ADVERTISEMENT

Folsom possibly being exiled from SFL

I just checked the rule book and "beyond a standard person foul" is the exact same penalty as "standard personal foul". The reason that they document rules and penalties in a rule book is so that penalties are not based on someone's emotions. You make a lot of assumptions, but I guess that is part of the moral high ground?

Blocking behind the ball is illegal. Blocking in front of the ball is still legal. It looked from the video that the block was executed after the whistle. That would be a personal foul penalty. If the block was executed before the whistle, then the defender turned his back, so the block in the back would also be a penalty.

The rest of your post is moral posturing.

Reactions: cookie530
Back to open enrollment, I confess I still don't get what the "open enrollment" claims are all about. How may Folsom football players are attending Folsom on an inter-district transfer? Are there no inter-district transfer students at all playing at the other SFL schools. I find that hard to believe. I know one GB player that grew up in Rancho Cordova and may still live there, but not positive on that. In any event, he is not "home-grown" Granite Bay.

Then, how many Folsom players are attending under intra-district school choice? So far as I can tell the Ngatas, Benett and the other "Reno" kids are not attending under either a inter-district transfer or intra-district school choice - they actually reside within the Folsom boundaries, and have since they were freshmen or moved into the boundaries as is the case with the current transfer that sat out. Now you may question the motivation of their parents for moving to Folsom, but they are there and within the school boundaries. if they moved into Granite Bay, are you telling me that Granite Bay wouldn't be playing them on their team out of some sort of principle? Playsomeball, if the Ngatas and Bennet moved into Oakdale HS boundaries in their freshmen year, would the Mustangs turn them away?

Anyway, here is the actual current FCUSD policy which can be found at
https://www.fcusd.org/Page/29668

Folsom Secondary Schools - Modification to School Choice and Interdistrict Transfer Applications

Revised December 14, 2017
As approved by the Board of Education at the December 14, 2017, meeting, the following modifications will be implemented for the 2018/19 school year for School Choice and Interdistrict Transfer Permits at Folsom Secondary Schools.

1. School Choice. Students residing within the Folsom Cordova Unified School District boundary.

1. Limit School Choice at Folsom Middle, Sutter Middle, Folsom High and Vista del Lago High Schools as capacity allows. Currently enrolled School Choice students at secondary Folsom schools would be allowed to continue at their current school.
  2. Students of district employees (certificated and full-time classified) may be admitted to any Folsom secondary school based on space available.
  3. Siblings may be grandfathered if, at the initial time of request, the older sibling currently attends and will continue to attend the secondary school requested for the next school year.
2. Interdistrict Transfer Permits (ITP). Students living outside the Folsom Cordova Unified School District boundary.

1. Consider new interdistrict transfer permits (ITP) into the following secondary schools contingent upon space availability and after accommodating “school choice” requests: Folsom Middle, Folsom High, Sutter Middle and Vista del Lago High Schools.
  2. Secondary students on an ITP during the 2016/17 school year at the schools listed above will be allowed to finish at their current school, as long as they continue to meet the criteria of the ITP agreement.
  3. Students on an ITP at Folsom elementary schools will be allowed to continue at their current elementary school, but will not be guaranteed admission based on an ITP to Folsom secondary schools. Students will need to apply for a new ITP, which will be considered only after school choice is placed and if remaining space is available.
  4. Students on an ITP at Folsom Middle and Sutter Middle during the 2016/17 school year will be permitted to attend Folsom High School based on space available.
  5. Students residing within the Folsom City limits but residing within the San Juan Unified School District boundary will be treated as resident students with school assignments of Carl Sundahl Elementary, Sutter Middle and Folsom High Schools. Any of these students wishing to attend a different school will be subject to the School Choice Process.
  6. Students of district employees (certificated and full-time classified) may be admitted based on space available to any Folsom secondary school after school choice students have been placed.
  7. Siblings may be grandfathered if, at the initial time of request, the older sibling currently attends and will continue to attend the secondary school requested for the next school year.

I just checked the rule book and "beyond a standard person foul" is the exact same penalty as "standard personal foul". The reason that they document rules and penalties in a rule book is so that penalties are not based on someone's emotions. You make a lot of assumptions, but I guess that is part of the moral high ground?

Blocking behind the ball is illegal. Blocking in front of the ball is still legal. It looked from the video that the block was executed after the whistle. That would be a personal foul penalty. If the block was executed before the whistle, then the defender turned his back, so the block in the back would also be a penalty.

The rest of your post is moral posturing.

Was this response intended for me? If so, I’ll bite.

Let’s clarify a few things. My primary point was not with what may or may not have been called on the field. But since you want to go all “Rule Book”, then let’s.

Ruke 9 Section 4, Article 3 - g
“Make any other contact with an opponent, including a defenseless player, which is deemed unnecessary or excessive and which incites roughness
(Defenseless Player as defined: “A player obviously out of the play or not in the immediate vicinity of the runner.” There are also definitions of Defenseless player existing to cover blindside blocks)
Or
Section 4 “Article 3 - m. “Targeting a player”

Both of these infractions result in 15 yards penalties AND “Disqualification if any fouls under these articles are judged by the game official to be flagrant”

I’m not saying he SHOULD’VE been disqualified, but I don’t think it’s a stretch at all to state that play could’ve fallen under either of these penalties. For you to act as if it’s NOT an option under the rule book is simply false.

As for your mention of my ‘moral posturing’, I’ll freely admit, my post was full of it (as intended). You see, as a coach, morals still matter to me, and to many others. If a player I coached pulled that crap, or anything similar, I assure you that he’d be yanked out of the game instantly (Whether the ref saw it, penalized it, or whatever.). I don’t care who he was. That not moral posturing by me, that stating a fact. ‘Cheap Shots’ or ‘Dirty Play” aren’t listed in the rule book...does that mean they doesn’t exist? Of course not. If you want to try make us all believe that play was no different than your ‘run of the mill’ personal foul, have at it. I’ll stick to what my eyes tell me.

FYI, I’m not suggesting Ngata is a dirty player (hell, we all have our moments on the field of play). I was really more interested to see how Richardson may have handled it, in house. That’s it

Last edited:
Was this response intended for me? If so, I’ll bite.

Let’s clarify a few things. My primary point was not with what may or may not have been called on the field. But since you want to go all “Rule Book”, then let’s.

Ruke 9 Section 4, Article 3 - g
“Make any other contact with an opponent, including a defenseless player, which is deemed unnecessary or excessive and which incites roughness
(Defenseless Player as defined: “A player obviously out of the play or not in the immediate vicinity of the runner.” There are also definitions of Defenseless player existing to cover blindside blocks)
Or
Section 4 “Article 3 - m. “Targeting a player”

Both of these infractions result in 15 yards penalties AND “Disqualification if any fouls under these articles are judged by the game official to be flagrant”

I’m not saying he SHOULD’VE been disqualified. But for you to act as if it’s NOT an option under the rule book is simply false.

As for your mention of my ‘moral posturing’, I’ll freely admit, my post was full of it (as intended). You see, as a coach, morals still matter to me, and to many others. If a player I coached pull that crap, or anything similar, I assure you that he’d be yanked out of the game instantly. Whether the ref saw it, penalized it, or whatever. I don’t care who he was. That not moral posturing by me, that’s fact. ‘Cheap Shots’ or ‘Dirty Play” isn’t listed in the rule book...does that mean it doesn’t exists? If you want to try make us all believe that play was no different than your ‘run of the mill’ personal foul, have at it. I’ll stick to what my eyes tell me.

I’m not suggesting Ngata is a dirty player (hell, we all have our moments on the field of play). I was more interested to see how Richardson may have handled it. That’s it
We have all seen the video. Heck, I was there live. We have all made our opinions known. The game is behind us now and Folsom plays Granite Bay next week.

A very interesting story line to play out on Friday night as Granite Bay was one of the teams mentioned in the Sac Bee article. Maybe it fires Folsom up even more so? Maybe it fires Granite Bay up? Should be fun!

Actually Cookie, I don’t think you ever gave your own opinion about the hit in question? Which you must admit....isn’t like you. you feeling OK?

;-)

Last edited:
Reactions: WWHS44
As for your mention of my ‘moral posturing’, I’ll freely admit, my post was full of it (as intended). You see, as a coach, morals still matter to me, and to many others. If a player I coached pulled that crap, or anything similar, I assure you that he’d be yanked out of the game instantly (Whether the ref saw it, penalized it, or whatever.). I don’t care who he was. That not moral posturing by me, that stating a fact. ‘Cheap Shots’ or ‘Dirty Play” aren’t listed in the rule book...does that mean they doesn’t exist? Of course not. If you want to try make us all believe that play was no different than your ‘run of the mill’ personal foul, have at it. I’ll stick to what my eyes tell me.

My point was that you are judging the play, the kid, and then defining the minimal acceptable punishment. You have state that this play is something so egregious that it is beyond the rule book and deserves special punishment. That is the definition of moral posturing.

"Cheap Shots" and "Dirty Play" are definitely in the rule book. That conduct would be regulated the same as any other personal foul. That is the remedy for a play like this. As a coach you should know this.

But what you want to know is if the player received extra punishment and if the extra punishment meets your moral code. Again, as a coach, you should know that this is handled internally. Not on a message board. And not in public.

A very interesting story line to play out on Friday night as Granite Bay was one of the teams mentioned in the Sac Bee article. Maybe it fires Folsom up even more so? Maybe it fires Granite Bay up? Should be fun!

No one is going to care and it will not impact the game one bit. These teams get after each other without any outside stimulus.

Equating morality with coaching is akin to civility and POTUS. We need not go there....

All kidding aside, both my kids were not “victims” of a crackback, but they certainly were defenseless. One popped up after all the “oooooooo”’s from the crowd and a sigh of relief from Mrs 1315. No way did anybody react other than “Man, that was nasty....but he looks okay.” The other was at a Pitt scrimmage. Late explosion after the count was up and he’d dropped his hands. Concussion.

Football is violent. Dirty football is cowardice. Inconsequential dirty football is lack of integrity. Some have it, many do not.

POTUS? After what we just witnessed, your example of incivility is POTUS? But yeah, let's not go there.

(It was like a warm, freshly baked chocolate chip cookie. I could not resist.)

No sfl team has beaten Folsom in a while but sac high has. And almost pulled it off the 2nd year (sac high looked like the better team in both match ups) sfl just has to get better at stopping folsoms offense. Folsom will have the clear athletic advantage on most of the sfl teams. They’ll take a step back next year but I believe badger is better overall than Joe Ngata so folsom May be prettty good next year as well. Folsom not having a mobile qb should be better for the sfl teams

Back to open enrollment, I confess I still don't get what the "open enrollment" claims are all about. How may Folsom football players are attending Folsom on an inter-district transfer? Are there no inter-district transfer students at all playing at the other SFL schools. I find that hard to believe. I know one GB player that grew up in Rancho Cordova and may still live there, but not positive on that. In any event, he is not "home-grown" Granite Bay.

Then, how many Folsom players are attending under intra-district school choice? So far as I can tell the Ngatas, Benett and the other "Reno" kids are not attending under either a inter-district transfer or intra-district school choice - they actually reside within the Folsom boundaries, and have since they were freshmen or moved into the boundaries as is the case with the current transfer that sat out. Now you may question the motivation of their parents for moving to Folsom, but they are there and within the school boundaries. if they moved into Granite Bay, are you telling me that Granite Bay wouldn't be playing them on their team out of some sort of principle? Playsomeball, if the Ngatas and Bennet moved into Oakdale HS boundaries in their freshmen year, would the Mustangs turn them away?

Anyway, here is the actual current FCUSD policy which can be found at
https://www.fcusd.org/Page/29668

Folsom Secondary Schools - Modification to School Choice and Interdistrict Transfer Applications

Revised December 14, 2017
As approved by the Board of Education at the December 14, 2017, meeting, the following modifications will be implemented for the 2018/19 school year for School Choice and Interdistrict Transfer Permits at Folsom Secondary Schools.

1. School Choice. Students residing within the Folsom Cordova Unified School District boundary.

1. Limit School Choice at Folsom Middle, Sutter Middle, Folsom High and Vista del Lago High Schools as capacity allows. Currently enrolled School Choice students at secondary Folsom schools would be allowed to continue at their current school.
  2. Students of district employees (certificated and full-time classified) may be admitted to any Folsom secondary school based on space available.
  3. Siblings may be grandfathered if, at the initial time of request, the older sibling currently attends and will continue to attend the secondary school requested for the next school year.
2. Interdistrict Transfer Permits (ITP). Students living outside the Folsom Cordova Unified School District boundary.

1. Consider new interdistrict transfer permits (ITP) into the following secondary schools contingent upon space availability and after accommodating “school choice” requests: Folsom Middle, Folsom High, Sutter Middle and Vista del Lago High Schools.
  2. Secondary students on an ITP during the 2016/17 school year at the schools listed above will be allowed to finish at their current school, as long as they continue to meet the criteria of the ITP agreement.
  3. Students on an ITP at Folsom elementary schools will be allowed to continue at their current elementary school, but will not be guaranteed admission based on an ITP to Folsom secondary schools. Students will need to apply for a new ITP, which will be considered only after school choice is placed and if remaining space is available.
  4. Students on an ITP at Folsom Middle and Sutter Middle during the 2016/17 school year will be permitted to attend Folsom High School based on space available.
  5. Students residing within the Folsom City limits but residing within the San Juan Unified School District boundary will be treated as resident students with school assignments of Carl Sundahl Elementary, Sutter Middle and Folsom High Schools. Any of these students wishing to attend a different school will be subject to the School Choice Process.
  6. Students of district employees (certificated and full-time classified) may be admitted based on space available to any Folsom secondary school after school choice students have been placed.
  7. Siblings may be grandfathered if, at the initial time of request, the older sibling currently attends and will continue to attend the secondary school requested for the next school year.

I hear what you are saying. And of course they would play if they move there. But, my issue is, Folsom has got the recognition for being a powerhouse they are, therefore, parents are moving so their kids can play for them, getting inter or intra district transfers, using other addresses, etc...Folsom high can't control who moves to their town, I get that. But this is becoming unfair to all of the SFL teams. And to be quite honest, I would think it's getting a bit boring for Folsom to keep playing in the SFL, since their really is not, and has not been anyone other than Grant and Oakridge that has even come close to beating them since 2009. Oakdale is in the VOL and has to play Manteca and Central Catholic. You never know with these games who is going to win year end and year out. Sierra used to be another one we had to worry about. Honestly, the rest of the teams that Oakdale plays in league are not even worth going to see. We know it's going to be a blowout. Of course, our town shows up because that's what Oakdale fans do. Still, it's not much fun to watch. Folsom doesn't' even have one team to worry about beating them in the SFL. There isn't one team that has come close or will come close, not now or anytime in the near future.

I hear what you are saying. And of course they would play if they move there. But, my issue is, Folsom has got the recognition for being a powerhouse they are, therefore, parents are moving so their kids can play for them, getting inter or intra district transfers, using other addresses, etc...Folsom high can't control who moves to their town, I get that. But this is becoming unfair to all of the SFL teams. And to be quite honest, I would think it's getting a bit boring for Folsom to keep playing in the SFL, since their really is not, and has not been anyone other than Grant and Oakridge that has even come close to beating them since 2009. Oakdale is in the VOL and has to play Manteca and Central Catholic. You never know with these games who is going to win year end and year out. Sierra used to be another one we had to worry about. Honestly, the rest of the teams that Oakdale plays in league are not even worth going to see. We know it's going to be a blowout. Of course, our town shows up because that's what Oakdale fans do. Still, it's not much fun to watch. Folsom doesn't' even have one team to worry about beating them in the SFL. There isn't one team that has come close or will come close, not now or anytime in the near future.

Loser mentality

Reactions: feedback1
Just a thought. Since I’ve read things such as Open enrollment being bigger and more complicated than sports, what about just eliminating open enrollment for sports participation?

Meaning, schools/districts can still have open enrollment to attract students and those interested in proprietary programs outside of sports (e.g., auto, agriculture), but if someone wants to also participate in sports, they have to qualify as if the school/district didn’t have open enrollment.

That way the schools/district can still get the kids primarily focused on their academics/programs that want the benefit of a better school or fit, while also weeding out the athletic motivated transfers that don’t qualify within guidelines of enrollment via school boundaries.

I’m sure there’s no perfect answer to this. And there will always be loopholes. But I feel the more they can level things, the better.
Once a school gets a taste of success in football, such as Folsom, that will not happen. They admin knows football is their highest revenue maker they have.

Reactions: ThunderRam
My understanding is that the player remained in the game. I would be willing to bet that Benzel and staff have been steamed about this, thus the animated quotes in Sac Bee. For the record, kids make bad judgements and it’s a passionate game but geez, that hit could have caused some serious damage. I couldn’t help but be pissed when I saw that.

As for the trash talk etc, I get it, but after all the personal fouls in this lopsided game, late hits and general disrespect for an opponent e.g. lining up at the home teams side 40 yd during pregame, throwing up whatever signs, cursing at sidelines and staff...

That bs is on the coaching staff. It’s just lame in my opinion but I digress.
I had no idea about the lining up at the 40 stuff. That's 100% on the coaches. I hate that stuff and would not let my son play for a team like that. Reminds me of Bishop Gorman, where they are at the coin toss and when the other team captains go to shake their hands the Gorman players just walk away. Zero respect for the game and obviously their opponent. Last year they didnt shake Mater Deis captains and proceeded to lose. This year they shook hands hoping Mater Dei wouldn't embarrass them, but they did. Well deserved too.

The SFL is supposed to be the toughest league in the SJS. If Rocklin, GB and OR don't want to play Folsom in league, then they should petition to drop down. Find their 'safe space' somewhere else. Then they can trophy hunt all they want.

This idea that Folsom is too good and therefore should be banned is completely anti-competitive and nonsensical. Removing Folsom from the SFL might allow one of them to win league, but what happens when DO or Grant wins the SFL title? Will these whining teams want them removed? And what happens when Folsom beats them (OR) in the section finals? Then have Folsom removed from the SJS? So dumb.

Step up coaches!

Since y
False. Folsom will NOT be as good next year or the year after that. They have won 3 state titles and have not been as good the next year, other than this current seasons team. Publics schools are much more cyclic than private schools. People just have short memories.

Really? And be the only public school in the nation to go independent? Who is going to pay for this? The school district? While the other two district schools get the shaft for funding? Not going to happen. The SFL coaches quoted in the article and on this forum should be ashamed. The SFL is not a run of the mill league. It is rated, most years, as the #2 league in ALL OF CA! Most of those teams have had lots of success. This year is an anomaly because Folsom is out of this universe good...and people are not happy about it.

The same group of posters since I have been reading these forums continue to troll and say "step up your schedule!" "You can't beat DLS!" "You can't beat Alabama!"........................ Then turn around and say- "Your kids aren't homegrown!" "You have open enrollment!" "You aren't playing by the rules!"

So, you WANT Folsom to play these schools who DO play by different rules, but you want ONLY Folsom to have homegrown kids, have closed enrollment, and play by different rules?

Which one is it guys?
Since you have been on this board? Didn't you just sign up late last year?

Once a school gets a taste of success in football, such as Folsom, that will not happen. They admin knows football is their highest revenue maker they have.

Bit of trivia that most folks don't seem to understand.

If Folsom sells 6,000 tickets to a home football game, $0 goes to the football program. (All ticket sales go to band, only concessions goes to football and only if they fully staff the concessions).

If Folsom sells 6,000 tickets to a home football playoff game, $0 goes to the football program. (All ticket sales go to the CIF, only concessions goes to football and only if they fully staff the concessions).

I had no idea about the lining up at the 40 stuff. That's 100% on the coaches. I hate that stuff and would not let my son play for a team like that. Reminds me of Bishop Gorman, where they are at the coin toss and when the other team captains go to shake their hands the Gorman players just walk away. Zero respect for the game and obviously their opponent. Last year they didnt shake Mater Deis captains and proceeded to lose. This year they shook hands hoping Mater Dei wouldn't embarrass them, but they did. Well deserved too.

I Remember that BG coin toss, it’s a 100% reflection of coaching. I think a lot of us have been around football a long time, coached, played, seen our kids play from mighty mites through college etc. Stuff happens, passions run hot but coaches are there to steer the ship, not just win/loss and awesome schemes.

Just to go on record, Folsom is a great football team, I personally think they should remain in the SFL and will be rooting for those players to represent NorCal in the post season.

Now for my sanctimonious diatribe.

Leadership
There is a respect for the game/opponent that’s a prerequisite to any good program. Defining moments if you will. It’s a “learned behavior” and feeder kids to a program learn by what they see (what’s tolerated/not tolerated). If players see that a marquee player,whoever that is, pulls a bs play one week, stays in the game and plays the next week, well...it’s pretty obvious to most of us that coaching staff is okay with that. Sure we don’t know what happens behind the curtain but some of us are dubious (to each his own).

Last edited:
Reactions: aztecpadre

If Folsom sells 6,000 tickets to a home football game, $0 goes to the football program. (All ticket sales go to band, only concessions goes to football and only if they fully staff the concessions).

If Folsom sells 6,000 tickets to a home football playoff game, $0 goes to the football program. (All ticket sales go to the CIF, only concessions goes to football and only if they fully staff the concessions).

Band or do you mean ASB???

Really? I knew about CIF getting all ticket sales, they got get their cut of the loot, but did not know the band gets the gate money. How does that work?

Im sure he means ASB. Thats nothing new, all money (most schools) made goes in to a ASB acct for a school then divided up from there into the specialized fb, band, leadership, misc sports accts.... Maybe Band gets a cut but I would be shocked if they get most the % let alone 100%, my guess would they would be the only band in the Nation to get more the 20%.

Our band sells tacos and another program has some other kiosk. They get 100% of those kiosk's. Our ASB has 2 as well, I understand that our program gets $0 from any of the kiosk but we get almost all the gate money n snack bar as well. Once a year band or another program gets to bring a bunch of outside vendors (usually homecoming) they get all that profit as well, fb gets $0 or 0%.

Again, I have no idea what the split is at Folsom, just shedding some light on how the whole friday night money situation works for us. I understand that we have a pretty fair setup, some fb programs get very little gate and some get 100% from the whole night all though rare.

Maybe band runs the snack bar, I know some schools have divided up nights. Band gets weeks 1 n 10, Volleyball gets week 3, Softball gets a week so on n so forth or have spilt nightls for all 5 home games with thise set programs getting 100% of snack bar profit, again that money would all be verifed by all parties then by A.D. and then by admin in charge that night, then that money gets into ASB acct asap and split up the following week n depostued into their specific asb run sports or club accts.

Sorry about the rambling on. I try to bite my tounge alot when I come on here but I see so much fake or wrong info and it seems to make the coversations get way uglier than it ever should.

Hope this clears up so info on the subject.

Folsom is in a very unique situation. Good academics, great coaching staff, and decent geographical proximity...These amenities attract kids from all over the region and beyond. It's almost like going to a private school.

If you assemble a similar coaching staff in Elk Grove, North Sac, South Sac, Stockton, etc. You'll have teams with similar success.

People forget that Folsom had a Pac-12 offensive coordinator running the show!!!! His footprint is still with this program!

And to think, the Bulldogs, of years past, were beating teams without having exceptional running backs and receivers. This year they happened to have two studs!

It was only a matter of time before a few big time brothas made it over there. The Ngata brothas fit perfectly into the spread...

Much respect to Folsom!

The SFL is supposed to be the toughest league in the SJS. If Rocklin, GB and OR don't want to play Folsom in league, then they should petition to drop down. Find their 'safe space' somewhere else. Then they can trophy hunt all they want.

This idea that Folsom is too good and therefore should be banned is completely anti-competitive and nonsensical. Removing Folsom from the SFL might allow one of them to win league, but what happens when DO or Grant wins the SFL title? Will these whining teams want them removed? And what happens when Folsom beats them (OR) in the section finals? Then have Folsom removed from the SJS? So dumb.

Step up coaches!
It's not just about the " whining teams". It's about Folsom wanting to stay in a league where 99 % of their games since 2009 have been blowouts. What's the point.

It's not just about the " whining teams". It's about Folsom wanting to stay in a league where 99 % of their games since 2009 have been blowouts. What's the point.
Grant & Cordova dominated for even longer and not a word about leaving their league.

DLS hasn't lost to a NorCal opponent, let alone league in decades, no talk of them being axed.

Why Folsom? Especially since its a much smaller sample size.

Yea I think people have this misconception that because a school has a great program that they just make tons of money. I also think people don’t realize how expensive the travel budget would be for the schedule that people seem to want Folsom to play. This isn’t college; tickets are cheap and there isn’t some big time TV contract pumping money in the program.

Grant & Cordova dominated for even longer and not a word about leaving their league.

DLS hasn't lost to a NorCal opponent, let alone league in decades, no talk of them being axed.

Why Folsom? Especially since its a much smaller sample size.

Because the people knew grant was dominating with grant kids. You keep overlooking why the parents and coaches are mad. You guys have 4 kids from Reno who knows the amount of sac kids. Do you not understand the difference. They are saying if you want to recruit players from everywhere go play teams that do the same. Before you say “we lose more kids than we get” mention that you’re letting good players go but are getting “ elite” players

Folsom is in a very unique situation. Good academics, great coaching staff, and decent geographical proximity...These amenities attract kids from all over the region and beyond. It's almost like going to a private school.

If you assemble a similar coaching staff in Elk Grove, North Sac, South Sac, Stockton, etc. You'll have teams with similar success.

So the same should happen at Vista del Lago if they get the right coaching staff?

Reactions: WWHS44 and awood1

Perhaps it's just me, but this is just ridiculous to me. Who decides the splits over at Folsom? After reading how things work at Inderkum from @mistark and what I know of a few other schools, it sounds like Folsom's FB program is getting screwed.

If only the band were showing up on FRI nights, not many would attend. The football games are THE draw. Zero money going to that program doesn't make sense at all. They should be getting the largest share. W/O the football program, those other programs might not exist in the same capacity, if at all.

There's a small chance, if you cared to pay attention, that certain kids didn't play too much against Whitney....just sayin

That’s Fair...
There was a really nice 34 yd tugg highlight on maxpreps.

Occam’s Razor? 56-0 score before halftime, makes sense that certain kids didn’t play too much against Whitney.

All playoff gates go to CIF, doesnt matter how big or how small the gate, 100% to CIF.

Football Gate pays for officials(all sports). I’m sure the school puts money back into the football program and others as well. I would venture to say Folsom makes 50k + in snack bar revenue as well. Sounds like Oak Ridge May be the team closest to challenging Folsom in a few years. 8 of their junior players were retained this year in eighth grade.

Because the people knew grant was dominating with grant kids. You keep overlooking why the parents and coaches are mad. You guys have 4 kids from Reno who knows the amount of sac kids. Do you not understand the difference. They are saying if you want to recruit players from everywhere go play teams that do the same. Before you say “we lose more kids than we get” mention that you’re letting good players go but are getting “ elite” players
Do most people choose to ignore facts...the ngata brothers and kb moved to folsom from reno before freshman year..nobody knew who they were unril last year..folsom didnt recruit..the academics, the program, the community did but again freshman year...md sjb etc all have high profile transfers ..that cant and doesnt happen at public school...get facts straight

Reactions: feedback1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT