ADVERTISEMENT

Gilroy Football Players Under Investigation

carmelkyd

Superstar
Apr 23, 2009
From Bay Area NBC News: (And how about the quote in the article from K. Njinimba???)

Police in Gilroy are looking into allegations of sexual assault after a Gilroy High School football player reported he was attacked last week by several teammates in the locker room, according to the police department.

The school district will only say it has taken appropriate disciplinary action against the players involved. But now, it’s in the hands of police.

The Gilroy High Mustangs played Salinas’s Alvarez High School on Friday without as many as five players who police say are under investigation for the alleged assault.

"On the surface, it appears it was reported as a sexual assault," police Capt. Joseph Deras said. "We need to drill down and find out what exactly happened. Nature and the intent behind the action. Certainly it was unwanted."

The alleged sexual assault happened last week after practice in the locker room. No one will confirm exactly what took place, but it upset the player so badly, he notified the school administration. Administrators called police.

"Once we get those facts, we determine what if any charges are appropriate, we will potentially cite them for the conduct and let the DA’s office take its course," Deras said.

Students said Monday it’s been the talk on campus all day, with everyone forming different opinions.

"I feel like the person should be kicked off the team," student Khsighia Njinimba said. "But the others shouldn’t. It's terrible for something they didn’t do. But he should be kicked off the team."

Many parents were just finding out about it Monday.

The Gilroy Unified School District said it is "committed to ensuring a safe and welcoming environment for all its students." The district took disciplinary action against the students involved but would not say if the students have been suspended

From Bay Area NBC News: (And how about the quote in the article from K. Njinimba???)

Police in Gilroy are looking into allegations of sexual assault after a Gilroy High School football player reported he was attacked last week by several teammates in the locker room, according to the police department.

The school district will only say it has taken appropriate disciplinary action against the players involved. But now, it’s in the hands of police.

The Gilroy High Mustangs played Salinas’s Alvarez High School on Friday without as many as five players who police say are under investigation for the alleged assault.

"On the surface, it appears it was reported as a sexual assault," police Capt. Joseph Deras said. "We need to drill down and find out what exactly happened. Nature and the intent behind the action. Certainly it was unwanted."

The alleged sexual assault happened last week after practice in the locker room. No one will confirm exactly what took place, but it upset the player so badly, he notified the school administration. Administrators called police.

"Once we get those facts, we determine what if any charges are appropriate, we will potentially cite them for the conduct and let the DA’s office take its course," Deras said.

Students said Monday it’s been the talk on campus all day, with everyone forming different opinions.

"I feel like the person should be kicked off the team," student Khsighia Njinimba said. "But the others shouldn’t. It's terrible for something they didn’t do. But he should be kicked off the team."

Many parents were just finding out about it Monday.

The Gilroy Unified School District said it is "committed to ensuring a safe and welcoming environment for all its students." The district took disciplinary action against the students involved but would not say if the students have been suspended
Sexual Assault is nothing to joke around about. The days of testicles on your forehead, pound the pecker, beatings with towels and urination nation are long gone. This article seems like some type of rape whether it be sodomy, digital or oral. Hopefully the kid who was assaulted feels safe from this point on. I hope the guilty parties are prosecuted to the fullest extent. What type of program is going on here, who sexually assaults teammates? 5 suspended? If 5 players were taking turns sexually assaulting their teammates they should be castrated!

Sexual Assault is nothing to joke around about. The days of testicles on your forehead, pound the pecker, beatings with towels and urination nation are long gone. This article seems like some type of rape whether it be sodomy, digital or oral. Hopefully the kid who was assaulted feels safe from this point on. I hope the guilty parties are prosecuted to the fullest extent. What type of program is going on here, who sexually assaults teammates? 5 suspended? If 5 players were taking turns sexually assaulting their teammates they should be castrated!

“Testicles on forehead” “pound the pecker” etc.....where exactly did you go to school? And my god what exactly happened to you there?

“Testicles on forehead” “pound the pecker” etc.....where exactly did you go to school? And my god what exactly happened to you there?
Back in the 80’s it was called hazing which was a way of life, pretty sure we all went through it. Earning our Titan Stripes we had to endure an upperclassmen flopping his testicles on your forehead. Filling up a trash can with piss and dunking a player in was Urination Titan Nation. Unless I lived in a bubble, these things occurred everywhere. The Gilroy thing is a disaster. Coaching staff should be removed and left with inmates for some time.

Back in the 80’s it was called hazing which was a way of life, pretty sure we all went through it. Earning our Titan Stripes we had to endure an upperclassmen flopping his testicles on your forehead. Filling up a trash can with piss and dunking a player in was Urination Titan Nation. Unless I lived in a bubble, these things occurred everywhere. The Gilroy thing is a disaster. Coaching staff should be removed and left with inmates for some time.

Um I Graduated in the 80’s and none of this was going on at my school or any school I knew about. Sure there was hazing like kid in a trash can or stuffed in a locker etc. This balls on the head, pecker slapping, trash can piss deal is disturbing and not normal. And I maybe alone here but it’s equally disturbing with what we are hearing from Gilroy.

Um I Graduated in the 80’s and none of this was going on at my school or any school I knew about. Sure there was hazing like kid in a trash can or stuffed in a locker etc. This balls on the head, pecker slapping, trash can piss deal is disturbing and not normal. And I maybe alone here but it’s equally disturbing with what we are hearing from Gilroy.
Must have been a West Coast thang.

Same here for the 80’s. Absolutely nothing wrong with some good old hazing like you experienced and described above with the trash can and lockers. That’s all good, right if passage.

The other stuff can’t recall locally. I did hear about the tea bagging going on in other places as far back as the 80’s. The dick slapping and the golden baths, never heard of that before though. Over the line with that stuff.

Same here for the 80’s. Absolutely nothing wrong with some good old hazing like you experienced and described above with the trash can and lockers. That’s all good, right if passage.

The other stuff can’t recall locally. I did hear about the tea bagging going on in other places as far back as the 80’s. The dick slapping and the golden baths, never heard of that before though. Over the line with that stuff.
The right of passage should be whether or not a player exhibits character on and off the field. Not their willingness to tolerate hazing. The culture of the locker room should mirror how we want/expect young men to treat others once they enter the workforce and family life.

No wonder going to a Raider (and even a 49er) games nowadays is lowest rung on totem pole.

Didnt Cal-Hi Sports Focus just do a nice piece on Gilroy football team leadership? Oh, well.

Hazing was still around in the late 90's early 2000's.

However, it was never a scrotum to the forehead, pecker slap across the face, earhole penetration or any of that other weird shit you guys are talking about. That's called sexual assault and even 30 years ago, it was a punishable offense.

We literally had a day where all the seniors, juniors and sophomore would lock the doors and kick the shit out of the freshmen. Nobody ever got punched in the face but you would get put up to a locker, dipped to the floor and take a few straights to the shoulders. It was more of an initiation than anything but the whole purpose to figure out which guys were going to crumble and which guys were going to get up and fight back.

What does a pecker across the face prove?

Not a Bay Area thing as something very similar to what I suspect happened at Gilroy happened in SoCal about 15 years ago. Incidentally, the Monterey Peninsula Herald and San Jose Mercury did some nice original reporting on Gilroy, as opposed to just rewriting the script.

Reactions: FormerD1Backer
So beating the hell out of your teammates was okay. What a bunch of assholes you were and probably still are.

Hey man, if you prefer a cock across your front cheek or a scrotum on your forehead, I'm not going to try and convince you that a little tussling is a better option for you.

Reactions: THEOC89
I recall some light hearted hijinks in the early 90s but not any mentality unstable stuff. Maybe a fight at practice, some unsafe drills, verbal joust but to assault your own teammate would have been out of bounds even back in the day. Sad story...

I was thinking same thing definitely not a “west coast” thing.

I played football in So Cal (Orange County) in the 80’s and there was certainly no “Tea Bagging” or “Piss Parties”....

The worst I saw was if you left your locker unlocked all your gear ended up in the shower and I saw 1 Dude get stuffed in a Trash Can...

But he was a complete A-Hole and totally deserved it... :)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT