ADVERTISEMENT

Granite Bay 31 vs 0 Vacaville FINAL

Dan12Kings

Hall of Famer
Sep 14, 2010
I think this is going to be the real test and indicator where the Bulldogs really stand at this point of the season. The two Vacaville losses have come against teams that are a combined 6-0(Liberty 3-0 & Oak Ridge 3-0). Burbank had an ok athletic team with size but they only had 18 players on the team, they lead Vacaville 8-6 after the first qtr. but the Bulldogs wore them down scoring 34 unanswered points in the second qtr. to lead 40-8 at the half. Vacaville would then put second and third stringers in the game and pretty much ran the clock down until the Titans got one last TD in the final minutes.

Granite Bay beat a good Jesuit team but IMO a bit overrated as I don’t think they’re the same team from last year. But they’re two losses are similar to Vacaville as the Grizzlies two losses have also come against undefeated teams with a combined 5-0 record(Monte Vista 3-0 and Damonte Ranch 2-0).

It’s looking like this could be a really good game as both teams are trying to even their records at 2-2 and given the history of these two teams that have created a bit of a rivalry that’s been pretty much even in terms of wins and losses over the years.

DEFENSE..DEFENSE..DEFENSE!!!

GO VACAVILLE BULLDOGS!!!

I think this is going to be the real test and indicator where the Bulldogs really stand at this point of the season. The two Vacaville losses have come against teams that are a combined 6-0(Liberty 3-0 & Oak Ridge 3-0). Burbank had an ok athletic team with size but they only had 18 players on the team, they lead Vacaville 8-6 after the first qtr. but the Bulldogs wore them down scoring 34 unanswered points in the second qtr. to lead 40-8 at the half. Vacaville would then put second and third stringers in the game and pretty much ran the clock down until the Titans got one last TD in the final minutes.

Granite Bay beat a good Jesuit team but IMO a bit overrated as I don’t think they’re the same team from last year. But they’re two losses are similar to Vacaville as the Grizzlies two losses have also come against undefeated teams with a combined 5-0 record(Monte Vista 3-0 and Damonte Ranch 2-0).

It’s looking like this could be a really good game as both teams are trying to even their records at 2-2 and given the history of these two teams that have created a bit of a rivalry that’s been pretty much even in terms of wins and losses over the years.

DEFENSE..DEFENSE..DEFENSE!!!

GO VACAVILLE BULLDOGS!!!
Dan- Vacaville has seemed to struggle with SFL teams the past few years. Any idea why?

Dan- Vacaville has seemed to struggle with SFL teams the past few years. Any idea why?

They played GB and OR really close last year lost both by one point. One on a missed FG attempt. This year Oak Ridge was definitely better than them we will see how they do against GB. But Vaca has beaten SFL teams in the past, they have beaten Rocklin, Del Oro, Granite Bay and Folsom, and have lost multiple games to Oak Ridge by 1 point. They have proven that when they have a talented team they can hang in there with the teams in the SFL.(not named Folsom even tho I think they are 1-2 against them). It’s just too much talent in he SFL, Vaca doesn’t have that every year just once in a while I guess.

Last edited:
Reactions: cashisking18
Perhaps Vaca is in a "Rebuilding Mode" and not "Reloading." They need to get their Bite back! Hopefully they come out the victors in this one! Blessed to see Vaca play these teams. Hopefully they can get some upsets before league play. Gonna be real intense especially when they face Vanden & Wood!

Reactions: Dan12Kings
Vaca fumbles at their own 20 yard line and two plays later GB scores.

GB 10 Vaca 0 3rd qtr

Looks like this year Vaca just doesn’t have the size that it sometimes has or the speed. Hmm wonder if all the talent went to the other side of town, Wood might have more talent this year. Maybe Woods offensive style is starting to attract more talent to them.

As I wrote this Vacaville punts from their own 2yrd line, punt goes 20 yards, GB returns to the 15 and scores a couple plays later. 17-0 GB 3rd qtr.

Reactions: coachlittle
I think Wood's Offense is attracting more players..there O Line may be big..I was impressed wit their win over Vintage and their win over Deer Valley was a Big surprise...hopefully they get a win over American Canyon..Question: is there a different scenario when it comes to playoffs does the win-loss changes everything?
On another note: I am sure Vacaville will figure so

What you need to think about is the quality of the teams Wood and Vacaville have played.

Vacaville's non league opponents all are top 15 in their section......if not top 5! Who has Wood played???

What you need to think about is the quality of the teams Wood and Vacaville have played.

Vacaville's non league opponents all are top 15 in their section......if not top 5! Who has Wood played???
true but even against teams like these Vaca has been able to compete in the past, this year they just don’t seem to have it. I actually think their defense is better than what the results have indicated so far as the offense keeps loosing the ball inside their own territory putting the defense in a total disadvantage, and that has happened in the Oak Ridge game and this game. Defense held its own in the first half against Liberty. They just get worn down in the second half because they are out there the entire time because the offense is just not working against those top teams.

Love Vaca's schedule hoping they wud always get a win. Gud to see Wood winning hopefully they may get to the point of winning will lead to a stronger schedule like Vaca's own

What impressed me a bit in this game was the size Granite Bay has, Vacaville was overmatched by that by a landslide, GB might surprise some of the other teams in the SFL not named Folsom that’s for sure. The only player that to me could be a problem for GB is their starting QB he threw 2-3 interceptions against a team that rarely intercepts the ball like that. That’s where GB could find themselves in trouble against tougher SFL competition but they got the size to match up with Oak Ridge I might even say that they got just a bit more size than OR.

Last edited:
Reactions: Knock Heads
What impressed me a bit in this game was the size Granite Bay has, Vacaville was overmatched by that by a landslide, GB might surprise some of the other teams in the SFL not named Folsom that’s for sure. The only player that too me could be a problem for GB is their starting QB he threw 2-3 interceptions against a team that rarely intercepts the ball like that. That’s where GB could find themselves in trouble against tougher SFL competition but they got the size to match up with Oak Ridge I might even say that they got just a bit more size than OR.

Spot on. Is a negative passer rating possible?

Wait until he plays a team that can really apply pressure...they'd be best to throw it 5 times or less. They should just run it.
I say they put their second string QB as a starter, he looked a little more confident out there. If they don’t, that starting QB is going to get the Grizzlies in a lot of trouble if he doesn’t start throwing the ball a little better, he’s got the arm it’s just his accuracy is way off.

Reactions: Knock Heads
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT