ADVERTISEMENT

FRIDAY/SATURDAY PREDICTIONS for Rounf eight

Bluedog2

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Aug 24, 2007
THE GAME OF THE WEEK
DLS 6-1 at California 6-1......California 27 DLS 24....This game can be won by the Grizzlies, by not giving any breaks to the Spartans....California's line will match up well with DLS and shouldn't let the Spartans push them around...If they can keep the Spartan QB boxed in and give him and the running backs no room to operate, the win will be California's....DLS walked over foothill, but they are still green and San Ramon came within a foot of beating DLS, so it can be done..

BIG GAMES
Concord 5-2 at Campolindo 5-2......Concord 28 Campolindo 21....the minutemen were shut out last week 21-0 by a nasty CVC team, but they kept the Eagles down....We have two veteran QB's facing each other...Both have a fleet of receivers and running backs, but it will be the defense that will win the day and it looks like the minutemen may have the edge...

Vacaville 5-2 at Napa 4-3.....Vacaville 35 Napa 30...The Bulldogs showed just how tough they were against Pittsburg as it took Pittsburg two and a third quarters to break out...Napa is still a little green as this group is not coming around as teams that the iIndians have put on the field in the past...

Oakridge 6-1 at Del Oro 7-1....Oakridge 28 Del Oro 14.....DO could do nothing against Folsom, so now they have to rise to the occasion...They have the tools, but can they stop OR...

GAMES OF INTEREST
Windsor 5-2 at Cardinal Newman 6-1.....Cardinal Newman 48 Windsor 20....CN is led by a one man gang in Jordan Brookshire, the defense of Windsor will have to play the game of there lives to stay with CN...

Salesian 5-2 at John Swett 4-2.....Salesian 21 John Swett 20......The Braves went down last week in the rain...this is a home game for Swett, so we will see what takes place....

Hayward 4-3 at Mt. Eden 4-3......Mt. Eden 25 Hayward 18....The farmers are in first place, but may not be there for long...Mt. Eden will have their hands full and maybe more, but they should pull the win off...

EBAL
DLS 6-1 at California 6-1.....California 27 DLS 24

San Ramon Valley 5-2 at Dougherty Valley 1-6.....SRV 49 DO 0...what can you say, except I wish DO luck..

Livermore 4-3 at Dublin 2-5.....Livermore 26 Dublin 14...this is a big year for the Cowboys, unless the Gaels can come up strong, Livermore will notch win #5..

Foothill 3-4 At Granada 3-4.....Foothill 28 Granada 26......Granada could just turn this score around as they have the ability to do the job, both teams have strong QB's, so we will see what happens.

Amador Valley 3-5 at Monte vista 7-0.....Monte vista 49 Amador Valley 14...this game could be a shut out as the Don's are a better team then what their W/L record shows..

FREE LANCE

dls 6-1 AT California 6-1.....California 27 dls 24

Kennedy of Fremont 7-0 at Logan.....Kennedy 38 Logan 13....The Colts won their first game last week, but face another tough foe...

BVAL

Antioch 4-3 at Deer Valley 1-6.....Antioch 56 Deer Valley 14......the Panthers are on the loose and the wolverines are their next victim.

Heritage 6-1 at Freedom 7-0.....Freedom 49 Heritage 20...the Patriots face another mauling at the hands of Ronnie Rivers and company...This game, sets up the meeting between Freedom and Pittsburg....

Liberty 3-4 at Pittsburg 7-0.....Pittsburg 63 Liberty 21....when we saw the Pirates at the Jamboree, we knew Pittsburg was going to be something special, lots of speed, good size in the line and without Thompson and Turner, the Pirates will roll...

DAL-FOOTHILL
Mt. diablo 1-6 at Alhambra 3-4.....Alhambra 37 Mt. Diablo 28..Last week's loss to Berean Christian,blew any hopes of a playoff spot....The Bulldogs knew what to expect when they faced them at the Pittsburg Jamboree as the passing game just riddled the Bulldogs...Going into that game, Alhambra faced BC without Boyd, their top running back who is lost for the season,..Mt.Diablo will test the Bulldogs pass defense again as it is Alhambra's weakest spot and the Red devils could put the bulldogs on the run...

Berean Christian 5-2 at North Gate 5-2.....BC 44 North Gate 32....Two passing teams face each other and North Gate can't afford another loss,so anything can happen....

College Park 5-2 at Ygnacio Valley 1-6.....College Park 41 Ygnacio 27.....The Falcon's dumped North gate in a surprise victory last week and wasn't expected and are a threat to BC and Alhambra..

DAL-VALLEY

Concord 5-2 at Campolindo 5-2.....Concord 28 Campolindo 21

Acalanes 4-3 at CVC 6-1.....CVC 56 Acalanes 0.....Its going to take a super effort to slow or stop the Eagles...

Miramointe 5-2 at Las Lomas 0-7.....Miramonte 59 Las Lomas 6...rack up another victory for the Mats after the blowout last week against CVC...

THE GAME OF THE WEEK
DLS 6-1 at California 6-1......California 27 DLS 24....This game can be won by the Grizzlies, by not giving any breaks to the Spartans....California's line will match up well with DLS and shouldn't let the Spartans push them around...If they can keep the Spartan QB boxed in and give him and the running backs no room to operate, the win will be California's....DLS walked over foothill, but they are still green and San Ramon came within a foot of beating DLS, so it can be done..

BIG GAMES
Concord 5-2 at Campolindo 5-2......Concord 28 Campolindo 21....the minutemen were shut out last week 21-0 by a nasty CVC team, but they kept the Eagles down....We have two veteran QB's facing each other...Both have a fleet of receivers and running backs, but it will be the defense that will win the day and it looks like the minutemen may have the edge...

Vacaville 5-2 at Napa 4-3.....Vacaville 35 Napa 30...The Bulldogs showed just how tough they were against Pittsburg as it took Pittsburg two and a third quarters to break out...Napa is still a little green as this group is not coming around as teams that the iIndians have put on the field in the past...

Oakridge 6-1 at Del Oro 7-1....Oakridge 28 Del Oro 14.....DO could do nothing against Folsom, so now they have to rise to the occasion...They have the tools, but can they stop OR...

GAMES OF INTEREST
Windsor 5-2 at Cardinal Newman 6-1.....Cardinal Newman 48 Windsor 20....CN is led by a one man gang in Jordan Brookshire, the defense of Windsor will have to play the game of there lives to stay with CN...

Salesian 5-2 at John Swett 4-2.....Salesian 21 John Swett 20......The Braves went down last week in the rain...this is a home game for Swett, so we will see what takes place....

Hayward 4-3 at Mt. Eden 4-3......Mt. Eden 25 Hayward 18....The farmers are in first place, but may not be there for long...Mt. Eden will have their hands full and maybe more, but they should pull the win off...

EBAL
DLS 6-1 at California 6-1.....California 27 DLS 24

San Ramon Valley 5-2 at Dougherty Valley 1-6.....SRV 49 DO 0...what can you say, except I wish DO luck..

Livermore 4-3 at Dublin 2-5.....Livermore 26 Dublin 14...this is a big year for the Cowboys, unless the Gaels can come up strong, Livermore will notch win #5..

Foothill 3-4 At Granada 3-4.....Foothill 28 Granada 26......Granada could just turn this score around as they have the ability to do the job, both teams have strong QB's, so we will see what happens.

Amador Valley 3-5 at Monte vista 7-0.....Monte vista 49 Amador Valley 14...this game could be a shut out as the Don's are a better team then what their W/L record shows..

FREE LANCE

dls 6-1 AT California 6-1.....California 27 dls 24

Kennedy of Fremont 7-0 at Logan.....Kennedy 38 Logan 13....The Colts won their first game last week, but face another tough foe...

BVAL

Antioch 4-3 at Deer Valley 1-6.....Antioch 56 Deer Valley 14......the Panthers are on the loose and the wolverines are their next victim.

Heritage 6-1 at Freedom 7-0.....Freedom 49 Heritage 20...the Patriots face another mauling at the hands of Ronnie Rivers and company...This game, sets up the meeting between Freedom and Pittsburg....

Liberty 3-4 at Pittsburg 7-0.....Pittsburg 63 Liberty 21....when we saw the Pirates at the Jamboree, we knew Pittsburg was going to be something special, lots of speed, good size in the line and without Thompson and Turner, the Pirates will roll...

DAL-FOOTHILL
Mt. diablo 1-6 at Alhambra 3-4.....Alhambra 37 Mt. Diablo 28..Last week's loss to Berean Christian,blew any hopes of a playoff spot....The Bulldogs knew what to expect when they faced them at the Pittsburg Jamboree as the passing game just riddled the Bulldogs...Going into that game, Alhambra faced BC without Boyd, their top running back who is lost for the season,..Mt.Diablo will test the Bulldogs pass defense again as it is Alhambra's weakest spot and the Red devils could put the bulldogs on the run...

Berean Christian 5-2 at North Gate 5-2.....BC 44 North Gate 32....Two passing teams face each other and North Gate can't afford another loss,so anything can happen....

College Park 5-2 at Ygnacio Valley 1-6.....College Park 41 Ygnacio 27.....The Falcon's dumped North gate in a surprise victory last week and wasn't expected and are a threat to BC and Alhambra..

DAL-VALLEY

Concord 5-2 at Campolindo 5-2.....Concord 28 Campolindo 21

Acalanes 4-3 at CVC 6-1.....CVC 56 Acalanes 0.....Its going to take a super effort to slow or stop the Eagles...

Miramointe 5-2 at Las Lomas 0-7.....Miramonte 59 Las Lomas 6...rack up another victory for the Mats after the blowout last week against CVC...
What kid of injury does Montaz Thompson of Pitt have? I heard he sat out last weeks game as well

I plan on being at DO vs OR. I also think OR gets them but I think it will be like 24-21 type game. Should be a dog fight for these 2 very good teams.
Newman is going to roll Windsor. 49-14. Brookshire will continue his quest for POY.
I like the California HS call over DLS. I have MV beating them but CAL HIGH is certainly capable.

Bold prediction on Cal and De La Salle. I think that score will be reversed though. I don't think Cal has the passing game good enough to beat them.

Hopefully Montaz Thompson comes back for the Freedom game. Looking for to him and Rivers going head to head!

Bold prediction on Cal and De La Salle. I think that score will be reversed though. I don't think Cal has the passing game good enough to beat them.

Hopefully Montaz Thompson comes back for the Freedom game. Looking for to him and Rivers going head to head!
Paloma....This game should be real wild, I don't think defense will play much part inthis game as both teams are super strong.....

What kid of injury does Montaz Thompson of Pitt have? I heard he sat out last weeks game as well
REMC......He got what looked like a angle injury in the Vacaville game, he's been nursing it and the coaches have been watching him real close, he may be ready for the Freedom game..

I'll be hoping but I'm not sure Cal High is good enough up front to beat the Green Machine. Some really good athletes playing for the Grizzlies this year.

Reactions: observer22
REMC......He got what looked like a angle injury in the Vacaville game, he's been nursing it and the coaches have been watching him real close, he may be ready for the Freedom game..
Ok, thanks for the info

Ok, thanks for the info
This coming Friday and Sat. looks to be dry...This has been a strange year, we have had only one day of rain so far, and with the playoff's coming up, maybe mother nature will grant us some dry weather, nothing worse then sitting in pouring down rain as well as slippery fields...

This coming Friday and Sat. looks to be dry...This has been a strange year, we have had only one day of rain so far, and with the playoff's coming up, maybe mother nature will grant us some dry weather, nothing worse then sitting in pouring down rain as well as slippery fields...

........uhh, beg to differ.
Nothing worse then sitting in pouring down rain except.............when you convince your wife to go along, as I did in the 2012 NCS Div 1 playoff game between DLS & Logan in Dublin. Rain, wind and a shared umbrella so small that wouldn't have even kept Herve Villechaize dry.

Afterwards the payback was spending several weekends walking zombie-like on shopping forays thru some of the Bay Areas most mindless shopping outlets.

........uhh, beg to differ.
Nothing worse then sitting in pouring down rain except.............when you convince your wife to go along, as I did in the 2012 NCS Div 1 playoff game between DLS & Logan in Dublin. Rain, wind and a shared umbrella so small that wouldn't have even kept Herve Villechaize dry.

Afterwards the payback was spending several weekends walking zombie-like on shopping forays thru some of the Bay Areas most mindless shopping outlets.
Been there done that Concrete!!! LOL. I convinced my wife a weekend of Christmas shopping a couple years back in exchange for a weekend in the Bay watching some high school football. I have to admit the football was worth the mall trips. We stopped at every mall on the 680 corridor and had a couple awesome lunch and dinner dates that weekend. We both won!!!!

Reactions: concrete17
For the one SFL game you mention, its the best matchup of all the SFL teams playing. also plan on seeing this one. Will not be that low scoring, both offenses can put up points. DO needs to contain the OR QB, same with OR's defense containing DO QB and run game.

For the one SFL game you mention, its the best matchup of all the SFL teams playing. also plan on seeing this one. Will not be that low scoring, both offenses can put up points. DO needs to contain the OR QB, same with OR's defense containing DO QB and run game.
RunningRon and Larry...You guys are going to see a hairy battle, and the score that I picked will most likely be way off....I don't think either of you will be disappointed...

Reactions: RunningRon
RunningRon and Larry...You guys are going to see a hairy battle, and the score that I picked will most likely be way off....I don't think either of you will be disappointed...
Also.....How many of you guys are gong to the DLS/Californa game???? We may or maybe not see a upset here, in any case, it shouldbe down to the wire like the San Ramon game, but I think the Grizzlies can pull it off....

Also.....How many of you guys are gong to the DLS/Californa game???? We may or maybe not see a upset here, in any case, it shouldbe down to the wire like the San Ramon game, but I think the Grizzlies can pull it off....

Am trying to go. Have a concrete pour on the far side of SF, think close to the Farallons. If we get done soon enough, will boost my frequent driver miles by rocketing down the 680 to San Ramoan.

I am leaning towards Paloma's prediction of 27-24 Spartans.

I'm planning on being there. I'm thinking DLS by 2 TDs, but will be pulling for the upset.

This is Cal's first opportunity to face the Green Machine prior to week 10 in 35 years.

Last edited:
I'm actually going to the Cal/Oregon game tonight so I will be looking forward to all of the score updates.

O22- I might catch you 4Q- in my college (not AV!) purple.

It's not going to rain which bodes well for the Grizz. Cals coach's son chucker ( a Jr. btw) is on trajectory to eclipse the '11 QB rating record holder (whose only bad game was vs. dLS in the rain), so no ball warmer needed tonight; did that travel to STA?
Sparta has no passing game, so rain or shine, that's a wash.
In their last five meetings, it's 294-34, four of those six being woeful drubbings of 47-0, 56-0, 42-0, and 55-0.

This is the year the window is open. SRV going for the win with a 2 PAT? Sanchez almost got them in the '07 and '10 league games, and the dLS grad at the helm at Cal having DC credentials one would think he's figured out how to defend the veer.

Will be interesting to see how Cal plays -- SRV's success must be giving them confidence.

The last 6 times Cal has played DLS they were defeated before they got off the bus... much like Livermore High.

From 2008 to 2012 Cal came to play and gave DLS a handful. I'm not sure what has happened in the last 3 years (6 games), where DLS has clobbered them in both the regular season and then again at NCS each year.

Cal apparently has a good team this year, having only lost on a last second FG to Monte Vista thus far.
They face Sparty at home tonight at Ernie Berger where they have traditionally played them close:

2012: DLS 27-14.
2010: DLS 31-17, Onside kick overturned after Cal score to make it 23-17 late in 4th qtr.
2008: DLS 21-14, Tied late in 4th qtr.

i saw what happened, they walked off the bus with an L on their forehead. They had zero confidence they could win.

And to think there were a half dozen people on here predicting a Cal victory over De La Salle. This game was over as soon after the 2nd half started. The big difference between the two school, besides a handful of talented players on the De La Salle team and very few talented players on the Cal team, it was the coaching. De La Salle made the proper adjustments at halftime and Cal stayed exactly the same, under utilizing there two best stars in Gomez & Leathley while giving up huge chucks of yardage on the ground to the Spartans. 31-9 and gave up a late TD to Gomez that made the final score. This is by no means one of De La Salle's strongest teams and I have seen them play for the great numbers of years but what they do have that most teams don't have is one heck of a coaching staff. Cal high's had high hopes with what some people say is there best team in years but with two above average stars and not much after that, the Grizzlies are still stuck with one of the most overrated, predictable & arrogant coaches we have in our game today. I think it's time to turn the page on Billeci and move on Grizzlies fans cause I don't think it's going to get much better if you stay the course.

Explain what arrogant means? You come on here and belittle a coach you probably know nothing about. That's why these forums are pointless for any useful information because people use these forums as their platforms. If your going to come on here and bash people out your name on it or what your so upset about.

Bball622 & RunningRon, not sure if you follow high school sports in the East Bay or heard that coach Billeci was suspended early this year after the Foothill game for his arrogant and childish actions/behavior. I was at both games and he started & was leading a chant towards the Foothill QB, who's older brother use to QB at Cal and the current Foothill QB transferred after his freshmen year at Cal and having his players follow his actions is childish and arrogant, especially with the Athletic Director and administrators close by. He was suspended for 1 game and lucky is wasn't for longer.

Doesn't answer the question who you are? Tell us who you are and we can leave it at that and stop using this forum as your platform. Do you know anything about him or just what you see?

And I'm not sure who the half a dozen people were who predicted a Cal victory, or who said this was the best Cal team in years? There may have been 1 or 2, but I think those were DLS backers. It was clearly not Cal's best team in years. They have owned MV in this decade and lost to them this year. Some people thought they would give DLS a game, and they did for a half. I felt DLS would win by 2 TDs and they won by 3. Was there anyone in the Pick'em who didn't have DLS? And most had them in the top 2 or 3 spots. It's not like this was some kind of upset. I'm not defending coach B on the halftime adjustments, but there is a reason DLS hasn't lost to an NCS team since 1991. Leathley getting hurt in the 3rd quarter and leaving the game didn't help matters.

Observer, I agree with you, different year, same result & if things are always coach, I will go with the better coaching staff that puts his players in the best position to succeed.
It was Bluedog (btw, was spot on with a few of his other predictions)
Larrylegend, who is usually right on with most of his.
The most were duplicates from the same above, so you are right, 2-3.

Bball622, this is not my opinion but rather one of the Cal High School's New Paper.
Here's the link to the article: http://www.thecalifornianpaper.com/2016/09/billecis-actions-were-out-of-line/

I will share with you a few key points but there is plenty more in the article from the editor of the school newspaper, see below.

Billeci’s actions were out of line: Brendan Ogburn, Sports Editor September 29, 2016

There were multiple controversial moments and displays of bad sportsmanship throughout the game, but one stood out amongst all others.

Late in the fourth quarter, Billeci led his team in a series of taunting chants directed at Foothill junior quarterback and former Cal player Ben Wooldridge, who was in the huddle just several feet away from the Grizzly sidelines.

On back-to-back plays, Billeci chanted the phrase, “Just like Jacob,” several times in a heckling manner, clearly referencing Wooldridge’s older brother, Jacob, a 2015 Cal High alumnus who played starting quarterback for the Grizzlies his senior season.

The entire Cal sideline joined in the chant once Billeci began it. In the moment, no disciplinary actions were taken by the referees and the game continued.

There’s no doubt that Billeci’s conduct on the sidelines was utterly unacceptable, considering he is the leader of a group of young high school boys who are still just growing up.

Billeci’s failure to exhibit good sportsmanship is quite disappointing to say the least, especially for a program that’s had so much success since he took over in 2009. The fact that he had to trash talk one of his former players when the game was pretty much decided is even more distasteful.

When does a high school coach ever feel the need to stoop to the level of a 17-year-old kid? When is heckling an opposing player ever an appropriate course of action for a head coach?

Billeci’s actions were downright immature in every way and should not be tolerated under any circumstances. Nonetheless, the most important lesson moving forward is that he learns from this mistake and truly understands the importance of his position as a role model for all of these young men that he influences on a daily basis.

Bball622, this is not my opinion but rather one of the Cal High School's New Paper.
Here's the link to the article: http://www.thecalifornianpaper.com/2016/09/billecis-actions-were-out-of-line/

I will share with you a few key points but there is plenty more in the article from the editor of the school newspaper, see below.

Billeci’s actions were out of line: Brendan Ogburn, Sports Editor September 29, 2016

There were multiple controversial moments and displays of bad sportsmanship throughout the game, but one stood out amongst all others.

Late in the fourth quarter, Billeci led his team in a series of taunting chants directed at Foothill junior quarterback and former Cal player Ben Wooldridge, who was in the huddle just several feet away from the Grizzly sidelines.

On back-to-back plays, Billeci chanted the phrase, “Just like Jacob,” several times in a heckling manner, clearly referencing Wooldridge’s older brother, Jacob, a 2015 Cal High alumnus who played starting quarterback for the Grizzlies his senior season.

The entire Cal sideline joined in the chant once Billeci began it. In the moment, no disciplinary actions were taken by the referees and the game continued.

There’s no doubt that Billeci’s conduct on the sidelines was utterly unacceptable, considering he is the leader of a group of young high school boys who are still just growing up.

Billeci’s failure to exhibit good sportsmanship is quite disappointing to say the least, especially for a program that’s had so much success since he took over in 2009. The fact that he had to trash talk one of his former players when the game was pretty much decided is even more distasteful.

When does a high school coach ever feel the need to stoop to the level of a 17-year-old kid? When is heckling an opposing player ever an appropriate course of action for a head coach?

Billeci’s actions were downright immature in every way and should not be tolerated under any circumstances. Nonetheless, the most important lesson moving forward is that he learns from this mistake and truly understands the importance of his position as a role model for all of these young men that he influences on a daily basis.

Think about the kids, think about the reputation of football, your team, your school school, and then yourself. It should never get that far. Too many people standing around and not doing something about it... officials, administrators, coaches etc...

MJ, well said!
I agree!

You have no facts or details so stop making assumptions. This forum is for useful info not berating a coach you guys have no facts about. Did you talk to the coach? What's your guys names so we know exactly who you are and your relationship with the program. You guys are keyboard divas that won't say who you are.

Bba- be careful what you wish for. Your last go around on NCP it became clear whom your employer is. Does he approve of your "contributions?" Are/were we asking you YOUR name then and now? We don't need nor want it. It's the anonymous sharing of mature , I'll repeat - mature- thoughts which lure us; well, some of us.
"All he does is win," is what you said to us, as if that is the pinnacle parents want for their kids. MJ has got it right. You guys need to reflect on that, instead of calling out a HS journalist. Kool-Aid gets bitter sitting around. Ask some of your predecessors.

Therein lies the point. We ALL want high school sports to be a positive impact on the community; that includes coaches. The HS journalist wanted a simple discussion. A point in time when an adult could make amends, convey some humility, and present the perception of righting a wrong when given the ultimate audience; not any journalist or parent. The school newspaper kid! Instead he got, "No comment. We are moving on."
Just like Bball622. "Haha.OK."

What the community wants is something more from its leaders. Saying it's "locker room talk" is deflecting.
Try this. "I'm posting this in response to the (school) journalist who wanted comment on my actions during the ( ) game. Firstly, let me apologize to (that) QB. What I did was in poor taste and not reflective of the respect players deserve and earned volunteering, especially QBs-as they have immense responsibilities to their teammates, coaches, and the whole school- to play the sport I am so passionate about. Secondly, let me say I am sorry to my players. They look to me to be the most respected of leaders. I did not exemplify that. I've expressed my regret to the Administration of my actions. I have assured them it will NEVER happen again and have signed an agreement that should it happen a second time, my resignation will be immediate. Lastly, I ask for forgiveness from both schools parents. I am expected to hold myself to higher standards, and I let you down. You have granted me a most delicate of tasks; to mold, support and protect the physical and psychological well-being of your most valuable asset. I was careless. Moving forward, I will still try to win games, but not at all costs to you or your kids."

Or just be another Donald, which is SOP.

No whistle to show this around. 6:00 comes soon enough. Now, back to the OP...GATA.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT