ADVERTISEMENT

Gridlay FINALS Day!

Another, with an asterisk or two... I consider Fresno to be part of NorCal, but apparently the CIF thinks they're in SoCal, so geography has to be an asterisk here.

Last year teams from Fresno were split between North and South . San Joaquin Memorial lost to Del Oro Nor Cal. From what I hear it's was the beginning of the transition to bring all to the North

Congrats to James Akinjo on the Touney OP. Chappell was very impressive, NEEDS to be SIGNED.

Listed below is the All Tournament Team.
Beasley solid showing for Dublin, the only sophmore listed.

#0 Jaden McClanahan - Salesian High School
#2 Zachary Chappell - Capital Christian High School
#15 Micah Filer - Capital Christian High School
#0 Dale Currie - Sheldon High School
#11 Justin Nguyen - Sheldon High School
#32 Robby Beasley - Dublin High School
#25 Mason Forbes - Folsom High School
#11 Riley Grigsby - Archbishop Mitty High School
#23 Delis Boggs-Smith - Woodcreek High School

Outstanding Player:

#11 James Akinjo - Salesian High School

Congrats to James Akinjo on the Touney OP. Chappell was very impressive, NEEDS to be SIGNED.

Listed below is the All Tournament Team.
Beasley solid showing for Dublin, the only sophmore listed.

#0 Jaden McClanahan - Salesian High School
#2 Zachary Chappell - Capital Christian High School
#15 Micah Filer - Capital Christian High School
#0 Dale Currie - Sheldon High School
#11 Justin Nguyen - Sheldon High School
#32 Robby Beasley - Dublin High School
#25 Mason Forbes - Folsom High School
#11 Riley Grigsby - Archbishop Mitty High School
#23 Delis Boggs-Smith - Woodcreek High School

Outstanding Player:

#11 James Akinjo - Salesian High School
How did Mitty's Mike Mitchell perform this weekend? I've heard great things of this promising freshman.

BTW, LL... Have you ever gone to the GIBT?

Its the one tourney I haven't been too. I need to go. I was at Father Barry this weekend. Not quite as good as the past. No real D1 studs with exception of Johnson from Saint Francis but they aren't very good. A couple years ago I was watching Brandon Mccoy. BTW, he looks good at UNLV. Jesuit will be tough. I really like the new (newer coach who replaced Harcos). That fresh Silva is a stud. Personally I would start him.

Jason Kidd and Gary Payton are 1a and 1b in my book. I go back to 1986....
Those Skyline - Riordan games pitted the Titans' Payton and 7-0 Greg Foster vs Terrence Mullins and Chris Munk Riordan teams. The first time I saw Kidd play was at a NorCal game when they played at Oakland. Wow! And he was only a freshman!
From a purely HS perspective, Riordan's Ray "Baby Magic" Kelly was special.

Great memories. I recall watching those great Riordan teams. Ray Kelly had a great letterman jacket. Walked by me and had that logo on the back. Classic. Dwayne Fontana was one of best post players ever under 6"6 from Norcal.

Forgot about Austin in my late-night fog... Yup, he was terrific, but not quite like Akinjo...

Woke up this morning thinking about this... And, well DUH! I forgot about Elijah Hardy, too. Has just about everything Akinjo has, plus two inches of length. Not sure he has quite the competitive fire that Akinjo has, but he has plenty... From the two games of his I've seen this year, he has improved a *lot* since last year and certainly deserved consideration...

Another, with an asterisk or two... I consider Fresno to be part of NorCal, but apparently the CIF thinks they're in SoCal, so geography has to be an asterisk here...

In any case, we can't leave out San Joaquin Memorial's sophomore superstud Jalen Green. Dude is 6'6", incredibly athletic and skilled. Just about as good as Lonzo was as a Senior, and probably a better shooter, too (at least much more conventional in shooting motion).

The other asterisk is Green's size... According to program listings, Green has grown an inch or two since last year. If he grows much more at all, it's likely he'll become more a forward or at least a swingman.

I can't wait to see more of this kid... BTW, San Joaquin Memorial is playing in the Modesto Christian Holiday Hoops tournament... ROAD TRIP!! Heck, SJM is also playing in the Clovis West tournament this coming weekend... And I am crazy enough to consider a run down there this Saturday...

Salesian plays SJM later in the season in Napa, don't miss that one.

Jason Kidd and Gary Payton are 1a and 1b in my book. I go back to 1986....
Those Skyline - Riordan games pitted the Titans' Payton and 7-0 Greg Foster vs Terrence Mullins and Chris Munk Riordan teams. The first time I saw Kidd play was at a NorCal game when they played at Oakland. Wow! And he was only a freshman!
From a purely HS perspective, Riordan's Ray "Baby Magic" Kelly was special.

I remember in high school rolling down to watch these guys. You knew then these guys were absolutely elite and GOATS.

Man Riordan threw out some talent in and great teams in the 80’s-90’s.

Reactions: jordan24
Norcal should start claiming Fresno 100% now to get to claim Jalen Green the next 3 years lol... wouldn't mind seeing SJM in the North Open playoffs if that's how things shake out...

Norcal should start claiming Fresno 100% now to get to claim Jalen Green the next 3 years lol... wouldn't mind seeing SJM in the North Open playoffs if that's how things shake out...

No high school player is worth claiming Fresno as yours? In fact I didn’t think there’s anything that would do that.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT