ADVERTISEMENT

Folsom Schedule 2024

Proof is in the pudding. Their scheduling history doesn’t suggest they are willing the travel very far or very often. Just ask Pittsburg, who didn’t get a return visit.

I’m sure DLS has been willing at some point, but no trips to NorCal have ever happened beyond State Bowl games.

They often tweet it, but don’t do it. Vegas, SD and the greater LA area are their extent, apparently.

Last edited:
The popular and easy answer is they know they’ll get beat and probably beaten very soundly.

BUT — this current Folsom staff has proven they’re willing to schedule up, hence DLS and Serra. So I’d say it’s more likely that Cen10 may not be able or willing to make a return trip up to Folsom.

Historically Cen10 hasn’t traveled far for games. Up until recently, almost all long distance foes had to travel to Corona w/o a return trip. W/O verifying, I’m pretty sure the Huskies have never even traveled to play DLS. The only trips up to NorCal I can recall were the State Championships numerous years back.

The past few years they traveled to San Diego and to Vegas to play Bishop Gorman. However a Folsom trip would be double that distance.

Folsom may not be interested if there isn’t a return trip. And if that’s the case, I don’t blame them.
PITT traveled to Cen10 2 years in a row to play Cen10…..

Folsom has had no problem traveling to So Cal to play far less teams like Chaminade and a San Diego team in 2014 prior to the SBG…..

If Folsom wants Cen10 they know where to find them….

DLS had Cen10 Scheduled in 2020, the game was in San Diego as part of the Honor Bowl…..

Reactions: aztecpadre and remc
PITT traveled to Cen10 2 years in a row to play Cen10…..

Folsom has had no problem traveling to So Cal to play far less teams like Chaminade and a San Diego team in 2014 prior to the SBG…..

If Folsom wants Cen10 they know where to find them….

DLS had Cen10 Scheduled in 2020, the game was in San Diego as part of the Honor Bowl…..

You’ve missed the point entirely.

Nobody said Folsom was looking for them.

Simply pointed out that Cen10 historically doesn’t travel. And that likely has played a key factor why a scheduled game with Folsom, DLS, and others has never happened.

Of course Cen10 would play in SD, they just won’t travel much further than that.

If I was Folsom, I wouldn’t schedule them either if they are unwilling to return the favor and come up North.

I’m not suggesting they are “scared” or anything. Quite the contrary. They are just unwilling or unable to travel distances beyond SoCal and Vegas. And that limits their options because the majority will want home and home agreements.

So before people kill Folsom, who has shown to be willing to schedule good teams in recent years, they need to consider that factor. Also, the onus ain’t just on Folsom to make a game like that happen. The opponent needs to be willing to travel too.

Last edited:
You’ve missed the point entirely.

Nobody said Folsom was looking for them.

Simply pointed out that Cen10 historically doesn’t travel. And that likely has played a key factor why a scheduled game with Folsom, DLS, and others has never happened.

Of course Cen10 would play in SD, they just won’t travel much further than that.

If I was Folsom, I wouldn’t schedule them either if they are unwilling to return the favor and come up North.

I’m not suggesting they are “scared” or anything. Quite the contrary. They are just unwilling or unable to travel distances beyond SoCal and Vegas. And that limits their options because the majority will want home and home agreements.

So before people kill Folsom, who has shown to be willing to schedule good teams in recent years, they need to consider that factor. Also, the onus ain’t just on Folsom to make a game like that happen. The opponent needs to be willing to travel too.
Look…. We can all Sugar Coat Folsoms Current Coaches Scheduleing.,… Bravo, Great job playing the Top Nor Cal teams which they should have been playing all along….

The point is, Folsom is Definitely scared of Cen10…. Just like they are Scared of SJB and MD, Folsom won’t play those teams….

Yet PITT, Serra and other SJS teams of Lesser Capabilities than Folsom have played the Cen10’s, MD’s and SJB’s. Until Folsom schedules one of So Cal’s Big 3, they are just running scared…..

Demanding a home and home is just an excuse….. PITT had no issue going to Cen10 back to back years….

Same old story…. 🤣

Reactions: remc and MC415
Rough estimate for the Visiting team in these So Cal v Nor Cal games where at least one overnight stay is required? Maybe 20-25k? If there’s no home and home involved, do the Home Team offer to assist in costs? % Of Gate?

just curious. Its a lot easier for us to suggest games versus the reality of the processes in making them happen.

Proof is in the pudding. Their scheduling history doesn’t suggest they are willing the travel very far or very often. Just ask Pittsburg, who didn’t get a return visit.

I’m sure DLS has been willing at some point, but no trips to NorCal have ever happened beyond State Bowl games.

They often tweet it, but don’t do it. Vegas, SD and the greater LA area are their extent, apparently.
I hear what you are saying but I don’t always need a home/away game. If we beat you in your house and you don’t want to come see me in mines, I’ll take it as you don’t want the smoke!

Rough estimate for the Visiting team in these So Cal v Nor Cal games where at least one overnight stay is required? Maybe 20-25k? If there’s no home and home involved, do the Home Team offer to assist in costs? % Of Gate?

just curious. Its a lot easier for us to suggest games versus the reality of the processes in making them happen.
Not sure how any of it works…. But if PITT can afford to travel to Cen10 Back to Back years then Certainly Folsom can….

Folsom also traveled to San Diego for a regular season game and Chaminade with no home and home, so if Folsom really wanted to play Cen10 they could….

Also, SJB and MD have had no issue coming to Nor Cal to play…. I am sure if a Decorated Nor Cal program like Folsom asked for a home game with either of those teams would have no problem coming to Nor Cal to play….

Reactions: remc
MD/Bosco/Corona are 50 points better than NorCal best. It’s a different playing field.

Cost of travel? Some school district can't afford to travel. Public anyways. Going to many fund raisers. I am sure some schools don't have the financial ability to travel.

Not sure how any of it works…. But if PITT can afford to travel to Cen10 Back to Back years then Certainly Folsom can….

Folsom also traveled to San Diego for a regular season game and Chaminade with no home and home, so if Folsom really wanted to play Cen10 they could….

Also, SJB and MD have had no issue coming to Nor Cal to play…. I am sure if a Decorated Nor Cal program like Folsom asked for a home game with either of those teams would have no problem coming to Nor Cal to play….
Honest question OC

what exactly is your gripe vs Folsom? I mean, there’s no longer any idiot Folsom fans on this site beating their chests making obnoxious claims that fired up the masses. Their current coaching staff is fully turned over from the base group that were blamed for the changes to the bowl structure (aka The Folsom Rule). Just curious at the reason Folsom can’t be mentioned without you seeming to bash them for not scheduling Cen10.

Reactions: Sacchiefs
Honest question OC

what exactly is your gripe vs Folsom? I mean, there’s no longer any idiot Folsom fans on this site beating their chests making obnoxious claims that fired up the masses. Their current coaching staff is fully turned over from the base group that were blamed for the changes to the bowl structure (aka The Folsom Rule). Just curious at the reason Folsom can’t be mentioned without you seeming to bash them for not scheduling Cen10.
I actually really like Folsom since they changed coaches, I think he has done a great job and they are a tough, gritty team that never gives up and plays a good schedule of top nor Cal teams….

So my only gripe is that they won’t schedule Cen10…. Other than that, I like everything they are doing and think they will be the front runner for the Open next year in Nor Cal….

I actually really like Folsom since they changed coaches, I think he has done a great job and they are a tough, gritty team that never gives up and plays a good schedule of top nor Cal teams….

So my only gripe is that they won’t schedule Cen10…. Other than that, I like everything they are doing and think they will be the front runner for the Open next year in Nor Cal….
Fair enough, I guess. It’s just that you seem rather enamored with Cen10, and for some reason Folsom playing them. What’s the basis behind this?

As for your “Folsom is Definitely scared of Cen10” comment, what is your inside knowledge that how you “definitely” know this? I'm not saying Folsom would beat Cen10 - Im Just trying to understand how you know this info? Do you have an inside connection with Cen10?

Honest question OC

what exactly is your gripe vs Folsom? I mean, there’s no longer any idiot Folsom fans on this site beating their chests making obnoxious claims that fired up the masses. Their current coaching staff is fully turned over from the base group that were blamed for the changes to the bowl structure (aka The Folsom Rule). Just curious at the reason Folsom can’t be mentioned without you seeming to bash them for not scheduling
Fair enough, I guess. It’s just that you seem rather enamored with Cen10, and for some reason Folsom playing them. What’s the basis behind this?

As for your “Folsom is Definitely scared of Cen10” comment, what is your inside knowledge that how you “definitely” know this? I'm not saying Folsom would beat Cen10 - Im Just trying to understand how you know this info? Do you have an inside connection with Cen10?
He just wants to see Folsom schedule a real SoCal power, thats all. Cen 10 is a good matchup. Not like he's demanding they play MD or SJB. Mission Viejo would be another good matchup as would Liberty Bakersfield.I like Folsom too, but they blew too many scheduling opportunities with their most physically talented teams. Nice to schedule Serra and DLS, but DLS isn't what they used to be, clearly. Serra can be expected to take a step down as they lose alot of talent.

I think too because Folsom has been one of the most successful Publics in Nor Cal that the OC is advocating for a matchup with a similarly successful So Cal Public. Of course there is the reaction to the cheese cutting poster who always shows up following a successful Folsom season crowing about how the Bull Dogs are the best/winningest public in California.

Agree that I am supportive of any Nor Cal prep program that excels, raises the performance bar and graduates players we can watch on Saturdays and Sundays

I have no inside knowledge of anything, Just common sense…. If Folsom really wanted to play Cen10 they could travel there just like PITT did….

Also, In either 2020 or 2021 a twitter exchange between Cen10 and someone who was asking why they haven’t played Folsom was posted on the National Board and I think here as well…. Cen10 stated they they asked Folsom for a Game and Folsom Declined stating “We are focusing playing Nor Cal Teams”….

But you can’t believe everything you read on Twitter so again, I have no inside knowledge of anything….

I have no inside knowledge of anything, Just common sense…. If Folsom really wanted to play Cen10 they could travel there just like PITT did….

Also, In either 2020 or 2021 a twitter exchange between Cen10 and someone who was asking why they haven’t played Folsom was posted on the National Board and I think here as well…. Cen10 stated they they asked Folsom for a Game and Folsom Declined stating “We are focusing playing Nor Cal Teams”….

But you can’t believe everything you read on Twitter so again, I have no inside knowledge of anything…

I don’t doubt if it were really important for Folsom to play Cen10, they could probably find a way to make it happen. But Folsom not prioritizing this game, or choosing to play a Home Game or a Different opponent does not make them “scared” to do Play Cen10. It just means they don’t feel it’s quite as important as you apparently do. 😀

• Haha
Reactions: THEOC89
I don’t doubt if it were really important for Folsom to play Cen10, they could probably find a way to make it happen. But Folsom not prioritizing this game, or choosing to play a Home Game or a Different opponent does not make them “scared” to do Play Cen10. It just means they don’t feel it’s quite as important as you apparently do. 😀
Totally Agree!…. In Folsoms mind it’s not important…. To HSFB fans like me, Folsom is scared…. It’s all about perception…. 🤣

Reactions: remc and WWHS44
Some things never change. He's had a stick up his butt for Folsom for ages now. He doesn't seem to want to speak to anyone about getting it removed.

I agree that it is strange.

Haha.. Come on Cal!

It would be nice to enjoy a Folsom conversation without the same narrative all the time. We know by now, after 10 years plus of success on the football field that Folsom isn't interested in playing the top programs in California or across the nation. So at some point people have to move on. Even tho I believe The OC and others are right.

Reactions: remc
I really like the Folsom vs Long Beach game. That should be a really good game. People shouldn't sleep on Poly. Poly has a special place in the heart of NorCal fans. They have been at the center of some of the most epic NorCal games.

DLS vs LB 2001 I believe this was the first meeting between the top 2 ranked programs in the nation.

Grant vs LB 2008 This epic Open Championship game came down to the finally drive. With multiple future NFL players on the field, this game made my list of top 3 games of all time.

Grant vs LB 2011 In front of a packed stadium at Alberghini Field, LB blocked a late field goal attempt to seal a one point win, redemption from there 2008 loss.

Granite Bay vs LB 2012 A defensive struggle all night, the GB offense finally put together an outstanding effort on their final drive to shock Coach Lara and the Jack Rabbits nation. Securing Ernie and GB a D1 championship.

Again, I like this game and I hope it creates some similar memories.

I really like the Folsom vs Long Beach game. That should be a really good game. People shouldn't sleep on Poly. Poly has a special place in the heart of NorCal fans. They have been at the center of some of the most epic NorCal games.

DLS vs LB 2001 I believe this was the first meeting between the top 2 ranked programs in the nation.

Grant vs LB 2008 This epic Open Championship game came down to the finally drive. With multiple future NFL players on the field, this game made my list of top 3 games of all time.

Grant vs LB 2011 In front of a packed stadium at Alberghini Field, LB blocked a late field goal attempt to seal a one point win, redemption from there 2008 loss.

Granite Bay vs LB 2012 A defensive struggle all night, the GB offense finally put together an outstanding effort on their final drive to shock Coach Lara and the Jack Rabbits nation. Securing Ernie and GB a D1 championship.

Again, I like this game and I hope it creates some similar memories.
Good post Sac, great games and memories there

So my only gripe is that they won’t schedule Cen10….
He just wants to see Folsom schedule a real SoCal power, thats all. Cen 10 is a good matchup.

You guys (not mrbig) keep harping on Folsom for not scheduling Cen10 while continually and selectively ignoring the fact that Cen10 hasn't ever scheduled a single game against a true NorCal opponent sans Pittsburg -- who had to travel to them 2 years straight.

That means DLS has never scheduled Cen10 either. Nor has Serra-San Mateo. Nor has Grant Union. Nor has any other program from the WCAL. Yet you levy zero criticism towards any of those programs, who have been NorCal powers for much, much longer than Folsom.

That sure implies an anti-Folsom bias.

DLS has proven they will take on all challenges. YET, for some reason, has only ever faced Cen10 in State Bowl games. The same exact way Palo Alto was matched up with the Huskies in 2010.

There has to be a good reason for this. And there is. Cen10 won't commit to a return engagement. The proof is in the pudding and has been brought up and outlined here before.

Cen10 has never scheduled and traveled to play a game North of Fresno. And the last time they made that trip was nearly 16 years ago.

The only time they did play a game North of Fresno was when the State Bowl games were held in Sacramento in 2015 (which IIRC travel and lodging expenses are covered by the CIF). But, again, they have never actively scheduled a game in NorCal during their programs history.

Furthermore, during their entire history as a program, they'd never traveled out of state to play a marquee game until this past season when they faced Bishop Gorman in Las Vegas. Prior to that, every single out-of-state opponent had to travel to California to play them, whether it be at Cen10 or a neutral site in SoCal.

For in-state opponents scheduled outside of the Southern and LA Sections, the furthest they've ever traveled to play an away game is San Diego and Fresno.

When you consider the above, the reason why DLS, the WCAL, Folsom, and every other NorCal program not named Pittsburg has never scheduled them becomes quite apparent. But for some reason you guys only want to hammer Folsom for doing what 99.99% of all programs remotely on Cen10's radar (including out-of-section and out-of-state opponents) have elected to do: Hold out for a home and home agreement.

So, the question begs: Why should Folsom or any program submit to the demands of Cen10?

Citing Pittsburg's willingness to do so isn't a valid argument. Pittsburg and the handful of other programs that agreed to travel to Cen10 w/o a return engagement are of the vast minority. We're talking less than 10 programs over Cen10's 34 year history.

Lastly, the tables can easily be turned with Cen10 being held equally responsible (or more) for not making a game happen. Afterall, they are and have been CA's top public program for well over a decade. Close to two decades, actually. Like Folsom, can't they be expected to able to afford to travel? I mean, if they could make a trip to Vegas happen last season and have shown the ability to drive a bus to Fresno, why is traveling to the Bay area or Sacramento so cost prohibitive?

It takes two to tango. If Cen10 is too good (or too poor), for the most part, to travel outside their own backyard, their scheduling history, as outlined above, will continue to remain the status quo. It's completely unwarranted and unfair to blame Folsom for that reality.

Last edited:
Reactions: mrbig864
You guys (not mrbig) keep harping on Folsom for not scheduling Cen10 while continually and selectively ignoring the fact that Cen10 hasn't ever scheduled a single game against a true NorCal opponent sans Pittsburg -- who had to travel to them 2 years straight.

That means DLS has never scheduled Cen10 either. Nor has Serra-San Mateo. Nor has Grant Union. Nor has any other program from the WCAL. Yet you levy zero criticism towards any of those programs, who have been NorCal powers for much, much longer than Folsom.

DLS has proven they will take on all challenges. YET, for some reason, has only ever faced Cen10 in State Bowl games. The same exact way Palo Alto was matched up with the Huskies in 2010.

There has to be a good reason for this. And there is. Cen10 won't commit to a return engagement. The proof is in the pudding and has been brought up and outlined here before.

Cen10 has never scheduled and traveled to play a game North of Fresno. And the last time they made that trip was nearly 16 years ago.

The only time they did play a game North of Fresno was when the State Bowl games were held in Sacramento in 2015 (which IIRC travel and lodging expenses are covered by the CIF). But, again, they have never actively scheduled a game in NorCal during their programs history.

Furthermore, during their entire history as a program, they'd never traveled out of state to play a marquee game until this past season when they faced Bishop Gorman in Las Vegas. Prior to that, every single out-of-state opponent had to travel to California to play them, whether it be at Cen10 or a neutral site in SoCal.

For in-state opponents scheduled outside of the Southern and LA Sections, the furthest they've ever traveled to play an away game is San Diego and Fresno.

When you consider the above, the reason why DLS, the WCAL, Folsom, and every other NorCal program not named Pittsburg has never scheduled them becomes quite apparent. But for some reason you guys only want to hammer Folsom for doing what 99.99% of all programs remotely on Cen10's radar (including out-of-section and out-of-state opponents) have elected to do: Hold out for a home and home agreement.

So, the question begs: Why should Folsom or any program submit to the demands of Cen10?

Citing Pittsburg's willingness to do so isn't a valid argument. Pittsburg and the handful of other programs that agreed to travel to Cen10 w/o a return engagement are of the vast minority. We're talking less than 10 programs over Cen10's 34 year history.

Lastly, the tables can easily be turned with Cen10 being held equally responsible (or more) for not making a game happen. Afterall, they are and have been CA's top public program for well over a decade. Close to two decades, actually. Like Folsom, can't they be expected to able to afford to travel? I mean, if they could make a trip to Vegas happen last season and have shown the ability to drive a bus to Fresno, why is traveling to the Bay area or Sacramento so cost prohibitive?

It takes two to tango. If Cen10 is too good (or too poor), for the most part, to travel outside their own backyard, their scheduling history, as outlined above, will continue to remain the status quo. It's completely unwarranted and unfair to blame Folsom for that reality.
DLS and Cen10 were Scheduled to play in 2020 in the Honor Bowl in San Diego…. Cen10 also Scheduled ST Francis Academy in 2020 as well…. Unfortunately thiose games did not happen due to COVID….

Cen10 played IMG in the past and Plays MD every year…. If Cen10 was scheduling a lesser Nor Cal team and coming up here to play them I would say they don’t want to play Folsom….

If Folsom was hosting BG, IMG, MD, Chandler AZ or even playing them on a neutral field then you would have a point…. But the best Non Nor teams Folsom has scheduled is Cathedral Cathloic, Chaminade, some team from Idaho and now LBP this upcoming year….

So it is what it is…. An endless conversation until one day they hopefully play….. 🤣

Reactions: remc and aztecpadre
DLS and Cen10 were Scheduled to play in 2020 in the Honor Bowl in San Diego…. Cen10 also Scheduled ST Francis Academy in 2020 as well…. Unfortunately thiose games did not happen due to COVID….

If Folsom was hosting BG, IMG, MD, Chandler AZ or even playing them on a neutral field then you would have a point…. But the best Non Nor teams Folsom has scheduled is Cathedral Cathloic, Chaminade, some team from Idaho and now LBP this upcoming year….
The fact Cen10 and DLS were slated to play in San Diego does nothing to counter TRs point that they don’t travel North, it only seems to solidify it.

Also, Why? Why would TR only “have a point” if “Folsom was hosting BG, IMG, MD…”? That makes no sense at all.
his point is valid regardless. And again, why constantly point fingers at Folsom, throwing shade, and not calling out other top North programs? At the end of the day, who really cares? I don’t see any Folsom players or fans calling out Cen10 (sans all of our least favorite poster). That’s a damn impressive program, whats to gain by Folsom losing to them???

The fact Cen10 and DLS were slated to play in San Diego does nothing to counter TRs point that they don’t travel North, it only seems to solidify it.

Also, Why? Why would TR only “have a point” if “Folsom was hosting BG, IMG, MD…”? That makes no sense at all.
his point is valid regardless. And again, why constantly point fingers at Folsom, throwing shade, and not calling out other top North programs? At the end of the day, who really cares? I don’t see any Folsom players or fans calling out Cen10 (sans all of our least favorite poster). That’s a damn impressive program, whats to gain by Folsom losing to them???
TR said that DLS has Never Scheduled Cen10…. This is not true, DLS scheduled them in 2020 and even agreed to travel to so cal to play them…..

Serra scheduled SJB this year…. ST Mary’s has played both MD and SJB, I think Modesto CC has played SJB…. Heck, even MT and Elk Grove had MD and SJB on their schedules in 2020…. And of course PITT played Cen10 twice…. So other top Nor Cal teams have scheduled these powerhouse programs, so TR has no valid point….

Some teams seek out and are not afraid to play the best, Folsom is just not one of those teams…. But they have been playing the top Nor Cal teams so that is great!…. It has really made the last few years fun to watch….

And you are correct…. Folsom has nothing to gain from losing to Cen10, MD or SJB so I understand the take that it is pointless for Folsom to schedule any of those teams and why they are reluctant to do so….

But I also don’t think that it’s guaranteed that Folsom would lose to Cen10 so as a fan, I would just like to see the matchup since we will never see it in a SBG….

Reactions: remc and mrbig864
After reading most of these posts. My question is financial factors in scheduling? Traveling cost. Just speaking on things I see? Oakdale went as far as out of state? Just to Reno. I have been to fund raisers for both wrestling and football teams. Honestly I was shocked at the totals. Don't know their fan base. But can they pay for the travel?

I don’t see a lot of Folsom bashing. I think the fans want to see the titans collide. IMO, they should play Centennial! Even if it’s in a showcase game. Put the game on the schedule. The best teams should play the best. It makes no sense not to test your team against the best competition possible. Who cares if you don’t get a home/away contest. Who cares if you lose! Get better!

Take this show on the road and beat someone. That's why I really wish the Sacramento kids would stop going to Folsom and instead, put on for the city—taking Sacramento football on the road, ready to face any team, anytime, anywhere. Sacramento vs. everybody.

...Who cares if you don’t get a home/away contest...

Take this show on the road and beat someone. That's why I really wish the Sacramento kids would stop going to Folsom and instead, put on for the city—taking Sacramento football on the road, ready to face any team, anytime, anywhere. Sacramento vs. everybody.
Well actually, I'm guessing most schools "care" quite a bit. I'm not privy to the travel costs to send a team Folsom's size (including staff, trainers, chaperones) some 450 miles. But renting 2-3 buses R/T, hotel rooms for a party of what 80? 100? Throw in food and miscellaneous and I'd think $25-30k may be a fair number. Is their gate sharing from the Home School, is there other financial 'guarantees'? (ie, free hotel rooms or housing)

I'm also not privy to possible Home Gate revenue lost. Would name recognition visiting team bring in more money that a normal league game?

To just say "Who Cares" is a pretty short-sided comment. Money matters

Reactions: THEOC89
Well actually, I'm guessing most schools "care" quite a bit. I'm not privy to the travel costs to send a team Folsom's size (including staff, trainers, chaperones) some 450 miles. But renting 2-3 buses R/T, hotel rooms for a party of what 80? 100? Throw in food and miscellaneous and I'd think $25-30k may be a fair number. Is their gate sharing from the Home School, is there other financial 'guarantees'? (ie, free hotel rooms or housing)

I'm also not privy to possible Home Gate revenue lost. Would name recognition visiting team bring in more money that a normal league game?

To just say "Who Cares" is a pretty short-sided comment. Money matters
Did money or home/away games deter them from traveling to San Diego to play Cathedral Catholic in a preseason game? They’ve also traveled to West Hills (SoCal) to play Chaminade in a pre-season competition. Contrary to the suggestion that money, travel and home/away logistics might be deterrents, Folsom has demonstrated a commitment to seeking competition beyond their local area. They’ve traveled to Southern California for preseason games on more than one occasion.

It’s clear that they didn’t play these schools for the home/away series or for the promise of a big gate at home. To my knowledge, neither team came to Folsom.

These games were more than likely played for the experience and competition.

It’s been said that Folsom has a great administrative staff and booster club. This is the kind of planning and scheduling that occasionally comes with the job/ commitment.

Maybe I missed it but nobody mentioned traveling with 50 or more high school student athletes and the professional responsibilities that come with an out of state and overnight trip for a coach/ teacher. Not every coaching staff and support staff is equipped to handle all the situations that can arise in a trip like this. I'm all for the positive experience and learning that can come from these trips, but we all are very aware of how negative a trip like this could be for the team or program even if you have in all the security measures/nets in place. At the end of the day you're a teacher, parent or guardian putting yourself in the cross hairs if things you can't control go bad. Just my .02 cents.

Last edited:

DLS and Cen10 have played in a SBG on two occasions that I recall. Point is, they've played. Covid complications notwithstanding where the regular season schedule was concerned

Last edited:

The point is, its a feather in Folsom's cap, win or lose. You win , you bolster your reputation and name recognition of your program. You lose, you find out how close or how far away your program is from the very best in the state, and even nationally. There should be no fear of losing to a program like Cen10. Big time high school programs schedule each other every year, on the national level. Folsom is a big time program in the state of California. Why shouldn't they schedule games against the best teams in California? They are one of those teams. Anti Folsom bias Thunder? Come on

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT