Bailey ... Chicago
Boston.... Georgia
Wade....Florida
Yu.....China
Odom .... Mass
Williams...Sherman Oaks
To go with Frank and Bronny
Yeah I posted this in Zyaire to Canyon thread...crazy

Odom even has a commitment video on Instagram. WTF . Also heard Sierra Canyon was recruiting a player from Washington and an entire 8th grade top ranked AAU team from Georgia

Reactions: Renard Monroe
Sierra Canyon added 6-5 2022 SG Shy Odom from Pennsylvania/Boston Mass

So now they have
Bailey ... Chicago
Boston.... Georgia
Wade....Florida
Yu.....China
Odom .... Mass
Williams...Sherman Oaks
To go with Frank and Bronny
To live in Los Angeles in the winter and summer... versus living in Boston... that is a no brainer....

i am really wondering where all this hate was at or still at when we talk about mater dei basketball and de la salle football.....

What Sierra Canyon is doing in basketball and Mater Dei/Bosco are doing in football is an arms race and bad for high school sports.

Reactions: Renard Monroe
It's only 1 basketball. Kids still want PT. It wouldnt surprise me if this fails or they're are preseason transfers.

Reactions: ayalar09
I think another factor not being taken into consideration, is how disrespectful it is to the other guys on the Sierra Canyon team, who have put in their hard work, and time. Instead of getting a chance to play, they get to warm the bench for a 5-star All-Star team, that will easily cruise through every team it plays in California this year, except for maybe Mater Dei. What does Sierra Canyon get out of this is my question?

What's funny to me is Sierra Canyon could go 34-0 win the State Title, and still not be eligible for the Geico Nationals

Meanwhile Prolific Prep in our backyard could go 30-4 and probably quality as a 6-8 seed.

Reactions: coachlittle
It's only 1 basketball. Kids still want PT. It wouldnt surprise me if this fails or they're are preseason transfers.

Absolutely agree. These kids want theres. Probably more than in any era. They will win on pure talent but managing those egos will be a nightmare. Good luck. Maybe I'm crazy but I would rather go to see Riordan play Bellarmine or Mitty this year. I would wait hours for a ticket to that one.

Reactions: jordan24
I agree Larry those riordan mitty games will be some intense battles hopefully both games will be streamed because
geeting in will be a nightmare. a ton of
Good players on both teams
scouting, execution and in game adjustments by the coaches will be vital.
Coach kennedy has been there and done that no doubt that is the best league
to watch top to bottom this year.

I agree Larry those riordan mitty games will be some intense battles hopefully both games will be streamed because
geeting in will be a nightmare. a ton of
Good players on both teams
scouting, execution and in game adjustments by the coaches will be vital.
Coach kennedy has been there and done that no doubt that is the best league
to watch top to bottom this year.

Yeah I can't wait. Nice to see hoops in the "CITY" back on the rise. Nothing like a game on Phelan Ave with the band blasting. Its been way too long for me. This is what HS sports is all about.

Reactions: jordan24
I think another factor not being taken into consideration, is how disrespectful it is to the other guys on the Sierra Canyon team, who have put in their hard work, and time. Instead of getting a chance to play, they get to warm the bench for a 5-star All-Star team, that will easily cruise through every team it plays in California this year, except for maybe Mater Dei. What does Sierra Canyon get out of this is my question?

What's funny to me is Sierra Canyon could go 34-0 win the State Title, and still not be eligible for the Geico Nationals

Meanwhile Prolific Prep in our backyard could go 30-4 and probably quality as a 6-8 seed.
there are a whole lot of options in Los Angeles if a kid doesnt want to stay at sierra canyon. Those options would be alot cheaper too. There is no disrespect. If someone comes and does your job better your fault for not working harder. In division 1 basketball you are always getting recruited over. Iron sharpens iron. If you cannot handle it Garfield or Encino High always needs some new players.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT