ADVERTISEMENT

Granite Bay v Grant Preview

RidgeRider

Hall of Famer
Feb 27, 2017
Really looking forward to this matchup this coming Friday.

I’m not sure yet how far above GB is to Rocklin or Whitney at this point but my sense is they’re a solid 4th in the SFL at the moment behind Oak Ridge, Del Oro and the Bulldogs.

While DO was a real problem for GB this year, especially on defense, GB’s defense is still very good and they are a well prepared and well drilled SFL team who is a little down on talent compared to last year’s amazing group.

Grant will be entering the league for its very first game on Friday at Granite Bay and while I understand they’re not very big in the trenches this year, they have some skill players that will cause some issues for GB’s excellent D.

On offense GB can move the ball and their QB is very mobile, their line is a bit smaller this year as well but still disciplined and their deception run / pass game with fly and other elements might give Grant fits.

Looking forward to an intriguing matchup.

Welcome, Grant!

Prediction - Final GB 35 Grant 30

Last edited:
Grant will field better athletes but they might also have the smaller lines. If grant cleans up its mistakes and learn how to deal with adversity they could win big and pretty much contend with sfl top teams because they have the skill players to line up across from even folsom. How well prepared will they be each week? That’s the real question looks as if they run the same plays over and over no matter what that defense is being called on the other side. For me it’s a coin toss I don’t know which grant team will be out there they can win by 20 or lose by 20 depends on the players attitude

GB QB can be a weapon if they let him run more. Got to keep the ball in his hands more as he has some speed and can make you miss. He is not a super accurate passer but hard to throw when you are being pressured all the time, he's an athlete.

GB has traditionally burned teams with the fly sweep but they just lack the talent and speed to execute it consistently.

Good defense that will keep them in close games.

Have not seen the G-men this year but hope this is a good game.

If you can't see this in person, you can listen to the KAHI play-by-play radio coverage of the game. KAHI is a radio station in Auburn that's called all the Placer varsity football games for years. They do a great job, but since Placer is on a bye this week, they are going to call the Grant-Granite Bay game. If you are local, you'll be able to hear it on the radio at AM 950 or FM 104.5. And if not, it streams live on KAHI.com There's also a phone app you can download if you want to stream it on your phone. I will probably be listening since Placer isn't playing and I remember watching some great youth games against both Grant and Granite Bay several years ago, and those kids would be high school age now.

Reactions: RidgeRider
lack of talent, lack of speed is what i saw at del oro game, not the grantie bay i seen before and da qb can run but not throw, easy cakewalk for del oro, thinkin grant has real good chance for winnin this one

Reactions: ILOVETROJANFOOTBALL
Grant will field better athletes but they might also have the smaller lines. If grant cleans up its mistakes and learn how to deal with adversity they could win big and pretty much contend with sfl top teams because they have the skill players to line up across from even folsom. How well prepared will they be each week? That’s the real question looks as if they run the same plays over and over no matter what that defense is being called on the other side. For me it’s a coin toss I don’t know which grant team will be out there they can win by 20 or lose by 20 depends on the players attitude

Delta,,
Brotha you are preaching to the choir and I couldnt agree with you more. Talented team but the lack of discipline is unacceptable. There needs to be more accountabilty for the mental errors that seem to plague us. When the offense is scoring points the pacers are excited, jumping around, talking shxt, making plays, and finishing plays with vicious blocks/hits. When the offense isnt scoring you see players with there heads down, pointing fingers, arguing, and making poor mental errors. To be realistic i dont expect to win all the games we play in, even tho id like that, but the ass whopping ive seen over the years is just shameful, even tho they lost to some good teams. Losing by 5 or 6 touchdowns, this is not just a coaching issue. Im calling out the players!! Ask any former pacer, especially in the 90's, playing football was an opportunity to beat someone axx and not get in trouble! For 48 minutes i can beat the day lights out of a someone and afterwards go home? Are you sure, sign me up! Thats the pacer attitude i remember(even as a grant ram-r.i.p coach fat-rat, you are still missed). Didnt matter how big you were, how much smack you talked, who yo mommy or daddy was, when you played us, you about to get smacked in the mouth. I remember kids getting hit so hard, the ref throw a flag just because. One mom even pulled her son out the game in the 1st quarter because she feared his safety after a big hit(i dont blame her it was a vicious hit). This is why i have respect for the teams that beat us back in my days, they fought back and held there own, getting the last punch in, usually winning by a few points. Now a days we losing by 30 plus points! And its not just x's and o's that teams are doing that closed the gap, although the sac area is rich with talent and good coaching. To me i look at the players and say stop living on the rep that your dad, uncle, and even grandfather created and have some pride when you put that navy blue and gold uniform on!

Okay enough ranting and raving. Unfortunately i wont be at the game this weekend, ill be in la most likely watching the img/MD game. Even tho i wont be there to kick league play off, i will be there in spirit hoping for a convincing win and a injury free football game for both teams.

I'm taking Grant in this one. I said Granite Bay would be near the bottom of the SFL and I'm sticking with it. They lost so many from last year. I think we will see a 21-14 type game.

Folsom
OR/DO
Grant
Rocklin
Granite Bay
Whitney

I had the pacers prevailing and they didn't let me down. I've seen all the SFL teams except Grant in person. (next week I will be at OR game).
I'm still going with the above.

I think OR vs Grant will be a ver good game though. I think we will see a 35-21 type game with OR pulling away in 4th. OR came out pretty flat against Rocklin and finally woke up. I liked Rocklin QB. Kid can really throw it. Rocklin Frosh and JV looked good. I would say future looks good over there.

Folsom
Oak Ridge
DO
Grant
Rocklin
Granite Bay
Whitney

I had the pacers prevailing and they didn't let me down. I've seen all the SFL teams except Grant in person. (next week I will be at OR game).
I'm still going with the above.

I think OR vs Grant will be a ver good game though. I think we will see a 35-21 type game with OR pulling away in 4th. OR came out pretty flat against Rocklin and finally woke up. I liked Rocklin QB. Kid can really throw it. Rocklin Frosh and JV looked good. I would say future looks good over there.

Folsom
Oak Ridge
DO
Grant
Rocklin
Granite Bay
Whitney

I don’t think grant has the size to compete for 4 arts especially with so many go both ways but I like their starters to match up well for 3 qrt s

Reactions: Sacchiefs
Wow, just saw this! Great win for Grant!

The tough part is coming fast. I hope they stand up to the test!

Call me crazy when grant plays folsom they’ll be pretty even on the perimeters for the box score watches grant has a rb that is every bit as good as ngata

Delta,
Some might call you crazy! but I won't be one of them! Anything is possible.

Nice article TR. Really good players. I know sort of transition year but Rocklin has some really good younger teams coming up. i think Frosh and JV are both undefeated. (I'm sure you know). Maybe a year or 2 away from making some noise again?

Honestly, since all the classes of kids I coached in youth graduated through the program several years ago, I don't see Rocklin as much as I used to. I haven't even made it out to one of their games this season. Just seen a couple games on video. I figured I'd probably make it to Rocklin-Del Oro this season, but it's the same night as Folsom-Grant Union so I have no idea which one I'll go to. I've been busy checking out numerous other teams through out the section and NorCal. Although this past weekend was stay at home and stream a couple games time.

I am familiar with the Wyant boys, though. Cade's been a good QB in that system.

@smashmouthrick are you gonna be in town for the Rocklin-DO game?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT