ADVERTISEMENT

Folsom @ Serra

They’re chewing up yards…. and clock.

Finally, a pass, incomplete…. 3rd and 4.

Run stopped…. 4th and 3.

Padres go for it, incomplete pass…. Folsom takes over at their 28.

Anyone else experiencing no sound on NFHS live streaming of the Serra vs Folsom game?

Nm. Sound working now 10 secs into the 4th quarter.

Folsom has to go on 4th and 10…

Padres penalty gives Folsom life, then a pass gets a first down on the Padres 30.

annnd…. TOUCHDOWN BULLDOGS!

Pass incomplete…. Bulldogs take over.

Dunno why they didn’t get a rep for their placekicker…

Bulldogs get a couple first downs…

and another! Amazing post-catch run by the receiver….

GREAT run for a TD! Kick good.. this thing ain’t over! 21-14, 2:30 left.

Run gains 7…

Run gets a first down. Victory formation…. takes a knee…. Ball game. 21-14 Serra.

Reactions: Sacchiefs
Pretty much how most of us had it going. Low scoring.
Basically the gap is 50 points between north and South again. Maybe that is just the norm?
For Serra not to beat Folsom this year by 4 scores is not good for norcal.

I just watched this game on demand. You guys are right… NorCal is going to get smoked in the Open. Serra dominated the 1st quarter but I would say Folsom outplayed them the rest of the game, for sure the 2nd half.

I retract what I stated earlier. Serra had a chance to blow this game away, up 21-0 after 1Q. Yet, they didn’t. ZERO points for 3 quarters, ZERO! Kudos to Folsom to getting back in the game, just ran out of time. Folsom is still the team to beat in SFL and SJS. It will be interesting still to see how both teams compete against DLS. Although DLS lost big vs Orange Lutheran, they may still be a force in NorCal. Still early to really know until they take the field, just as I was with my initial thoughts on this game.

Even if Serra had won 28-0 they would still get hammered by either MD or Bosco or some other SoCal behemoth in December. NorCal has no chance in the Open finale this year. By the way, the Padres lost several key defenders vs. Folsom, Bey and Loud among them. Unclear how seriously they are hurt.

Reactions: dcpanda
I retract what I stated earlier. Serra had a chance to blow this game away, up 21-0 after 1Q. Yet, they didn’t. ZERO points for 3 quarters, ZERO! Kudos to Folsom to getting back in the game, just ran out of time. Folsom is still the team to beat in SFL and SJS. It will be interesting still to see how both teams compete against DLS. Although DLS lost big vs Orange Lutheran, they may still be a force in NorCal. Still early to really know until they take the field, just as I was with my initial thoughts on this game.
From what I know OLU knew they were going to be loaded this season so they stepped up their schedule big time. They have a lot of transfers and something like 8 D1 guys that are sophs/juniors. They will be battle it out with Santa Margarita for 3rd in the TL.

Serra was super impressive in the 1st qtr and Folsom defense was lights out after that. Neither team was all that impressive.

Discussions about the relative merits of NorCal vs. SoCal prep football aside (and it's not pretty), until there is firm evidence to the contrary, Folsom remains, arguably, the best public school program that NorCal has to offer. Kudos to the Bulldogs and their legions of followers.

Pretty much how most of us had it going. Low scoring.
Basically the gap is 50 points between north and South again. Maybe that is just the norm?
For Serra not to beat Folsom this year by 4 scores is not good for norcal.
I definitely think the 12pm start was a huge advantage for Serra who is used to playing Day games on Saturday…. Not to mention the early bus ride, etc for Folsom…. It’s a totally different routine then playing on Friday night…..

I thought these teams would be pretty evenly matched so I am not suprised by the final score, it looks like it just took Folsom some time to get their legs under them…. Their Defense played good enough to win….

And I agree, we are in Bad shape in Nor Cal as far as the open goes and probly D1AA as well…. We will know more as Serra plays DLS and DLS plays Folsom and DLS plays ST Mary’s…. ST Mary’s probably has the best offense but Gives up tons of points…. Serra has the Best Defense but couldn’t do anything on offense after the 1st quarter….

It is early though so we will see how this all plays out…. Lots of good matchups coming up so it will be a great season no matter what….

Congrats to Serra on the Big Win!…. 🍻

I definitely think the 12pm start was a huge advantage for Serra who is used to playing Day games on Saturday…. Not to mention the early bus ride, etc for Folsom…. It’s a totally different routine then playing on Friday night…..

I thought these teams would be pretty evenly matched so I am not suprised by the final score, it looks like it just took Folsom some time to get their legs under them…. Their Defense played good enough to win….

And I agree, we are in Bad shape in Nor Cal as far as the open goes and probly D1AA as well…. We will know more as Serra plays DLS and DLS plays Folsom and DLS plays ST Mary’s…. ST Mary’s probably has the best offense but Gives up tons of points…. Serra has the Best Defense but couldn’t do anything on offense after the 1st quarter….

It is early though so we will see how this all plays out…. Lots of good matchups coming up so it will be a great season no matter what….

Congrats to Serra on the Big Win!…. 🍻
Folsom came down last night and Steve Young gave. Pre game talk at hotel. They got that LDS connection. 12pm start stinks but in this case not sure if matters. Keep in mind these kids all grew up playing pop Warner and had Plenty of 10am starts.
Every year seems like same story. St marys can score 50 on you but gives up 44. Serra offense is cringe worthy.
And Folsom sort of has a pretty balanced attack.
Oak Ridge isn’t as good as last year FYI. Offensively they will struggle against a good defense. They will be a tough out but grant gave them that game.

Serra's offense is going to take time to develop. They lost all their receivers, from last year and have no dominant running back. They are going to have to win games defensively. Their defense is pretty legit. They had the ball at Folsom's 20-yard line 4 times and didn't score. Do they have a field goal kicker? In the first half Folsom had a hard time moving the ball and Serra got some coverage sacks. Then 3 starters in the secondary all went out in the end of the first half and didn't return for the second half. Folsom was able to move the ball in the second half. Not sure Folsom scores 14 points if those guys don't get hurt.

Folsom came down last night and Steve Young gave. Pre game talk at hotel. They got that LDS connection.
Ah explains why I couldn’t find any bike parking in San Mateo 😂

terrasses-de-la-chaudiere-bike-parking.JPG

Folsom came down last night and Steve Young gave. Pre game talk at hotel. They got that LDS connection. 12pm start stinks but in this case not sure if matters. Keep in mind these kids all grew up playing pop Warner and had Plenty of 10am starts.
Every year seems like same story. St marys can score 50 on you but gives up 44. Serra offense is cringe worthy.
And Folsom sort of has a pretty balanced attack.
Oak Ridge isn’t as good as last year FYI. Offensively they will struggle against a good defense. They will be a tough out but grant gave them that game.
Yes…. The Steve Young Connection is through The Lyons Family…. He is tight with the Dad…. Young was on KNBR last year and talked about it and said he gave a speech at Folsom last year as well….

I was curious about that….. Serra’s Next game is at 2:30 against DLS…..
I understand Folsom's Coaching staff covers both Varsity and JVs. Folsom asked for the Varsity game first. 2pm is the usual afternoon start @ Serra.

Reactions: THEOC89
From what I know OLU knew they were going to be loaded this season so they stepped up their schedule big time. They have a lot of transfers and something like 8 D1 guys that are sophs/juniors. They will be battle it out with Santa Margarita for 3rd in the TL.

Serra was super impressive in the 1st qtr and Folsom defense was lights out after that. Neither team was all that impressive.
OLU is not considered loaded they are fielding a team of underclass men. They were simply better coached and prepared. The good news here is there are teams like this all over Socal that will sit home come bowl season and NorCal folks can chirp about local programs, oblivious about what actually happens down south.

For todays game, I think both teams will come away feeling a little dissatisfied. A number of big potential plays missed especially for the offenses.

Serra has a really good back 7 or 8. They covered really well and could also chase down the short stuff that Folsom usually lives on.

Didn’t think Folsom’s offensive line played well either. Something to watch there.

For Serra, I thought the passing game would look better. Seemed out of sync (Folsom plays a role in this too) for much of the day.

I would agree that both teams were underwhelming for being top 3 NorCals games but that can happen in openers too

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT