ADVERTISEMENT

Folsom possibly being exiled from SFL

Wonder if the Rocklin folks ever talked with their defensive coordinator and asked him how he behaved before the game even started? Wonder if they asked him about the vulgar language and physical threats he directed to his opponent before the game even started while on the field with his kids? And ask him if any of those vulgarities were directed specifically at a player named Ngata? Not excusing the hit but things happen for a reason and its a shame when an adult is the cause of it.

. I was at the game, lots of disrespect coming from Folsom players, specifically lining up on the “R” pregame, stomping, spitting and swearing at the Rocklin coaches and players. Maybe this might pass cookies litmus test on who was there/and or connected.

My take is and remains the actions of players are a reflection of coaching leadership. I got to ask, how does any he said -she said pregame activity justify the cowardly cheap shot?

ob·fus·cate
ˈäbfəˌskāt/
verb
  1. render obscure, unclear, or unintelligible.

Just a thought. Since I’ve read things such as Open enrollment being bigger and more complicated than sports, what about just eliminating open enrollment for sports participation?

Soooo dumb. 'Athletes, you are not students.' All this righteous finger-waving is just virtue signalling.

I have addressed this in multiple threads if you go back and read. Folsom does not have open enrollment. Folsom Cordova Unified School district has an "open enrollment policy." This applies to Cordova High, Vista, and Folsom. However, Folsom and Vista are at capacity and only take kids on a first come first serve basis via open enrollment. Do to the capacity issues at both Folsom schools, almost nobody gets in via open enrollment. You have to live in Folsom to play there, period. If you look at their roster this year, you won't be able to find one "open enrollment student."

You can't be serious. There are been a handful of teams in the SJS alone in the last 40 years who have dominated, won titles, and beat teams regularly by 50 plus. And most of them weren't SFL teams! Not a peep. No threats to axe anyone from a league.

Bulldog nation has been proud of their program, win or lose, for its inception. The coaches work harder than any coaches I know and push those players to new heights. That attracts talent. If you don't like it, push your school to do the same. This is 2018, not 1975.

Here's a rather bold statement- NO SFL TEAMS play with all of "their own" kids. Not every kid was born down the street from the school. Del Oro and Grant have open enrollment. Oak Ridge and Granite Bay do not, BUT I challenge you to look at both of their rosters....(hint) over half the roster was not born in the school boundaries and moved their at some point! Big deal.

Funny fact- Folsom has lost more kids to Oak Ridge in the last 3 years than they have received in any type of transfer.

I would encourage people to look at the facts and not read into the propaganda being spread by the same usual pack of posters, looking to tear down one of the best teams this region has ever seen. Have some respect and cheer them on. Bulldog nation would do the exact same for any other program. And we do. Stay classy.

I think Folsom is a great football program, no doubt. I think DLS is a great football program, I think Central Catholic is a great football program. I have respect for all 3 of these teams. But they all have something in common. And we all know what that is. With that said, Folsom is going to keep getting better and better because they have established a winning program with kids coming from different places to play for them and they will continue to win because parents will move from wherever so their kid can play for Folsom. Folsom should be the one to " STEP UP" and want to go independent. I would think it gets pretty boring to keep winning these games by an average of 50 points a game. What fun is that? I would get pretty bored not being challenged. But if they can put a "W" on the bored, I guess that's all they care about. I guess I will never understand because I come from a place that wins and loses with their own. Oakdale born Oakdale bred, going to be a Mustang till the day I'm dead.

That's exactly what they are saying, and I agree. Folsom is not playing with the same rules as everyone else in the league is. With the exception of DO and Grant, all other teams in the SFL don't have open enrollment.
I'm not sure how Folsom Coaches think this is the same playing field.

What a bunch of whining. Open enrollment is a school district policy. It has nothing to do with the teams or coaches. I can tell you how the coaches feel. They don't give a *$%^. They play with the kids that show up and are declared eligible by the section. Thats it. If you think there is some moralizing because a bunch of whiny parents wring their hands, you are very mistaken.

With that said, Folsom is going to keep getting better and better because they have established a winning program with kids coming from different places to play for them and they will continue to win
False. Folsom will NOT be as good next year or the year after that. They have won 3 state titles and have not been as good the next year, other than this current seasons team. Publics schools are much more cyclic than private schools. People just have short memories.

Folsom should be the one to " STEP UP" and want to go independent.
Really? And be the only public school in the nation to go independent? Who is going to pay for this? The school district? While the other two district schools get the shaft for funding? Not going to happen. The SFL coaches quoted in the article and on this forum should be ashamed. The SFL is not a run of the mill league. It is rated, most years, as the #2 league in ALL OF CA! Most of those teams have had lots of success. This year is an anomaly because Folsom is out of this universe good...and people are not happy about it.

The same group of posters since I have been reading these forums continue to troll and say "step up your schedule!" "You can't beat DLS!" "You can't beat Alabama!"........................ Then turn around and say- "Your kids aren't homegrown!" "You have open enrollment!" "You aren't playing by the rules!"

So, you WANT Folsom to play these schools who DO play by different rules, but you want ONLY Folsom to have homegrown kids, have closed enrollment, and play by different rules?

Which one is it guys?

"STEP UP" Really? It's like Folsom playing against college teams week after week and not winning one game all season. Folsom wouldn't have a chance. Folsom couldn't even score against DLS. Whitney, Rocklin, Granite Bay, Oakridge don't' have open enrollment and will never be able to get the caliber of football players like DLS and Folsom can. So they will never be able to " STEP UP" as you put it.
Heres a concept- Alabama is the best team in the nation. Been dominating for a decade. They played the Louisana Rajun Cajuns & Arkansas State this year. They were up 41-14 on a league opponent this weekend at halftime. Maybe they should be exiled from the SEC?

Reactions: awood1
If Folsom had to play college teams week after week, I don't think hey would think it's fair. They could never win. This is how the SFL league feels about Folsom. To all of the SFL teams that play with their own, hats off to you.

Sooo dumb. But I guess it needs to be said. Yes, I supposed if they had to play USC or - wait, what? - Folsom is a high school team? Oh yeah, your hypothetical is nonsense. What if they had to play the NE Patriots every week?

And which SFL team plays with their 'own'? Which SFL teams do not accept transfers? DO? No. OR? No. Rocklin? No. Granite Bay? No.

"STEP UP" Really? It's like Folsom playing against college teams week after week and not winning one game all season. Folsom wouldn't have a chance. Folsom couldn't even score against DLS. Whitney, Rocklin, Granite Bay, Oakridge don't' have open enrollment and will never be able to get the caliber of football players like DLS and Folsom can. So they will never be able to " STEP UP" as you put it.

I was not getting the point to this post other than the general whining. Open enrollment is used by every single private school including DLS and Jesuit. I guess no one has a problem with that?

But the Folsom Cordova SCHOOL DISTRICT has an open enrollment policy and that is a big problem? How? Do any of you know how schools are funded? Do you know why a district has this policy? I will guarantee you that Folsom's football team was not a consideration in developing the policy.

The point is that 'stepping up' involves looking inward, not outward. Blaming the highly competitive team for their success is just ridiculous. Are they breaking the rules? No.

'They are just too good and we can't get our trophy'. Boo hoo. You bunch of babies.

These whiners won't win a D1 section title either. Folsom will still be there, even if they were not part of the SFL. But you can still be Del Oro or Granite Bay and win a title at D2, then go to state.

These whining coaches SHOULD be ashamed of themselves. How do they ever expect to compete with Folsom, when their coaches publically admit defeat before the game starts and complain their kids can get hurt?

What you end up with is an adult (coach) screaming obsenities at kids before a game even starts. As adults we need to teach kids how to be great adults. To be strong. To compete. That life is not fair. That there are valuable lessons in failure. That you need to accept reality and put forth your best effort. That great teams can beat great players.

I will bet $$$ Del Oro is not thinking like losers about the week 10 game. And maybe that attitude carried forward in the DO-OR game this weekend. I will also bet that the Sacramento team that beat Folsom a few years ago, and the Oakdale team that almost beat Folsom did not think this way. Those are the teams that should be celebrated.

Heres a concept- Alabama is the best team in the nation. Been dominating for a decade. They played the Louisana Rajun Cajuns & Arkansas State this year. They were up 41-14 on a league opponent this weekend at halftime. Maybe they should be exiled from the SEC?

No. They just had bad scouts. I think Folsoms scouts would have done a much better job

Reactions: aztecpadre
These whining coaches SHOULD be ashamed of themselves. How do they ever expect to compete with Folsom, when their coaches publically admit defeat before the game starts and complain their kids can get hurt?

What you end up with is an adult (coach) screaming obsenities at kids before a game even starts. As adults we need to teach kids how to be great adults. To be strong. To compete. That life is not fair. That there are valuable lessons in failure. That you need to accept reality and put forth your best effort. That great teams can beat great players.

I will bet $$$ Del Oro is not thinking like losers about the week 10 game. And maybe that attitude carried forward in the DO-OR game this weekend. I will also bet that the Sacramento team that beat Folsom a few years ago, and the Oakdale team that almost beat Folsom did not think this way. Those are the teams that should be celebrated.

For me, it's not ALL about the other SFL teams not having a chance against Folsom. It's also about Folsom wanting to stay in the SFL when they are not being challenged. Their used to be some sort of competition for them in the SFL but Folsom has become more like the public DLS. Why would they want to continue to give these beat downs. What are they proving? Absolutely nothing. It's pointless.

Reactions: Santa Ball
For me, it's not ALL about the other SFL teams not having a chance against Folsom. It's also about Folsom wanting to stay in the SFL when they are not being challenged. Their used to be some sort of competition for them in the SFL but Folsom has become more like the public DLS. Why would they want to continue to give these beat downs. What are they proving? Absolutely nothing. It's pointless.

It is clearly about the league trophy. The other stuff is just nonsense. Otherwise, the SFL teams would recognize that this Folsom team will graduate and they will have a different team. Folsom already plays in the 'best' league in the SJS. Maybe Rocklin, GB and OR should step down to play in another league. Put Jesuit, Inderkum or Cap Christian - or whatever other team wants to step up into the SFL. Get your trophy in a lower league you bunch of pansies.

It is clearly about the league trophy. The other stuff is just nonsense. Otherwise, the SFL teams would recognize that this Folsom team will graduate and they will have a different team. Folsom already plays in the 'best' league in the SJS. Maybe Rocklin, GB and OR should step down to play in another league. Put Jesuit, Inderkum or Cap Christian - or whatever other team wants to step up into the SFL. Get your trophy in a lower league you bunch of pansies.

First, let's be clear. My team doesn't
Play in the SFL. With that said, I don't feel any of the SFL teams are pansies. And I know they don't feel this way about themselves either.. It's about being competitive and it's been made very clear by Folsom that the other SFL teams are not able to compete. If it were one or two teams only, I would agree that they should move to a lower division, but when the entire league can't compete, their is an issue. And like I stated, I wouldn't think Folsom would get that much gratification beating EVERY team in their league by an average of 50 points. But, whatever floats their boat.

I bet your right. They THINK they can, but they WON'T.

Should be a great game. I watched those kids since they were 8 years old. Great group. Always #1 as youth players through JV if I recall correctly. You aren't giving them their deserved and earned respect. Last year was a complete one off. I don't think they lost any games until they were juniors in HS.

It's about being competitive and it's been made very clear by Folsom that the other SFL teams are not able to compete.
This year, yes.

But what about next year? Folsom will not be a juggernaut for the foreseeable future. Will they be good? Yes. But not dominant.

Do we set a precedent where we start kicking teams out of leagues for having a historically great season? If so, that is an awful thing for adults to be preaching to kids- "cant beat em! Kick em out!"

. I was at the game, lots of disrespect coming from Folsom players, specifically lining up on the “R” pregame, stomping, spitting and swearing at the Rocklin coaches and players. Maybe this might pass cookies litmus test on who was there/and or connected.

My take is and remains the actions of players are a reflection of coaching leadership. I got to ask, how does any he said -she said pregame activity justify the cowardly cheap shot?

ob·fus·cate
ˈäbfəˌskāt/
verb
  1. render obscure, unclear, or unintelligible.

No way it justifies a cheap shot. But seriously, a coach got caught up in that? So much for being a grown up. Probably did a great job of getting the opponent motivated. You should have greater issues with a coach who acts like a child versus ones that may not have emphasized good sportsmanship to a handful of their players. The Rocklin program isn't perfect by a long shot either.

No way it justifies a cheap shot. But seriously, a coach got caught up in that? So much for being a grown up. Probably did a great job of getting the opponent motivated. You should have greater issues with a coach who acts like a child versus ones that may not have emphasized good sportsmanship to a handful of their players. The Rocklin program isn't perfect by a long shot either.
I didn't want to bring this up because of reasons stated above. I wanted to see how it played out on here on how people would portray this without telling the entire story. I have everything prior to the lead up of this on video, but that has already been presented to the league, etc.... Out of respect for everyone, I will not post it.

I will say I was a bit shocked that the Rocklin coaches and a few players were acting like this prior to the game. I usually have great interactions at the games and great impressions of the players and coaches. In summary, I think there were some pissed off people on the 80 side before the game even started. The game outcome was expected, so I think certain people decided to make things interesting outside of the score of the game.

In the past now. Time to move on. Big game this week against GB. It will be interesting to see how Folsom reacts to GB after the article identified GB as one of schools complaining. Should be fun.

Agreed, no way it justifies the cheap shot. I disagree with the assumption that the Rocklin staff got caught up in the that, but if so that would an issue, sure. The hit in the video is really appalling, but I’m sure that Coach Richardson and or the Folsom staff has addressed it as would any reputable SFL coach right...

I didn't want to bring this up because of reasons stated above. I wanted to see how it played out on here on how people would portray this without telling the entire story. I have everything prior to the lead up of this on video, but that has already been presented to the league, etc.... Out of respect for everyone, I will not post it.

I will say I was a bit shocked that the Rocklin coaches and a few players were acting like this prior to the game. I usually have great interactions at the games and great impressions of the players and coaches. In summary, I think there were some pissed off people on the 80 side before the game even started. The game outcome was expected, so I think certain people decided to make things interesting outside of the score of the game.

In the past now. Time to move on. Big game this week against GB. It will be interesting to see how Folsom reacts to GB after the article identified GB as one of schools complaining. Should be fun.

Cookie, I’m sure the league is awaiting the lead up video with bated breath that justifies the hit. For the record did you see the hit, honestly curious what your thought were.

False. Folsom will NOT be as good next year or the year after that. They have won 3 state titles and have not been as good the next year, other than this current seasons team. Publics schools are much more cyclic than private schools. People just have short memories.

Really? And be the only public school in the nation to go independent? Who is going to pay for this? The school district? While the other two district schools get the shaft for funding? Not going to happen. The SFL coaches quoted in the article and on this forum should be ashamed. The SFL is not a run of the mill league. It is rated, most years, as the #2 league in ALL OF CA! Most of those teams have had lots of success. This year is an anomaly because Folsom is out of this universe good...and people are not happy about it.

The same group of posters since I have been reading these forums continue to troll and say "step up your schedule!" "You can't beat DLS!" "You can't beat Alabama!"........................ Then turn around and say- "Your kids aren't homegrown!" "You have open enrollment!" "You aren't playing by the rules!"

So, you WANT Folsom to play these schools who DO play by different rules, but you want ONLY Folsom to have homegrown kids, have closed enrollment, and play by different rules?

Which one is it guys?
Well said! And people ignore the details about this so called open enrollment

Reactions: cookie530
Is Folsom the only school In the SJS that had a kid commit a personal foul so far this season? If not, why aren’t we publicly shaming all of them?

Good question speed, should we? Maybe just the really bad ones, i.e. when they result in a concussion and neck injury, when the intent seems to clearly be to injur. Maybe just when the same players commits two personal fouls in the game. Maybe not the ones where the responsible coach sits that player the following week as a teaching lesson? Who know, obviously I’m not the moral authority.

I would be willing to bet this. Let’s say another team played Folsom, after that play (cheapshot) and didn’t show the restraint that this team did and simply folded that players knee the next play, (bye bye D1), I’m sure that would be front page news.

To answer your question, no Folsom wasn’t the only team in the SFL to have a personal.

Well said! And people ignore the details about this so called open enrollment
I think people just like to take snippets out of all the information and use only the little parts of information that support the point they are trying to push. I get it and all, but don't be disingenuous. Give someone all the facts and let them decide for themselves.

FACT, in pregame warmups Folsom approached the 50 yard line. Began stomping on the Rocklin "R" at mid field. They spit at, cursed and yelled at Rocklin players and coaches alike. The Rocklin DC went to mid field to put an end to it. Folsom coach, I believe is Cosby? The ex-cowboy? and engaged in the tirade. The entire thing got out of hand and as things calmed the coaches shook hands and it ended. Make no mistake, this bush league BS was started by Folsom and for the life of me don't understand why winning the game and by a large margin was forgone.....as for NGATA cheap and cowardly........it is uaually the second tier players whom resort to this....I for one was shocked when I saw it....didn't realize it was him for a few replays....then it set in....Why he wasn't pulled from the game at that moment is a reflection on the coach....He is the only one who can make the difference and choose not to....IMHO it was that instance that fueled the social media that went nuts with Rocklin...not the loss...

I was not in attendance but just saw the video clip.
If you were not in attendance, how do you make such a strong statement such as the one below?

FACT, in pregame warmups Folsom approached the 50 yard line. They spit at, cursed and yelled at Rocklin players and coaches alike.
How do you know they cursed and yelled if you weren't even there? Or maybe you were there, perhaps at the 50 yard line?

Wonder if the Rocklin folks ever talked with their defensive coordinator and asked him how he behaved before the game even started?
Exactly, where is the outrage over a GROWN MAN acting like a child? He is a mentor? No, he is a worn out act.

FACT, in pregame warmups Folsom approached the 50 yard line. Began stomping on the Rocklin "R" at mid field. They spit at, cursed and yelled at Rocklin players and coaches alike. The Rocklin DC went to mid field to put an end to it. Folsom coach, I believe is Cosby? The ex-cowboy? and engaged in the tirade. The entire thing got out of hand and as things calmed the coaches shook hands and it ended. Make no mistake, this bush league BS was started by Folsom and for the life of me don't understand why winning the game and by a large margin was forgone

Presenting a second-hand account as a FACT? Facts should be an accurate description of what happened. This sounds to me like the Rocklin version of what happened (maybe to justify the coach's behavior). I would bet Folsom's version would sound very different.

Ok, this has gone to far.

1) Yes, the hit was out of line, cowardly, disrespectful, bush, etc

2) The play is over, the kid is ok, flag him and possible suspension. - discussion over

3) because it's a Folsom kid( who happened to be winning by 30+) and a high profile player, this is made into a YouTube clip etc.

4) Now had this had been the back up linebacker for program such and such wouldn't even be a discussion.

5) Does it make it right ? No but the kid is 17, he's going to make a mistake every now and then. Teach him a lesson because that's against the rules of the game. Not because you play for a good team and is one of the best WR we have seen in Sac area.

Reactions: cookie530
If you were not in attendance, how do you make such a strong statement such as the one below?

How do you know they cursed and yelled if you weren't even there? Or maybe you were there, perhaps at the 50 yard line?

Exactly, where is the outrage over a GROWN MAN acting like a child? He is a mentor? No, he is a worn out act.
This is so awesome.

Admits to not being at the game, then comes back a week later or so and presents a first hand account to stir things up.

I am glad I waited for others to bring this all up before I did. I have video of everything but I wanted to see who would make things up, who wasn't there, etc....before I said anything.

Case closed.

My buddies kid is on the Rocklin JV team. I was at that game. I stayed till kickoff of the varsity game then exited the stadium.....Why stay when I knew the outcome.....I witnessed the entire ordeal.....FIRST HAND.....it was the way I described...
I was not in attendance but just saw the video clip
C'mon man. Don't make this worse than it already is.

Admit you weren't there and are just trying to stir things up on the board because you don't like Folsom, and move on. We have already seen it.

Not a big deal.

Regarding Folsom going independent......

1) WHY NOT? You can pick and choose who you want to battle with. Your clearly better then the SFL
This would bring Folsom on a national level where they should be.

2) DLS vs FOLSOM I honestly think the difference between the 2 schools is scheduling. After Folsom played DLS this season, the schedule went to the dumps. Now if Folsom went on to play, MD, Gorman, Bosco, etc they would definitely be more ready for a rematch vs DLS. At this time DLS is 3-4 scores better without a doubt. You don't get better blowing people out- everybody knows that.

3) REVENUE- if Folsom went independent they would lose that local money. But maybe if you have a few Great home games you would have people from all over the area traveling to watch.

4) SFL- Can we please stop with the how good the SFL is. GB- lost Cooper and haven't been their usual self since. DO- lost Taylor haven't been the same since. Whitney- not ready yet, give them a few years. Grant- was struggling in the Delta why place them in SFL? Rocklin- good in the past but Benzel doesn't have the talent to play in Carson.
Oakridge- is probably the only team to stay solid.

5) SCARED? - why wouldn't you want to play the best and be a national top 15 every year. You have already won 3 state titles, You beat every team in your league by 35+ every game. This area is NO longer a challenge for you. Who cares if SFL "blindsided us" they are basically saying your too good for us. We can't beat you.

Go independent, then you become a better team. The haters go away cause your not embarrassing a supposedly top team in norcal every week. To me it's an accomplishment to all the success you have reached. Congrats

Regarding Folsom going independent......

1) WHY NOT? You can pick and choose who you want to battle with. Your clearly better then the SFL
This would bring Folsom on a national level where they should be.

2) DLS vs FOLSOM I honestly think the difference between the 2 schools is scheduling. After Folsom played DLS this season, the schedule went to the dumps. Now if Folsom went on to play, MD, Gorman, Bosco, etc they would definitely be more ready for a rematch vs DLS. At this time DLS is 3-4 scores better without a doubt. You don't get better blowing people out- everybody knows that.

3) REVENUE- if Folsom went independent they would lose that local money. But maybe if you have a few Great home games you would have people from all over the area traveling to watch.

4) SFL- Can we please stop with the how good the SFL is. GB- lost Cooper and haven't been their usual self since. DO- lost Taylor haven't been the same since. Whitney- not ready yet, give them a few years. Grant- was struggling in the Delta why place them in SFL? Rocklin- good in the past but Benzel doesn't have the talent to play in Carson.
Oakridge- is probably the only team to stay solid.

5) SCARED? - why wouldn't you want to play the best and be a national top 15 every year. You have already won 3 state titles, You beat every team in your league by 35+ every game. This area is NO longer a challenge for you. Who cares if SFL "blindsided us" they are basically saying your too good for us. We can't beat you.

Go independent, then you become a better team. The haters go away cause your not embarrassing a supposedly top team in norcal every week. To me it's an accomplishment to all the success you have reached. Congrats
While your argument may have worked for this one season, or maybe 2014, what happens with the other seasons? Folsom is supposed to be the only public school in America, going independent, playing privates & academies, all while people accuse them of recruiting and open enrollment as a public independent school? C'mon now. That isn't realistic.

Folsom comes back down to earth next year and for the foreseeable future. They will likely be a force in the SJS, but nationally....probably not. At least not like they are this year. Saying that "this league is no longer a challenge" because of what they are doing now, with arguably one of the best teams in the history of NorCal, is disingenuous at best. You need a much bigger sample size to make the argument you are trying to make.

I just don't get what all the fuss is about for just this one season. I could see if Folsom was doing this for a decade, but they haven't been. DLS plays in the EBAL, arguably a step down from the SFL (yes I know they have been independent), and no one is calling for them to get kicked out.

Lastly- Who pays for the independent schedule? Travel? The school district is supposed to support this while giving the other two FCUSD High Schools the short end of the stick? Not going to happen.

As the Grant coach said- "Beat em!"

While your argument may have worked for this one season, or maybe 2014, what happens with the other seasons? Folsom is supposed to be the only public school in America, going independent, playing privates & academies, all while people accuse them of recruiting and open enrollment as a public independent school? C'mon now. That isn't realistic.

Folsom comes back down to earth next year and for the foreseeable future. They will likely be a force in the SJS, but nationally....probably not. At least not like they are this year. Saying that "this league is no longer a challenge" because of what they are doing now, with arguably one of the best teams in the history of NorCal, is disingenuous at best. You need a much bigger sample size to make the argument you are trying to make.

I just don't get what all the fuss is about for just this one season. I could see if Folsom was doing this for a decade, but they haven't been. DLS plays in the EBAL, arguably a step down from the SFL (yes I know they have been independent), and no one is calling for them to get kicked out.

Lastly- Who pays for the independent schedule? Travel? The school district is supposed to support this while giving the other two FCUSD High Schools the short end of the stick? Not going to happen.

As the Grant coach said- "Beat em!"

Why do people always complain about public schools having to play and contend with top private schools?

Quit crying about it. BEAT 'EM

Why do people always complain about public schools having to play and contend with top private schools?

Quit crying about it. BEAT 'EM
I have actually argued the opposite.

The problem, if you read back through all the threads, is that the same posters accuse Folsom of open enrollment, transfers, etc....... Then turn around and say "you need to play MD and SJB!" Keep in mind they both have 50-70 transfers, yet Folsom gets bagged on for having 3!

My point is you can't have it both ways. And while the independent thing is fun to talk about, it just isn't a viable long term option for a public school like Folsom. If it was, I am sure the idea would be explored further.

And I agree- "Beat em!"

Folsom is supposed to be the only public school in America, going independent, playing privates & academies, all while people accuse them of recruiting and open enrollment as a public independent school?

For the record, James Logan (public) thoroughly dominated the MVAL (NCS) for years, and then went independent for about a 4 or 5 year stretch until they ran out of juice a year or 2 ago when their demographics changed. They have now gone back into the MVAL, and while still much better than most teams in that league, they have competition from Moreau who clobbered then this year and Kennedy.

I do think they made the right decision to go independent for that period where they were dominant. I just don’t like the idea of a team being blindsided by the rest of the league complaining about having to play a really good team. And even when DLS and Logan were independent, they still played several games against the better teams in their prior leagues . So they’d still have to step up and play ball, even if Folsom were to go independent.

Reactions: concrete17
Cookie, take what I’m about to say the right way. Because I actually agree with you on the whole Folsom going Independent thing this thread has been discussing. Folsom going Independent is at best, a short-sighted take; and at worst, it’s simply idiotic. It’s not gonna happen, nor should it.

What that said, you’ve been rather blase’ about the video showing Ngata’s cheap shot. Now understand that I could really care less about who started what, and what coach may have said something to stoke that fire, etc. Thats a separate issue. What I do know is that what Ngata did on the play in question is beyond a standard personal foul. I mean, he wasn’t even involved in the play, nor was the kid he blindsided. It’s absolutely inexcusable on every level. I honestly can’t believe that Ngata didn’t receive some sort of game suspension (whether it be a whole game, or missing a start, or at least removed from the remainder of the game it happened in.). And I’m not referring to the section handing out a penalty, after the fact. it’s something Coach Richardson should handle in house so show that the team comes first, not the best player. I’m gonna go out on a limb and say if a Folsom player had taken a similar cheap shot from DLS’ To’oto’o or another of DLS’ studs, you’d have been on here screaming about it (rightfully so I may add). Look, I’m all for supporting ones team, but c’mon....that was wayyyyy out of line. Can you confirm he received no playing time suspension? That was a bad look for the kid, and it gives even worse optics for the coaching staff for him to continue playing.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT