ADVERTISEMENT

Fri Night 6pm HD YouTube Stream Semi: Riordan-San Ramon Valley 58th Crusader Classic

Mills played them tough throughout the game - jumped on them early then hung around until the end. I don't know that Riordan took Mills seriously. Next up for Riordan in the Crusader Classic is San Ramon Valley - should be a close game.

any body see how the St Marys vs San Ramon game was?
St. Mary's held a close lead until the closing minutes of the game and SRV took over the lead and held on for the win. It seemed SM's points were all 3's until crunch time. The Panthers missed several FTs that could have put the game away, but instead opened the door for SRV. A closely contested game that pretty much went down to the wire.

Reactions: Gettothepaint
any body see how the St Marys vs San Ramon game was?

It was an interesting match-up clash of styles of St Mary's quickness and depth against SRV's size. SRV is definitely down from recent years (really down). St Mary's was ahead for the majority of the game but their inability to hit any FTs killed them in the fourth quarter. I'm not sure St Mary's made any FTs in the four quarter while SRV didn't miss any that I can recall. That was the ultimately the difference in the game or St Mary's would have won by five+ points. I was rooting for St Mary's since I loved how hard they played, the way their coach handled his players and substituted liberally ensuring that everyone gets significant minutes.

St Mary's comes at you in waves utilizing a full-court zone press with fresh five-man units coming in every 3-4 minutes. SRV struggled against the press the first 2+ quarters then finally figured out that picking up your dribble isn't necessarily a good thing and played with better spacing and passed through the press. SRV has a big who is probably 6'7" or taller who hurt St Mary's a little but Riordan will match up better against him.

The Riordan - SRV semi-final will be an ugly low scoring game - first to 45 points wins!

Riordan has as little presence in the paint this year as any year I can recall. This is where SRV should take advantage. Mission too is paint depleted but so, so, suffocating. Despite missing Player of Year for past two years Harris for up to a month (shoulder/collar bone), they moved ball very well. Should be a very competitive semi on other end.

SRV looked much better against Riordan than they did against St Mary's. It was a tough game to watch as a Riordan fan. SRV killed them on the boards last night and was the more physical team. Only a late flurry of 3's by the Crusaders made the fan score somewhat respectable. I feel for Coach Buck as I don't see m(any) answers with his squad other than hoping that Chun / Sandoval are hitting 3s all night. I hope they give a better all-around effort tonight versus M-A in the third-fourth place game.

I caught the first quarter of the Mission v Menlo-Atherton and walked away impressed by Mission. Those guys really get after it and I think they are missing their best player (Niamey Harris).

SRV looked much better against Riordan than they did against St Mary's. It was a tough game to watch as a Riordan fan. SRV killed them on the boards last night and was the more physical team. Only a late flurry of 3's by the Crusaders made the fan score somewhat respectable. I feel for Coach Buck as I don't see m(any) answers with his squad other than hoping that Chun / Sandoval are hitting 3s all night. I hope they give a better all-around effort tonight versus M-A in the third-fourth place game.

I caught the first quarter of the Mission v Menlo-Atherton and walked away impressed by Mission. Those guys really get after it and I think they are missing their best player (Niamey Harris).

Mission got transfer Tyler Hillman from SH. Tyler and Niamey same team watch out for Misssion

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT