ADVERTISEMENT

Galli Debunks Murphy

Good for Galli though honestly this should surprise nobody. Galli strikes me as a man's man and a no-bullshit individual. You don't hear of very much turmoil coming from within that program. They're very good year in and year out, play top schools and beat their fair share of them. Everybody brings up De La Salle but don't forget they played Centennial in SoCal this year and played Poly a few years back. Let's not discredit the fact that they've beaten Serra two years in a row now and put a beat down on Mitty last year. The man runs one hell of a program both from a football and a discipline standpoint and that speaks volumes of him as a man. All he did here was take Murphy's argument away before before Murphy could stir up some shit to undercut everything Pitt Football stands for. Galli is right, you don't run and hide from CVC and then go schedule Corona-Centennial in Corona as if CVC were even in the same breath as Centennial. He's turned the tables on Murphy for next season's Non-League Schedule and at the same time made it clear to Murphy that he is perfectly fine settling this in the parking lot otherwise.

Coach Galli, I applaud that shit!

Reactions: Paloma
Right move for sure. Facing a gimmick offense with no prep time would not have been fair to his team.

Reactions: Paloma
I don't see anything wrong with what Murphy said, assuming it was true and that he did call both Freedom and Pitt about a game. It's not like he called them out for not wanting to play them on short notice. If anything, he was trying to step up in offering to play 2 quality teams prior to settling for Stellar Prep. Lefkow probably asked him why he was playing such a weak team and he responded. And Galli was justified in his turning down the offer. Not a big deal.

"After the game, Murphy told the Bay Area News Group’s Mike Lefkow that he first called Freedom and Pittsburg to see if either would play the Ugly Eagles on short notice."

Reactions: UglyEagle
I don't see anything wrong with what Murphy said, assuming it was true and that he did call both Freedom and Pitt about a game. It's not like he called them out for not wanting to play them on short notice. If anything, he was trying to step up in offering to play 2 quality teams prior to settling for Stellar Prep. Lefkow probably asked him why he was playing such a weak team and he responded. And Galli was justified in his turning down the offer. Not a big deal.

"After the game, Murphy told the Bay Area News Group’s Mike Lefkow that he first called Freedom and Pittsburg to see if either would play the Ugly Eagles on short notice."
I highly doubt those were the only two schools he called. Why bring up those two schools? More than likely because he wanted to name drop. Pretty transparent in my opinion. But hey, maybe I’m wrong. Maybe he did only call Freedom, Pittsburg, and struck gold with his third call which was Stellar Prep. This is the same program that took to Twitter to accuse De La Salle of ducking them.

And assuming if it was true? Murphy told the reporter after the game that he called Freedom and Pittsburg. It is true according to Murphy. Let’s not pretend he didn’t mention those teams because A.) that’s who is in front of him for the NCS Open B.) Murphy is a recruiter and is saving face for recruits on his roster and on his big board.

Of course I’m being presumptuous, but I am certainly not the only one that has shared such opinions. Just let the damn thing play out Murph! Good grief! I wouldn’t be surprised if Freedom loses to Liberty or Heritage. Or even if they asked out of the Open so they don’t have to be the 4 seed that plays De La Salle.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ca. Football rules
Only get so many games a year & they have had 2 canceled. Why not?
Pitt has the numbers & the players to compete with anyone in the state.

Good for Galli though honestly this should surprise nobody. Galli strikes me as a man's man and a no-bullshit individual. You don't hear of very much turmoil coming from within that program. They're very good year in and year out, play top schools and beat their fair share of them. Everybody brings up De La Salle but don't forget they played Centennial in SoCal this year and played Poly a few years back. Let's not discredit the fact that they've beaten Serra two years in a row now and put a beat down on Mitty last year. The man runs one hell of a program both from a football and a discipline standpoint and that speaks volumes of him as a man. All he did here was take Murphy's argument away before before Murphy could stir up some shit to undercut everything Pitt Football stands for. Galli is right, you don't run and hide from CVC and then go schedule Corona-Centennial in Corona as if CVC were even in the same breath as Centennial. He's turned the tables on Murphy for next season's Non-League Schedule and at the same time made it clear to Murphy that he is perfectly fine settling this in the parking lot otherwise.

Coach Galli, I applaud that shit!
“If he wants some in a regular season we’re good”. Damn, almost have to schedule this matchup now for next season.

I highly doubt those were the only two schools he called. Why bring up those two schools? More than likely because he wanted to name drop. Pretty transparent in my opinion. But hey, maybe I’m wrong. Maybe he did only call Freedom, Pittsburg, and struck gold with his third call which was Stellar Prep. This is the same program that took to Twitter to accuse De La Salle of ducking them.

And assuming if it was true? Murphy told the reporter after the game that he called Freedom and Pittsburg. It is true according to Murphy. Let’s not pretend he didn’t mention those teams because A.) that’s who is in front of him for the NCS Open B.) Murphy is a recruiter and is saving face for recruits on his roster and on his big board.

Of course I’m being presumptuous, but I am certainly not the only one that has shared such opinions. Just let the damn thing play out Murph! Good grief! I wouldn’t be surprised if Freedom loses to Liberty or Heritage. Or even if they asked out of the Open so they don’t have to be the 4 seed that plays De La Salle.
Murphy has some ca-hones! I like it!

I think Murphy is a great coach personally. Runs a tight ship there and pours his heart out for those kids. I admire the man and the CVC program.

I think Murphy is a great coach personally. Runs a tight ship there and pours his heart out for those kids. I admire the man and the CVC program.
Agree, he has built a nice program there at CVC and deserves respect and credit for that. Actually, Pitt vs CVC and Freedom vs CVC are games that should be scheduled. Not only great matchups but helpful for playoff seeding. CVC is capable of beating any NCS D1 they might face, even if they wouldn’t be the favorite going into said game.

Agree, he has built a nice program there at CVC and deserves respect and credit for that. Actually, Pitt vs CVC and Freedom vs CVC are games that should be scheduled. Not only great matchups but helpful for playoff seeding. CVC is capable of beating any NCS D1 they might face, even if they wouldn’t be the favorite going into said game.
With one obvious exception ,99% of the time

Did you read the article? Galli says he tried to schedule them but Murphy declined.

I don’t think anybody would deny that Murphy knows how to build winning football programs. But there’s more to football than winning. Being a role model for your kids is something I don’t think he grasps. Be humble in victory and show class in defeat.

Last years game against Campo when coach Macy pulled his team off the field was all I needed to see. I’ve had the privledge to coach against Campo a few times that coaching staff is the epitome of class. If Macy has an issue with your coaching style then you can bet, there’s a problem.

Murphy was on the sideline jumping around and acting like a 12 year old yet taking no responsibility for his actions behavior. And Macy was one of his old coaches to boot. If you haven’t watched that game I encourage you to do so. You might change your mind.

I know there’s plenty of other examples of him trying to fight other coaches/ players on the field (De La Salle).

If you wanted a coach to win an all star game he’d be right up there but someone to coach my kids.. not a chance.

Murphy is a good dude. His passion for the game is unprecedented. People don't like him because he wins his way. He may not always look the best or do the exact best thing, but his intentions are always great.

He has built that program from the ground up. Made programs like Marin Catholic a thing of the past. I'm darn proud of Murphy!
What does it mean “he wins his way”?

You mean he wins with no class and pisses everyone off? Why is that something to be admired? Plenty of coaches win every week the right way. He chooses not too.

Made programs like MC a thing of the past? That’s the most ridiculous comment of the week.

[QUOTE="
Last years game against Campo when coach Macy pulled his team off the field was all I needed to see. I’ve had the privledge to coach against Campo a few times that coaching staff is the epitome of class. If Macy has an issue with your coaching style then you can bet, there’s a problem.

Murphy was on the sideline jumping around and acting like a 12 year old yet taking no responsibility for his actions behavior. And Macy was one of his old coaches to boot. If you haven’t watched that game I encourage you to do so. You might change your mind.

I know there’s plenty of other examples of him trying to fight other e.[/QUOTE]

What does it mean “he wins his way”?

You mean he wins with no class and pisses everyone off? Why is that something to be admired? Plenty of coaches win every week the right way. He chooses not too.

Made programs like MC a thing of the past? That’s the most ridiculous comment of the week.
Not to mention the weak Sonoma County teams that couldn't compete with Murphy's Ugly Eagles in a million years. those teams up there are like jv d5 teams compared to what murphy is built. You sound like another jealous dude using 5 names to troll. Go Eagles!

I respectfully disagree with the comments about the Campo game. Campo refused to play defense st the end of the game. They quit. Macy claims murphy rolled out his starting offense and it was for player safety. Watch the game please. We had several back ups playing several positions, including QB. Meanwhile the series prior Macy left his starting offense in while his QB was getting killed every play just because he wanted to score. If it was truly about safety and the game was already a blowout, why subject your QB to that? Murphy is a polarizing figure, no doubt. But he does demonstrate passion and is a great role model for these kids. If you listen to his talks with his players, one thing he consistently talks preaches is about being a better person in life.

Reactions: IndiansPride
I respectfully disagree with the comments about the Campo game. Campo refused to play defense st the end of the game. They quit. Macy claims murphy rolled out his starting offense and it was for player safety. Watch the game please. We had several back ups playing several positions, including QB. Meanwhile the series prior Macy left his starting offense in while his QB was getting killed every play just because he wanted to score. If it was truly about safety and the game was already a blowout, why subject your QB to that? Murphy is a polarizing figure, no doubt. But he does demonstrate passion and is a great role model for these kids. If you listen to his talks with his players, one thing he consistently talks preaches is about being a better person in life.
I watched the game and all I could do was shake my head at how Murphy reacted.

There’s no doubt the guy has passion and I think it’s awesome he preaches well rounded ness to his kids, but I think a lot of that gets lost if you’re not leading by example yourself.

He put his starters back in to run up the score. He's even quoted saying it..... They had no business being in the open last year. The only reason they don't get blown out by DLS every year is because their offense takes up like 75% of possession time.

He did not put his starters back in. What game did you watch? Anyhow, this is about Murphy being asked why he scheduled Stellar Prep and he answered truthfully by telling the reporter he called Pitt and Freedom but they declined and Stellar Prep didn't. Galli got butt hurt about that and fired off in the media. Bottom line, murphy proved he was willing to play anybody, anywhere at anytime with or without prep time and Galli won't.

The only reason they don't get blown out by DLS every year is because their offense takes up like 75% of possession time.

That’s a pretty solid reason, especially against a ball control team like Sparty. There are plenty of teams that would love to have competitive games with DLS.

I watched the game and all I could do was shake my head at how Murphy reacted.

There’s no doubt the guy has passion and I think it’s awesome he preaches well rounded ness to his kids, but I think a lot of that gets lost if you’re not leading by example yourself.
Kind of funny you calling people out on the football field, yet internet stalk people on a high school football site from sonoma county.

Would be a great match up if these 2 teams lock horns next season. 2 great programs and would be great for the NCS. I have no desire to get on social media platforms and put down other coaches and programs, like a lot of the trolls on here do, but felt compelled to defend our coach. If my previous comments come across as such, then I apologize.

He did not put his starters back in. What game did you watch? Anyhow, this is about Murphy being asked why he scheduled Stellar Prep and he answered truthfully by telling the reporter he called Pitt and Freedom but they declined and Stellar Prep didn't. Galli got butt hurt about that and fired off in the media. Bottom line, murphy proved he was willing to play anybody, anywhere at anytime with or without prep time and Galli won't.
If CVC is a game out and on the outside looking in to the playoffs then OF COURSE he would call trying to get a game.. what coach wouldn’t in the same situation? I’m sorry, I just don’t see how that situation proves anything.

If CVC is a game out and on the outside looking in to the playoffs then OF COURSE he would call trying to get a game.. what coach wouldn’t in the same situation? I’m sorry, I just don’t see how that situation proves anything.
Why are you concerned with CVC from Sonoma County? Shouldnt u be focused on your friends who lost thier homes?

Yep. He tried. Can't fault him for that. He does want a ticket to the dance. That's what our program is about now. Winning the D1 bracket as a consolation prize is not what our program is about.

Last edited:
Reactions: AgapBltz
Did you read the article? Galli says he tried to schedule them but Murphy declined.

I don’t see that quote. I’m reading the print version. The quotes I see are:
“But when we have time to prepare for you, you don’t want none of us.”
“If he wants some in a normal season, we’re good.”
That’s a lot different than Galli saying he tried to schedule them and Murphy declining. It kind of hints at that, but nothing concrete. Hopefully Murphy will take him up on that offer.

I’d love to see CVC and Pitt play on a regular basis. Better yet, move CVC to the BVAL. They are a much better fit there.

Last edited:
Reactions: remc
Yes I read the article,I said it’s a matchup that SHOULD be scheduled. Murphy declining to schedule them is another issue

See absolutely nothing wrong from either side. Murph tried to get a game with the two teams that with a victory can put him in the open, and certainly Pitt is in the driver seat and gets no benefit out of playing Clayton. Hopefully they make it happen next year, because that will be a great game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT