ADVERTISEMENT

Week 11 Previews: Pittsburg (8-0) at Liberty (6-2)

Streak One

Hall of Famer
Staff
Nov 11, 2003
Pittsburg has flown a bit under the radar at 8-0, but the Pirates still look like one of the best teams in Northern California.

The Pirates have run for at least 200 yards in three of the last five games including a season high 382 yards against Heritage. They also have two special teams touchdowns this year and two interception returns for scores from junior Jadyn Hudson.

Liberty sophomore Jaxon Bell has 1,176 rushing yards and 21 touchdowns while senior Ryan Mckendry has 12 of the Lions’ 18 touchdown catches.

Liberty’s losses this year have come to San Ramon Valley (66-12) and a 35-34 loss to Los Gatos after Liberty gave up a second half lead. Pittsburg beat Los Gatos 37-27 on September 15.

Pittsburg has flown a bit under the radar at 8-0, but the Pirates still look like one of the best teams in Northern California.

The Pirates have run for at least 200 yards in three of the last five games including a season high 382 yards against Heritage. They also have two special teams touchdowns this year and two interception returns for scores from junior Jadyn Hudson.

Liberty sophomore Jaxon Bell has 1,176 rushing yards and 21 touchdowns while senior Ryan Mckendry has 12 of the Lions’ 18 touchdown catches.

Liberty’s losses this year have come to San Ramon Valley (66-12) and a 35-34 loss to Los Gatos after Liberty gave up a second half lead. Pittsburg beat Los Gatos 37-27 on September 15.
This is a Dangerous game for PITT…. The eyeball test will say that PITT should Roll…. But Liberty can play…. I saw them at the CVC jamboree and while they are not big, they execute their plays very well and look to be well coached….

This is a Dangerous game for PITT…. The eyeball test will say that PITT should Roll…. But Liberty can play…. I saw them at the CVC jamboree and while they are not big, they execute their plays very well and look to be well coached….
Agree that this could be a game that Pitt comes in a bit too confident, but I just don't see Liberty beating them. But they are definitely capable of giving them a real scare if they don't come ready to play

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT