ADVERTISEMENT

HARD FOUGHTGAMES IN THE PLAYOFF'S, FOLSOM GETS BY 21-14 IN OT

Bluedog2

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Aug 24, 2007
Del Oro faced a strong defense that kept them out of the end zone until the second half, but the Golden Eagles could not muster up enough points to win the ball game in the second half and trailed the whole game..

Line Score
Grace Brethren...…...00.....07.....06....08.....21
Del Oro...………………….00.....00.....07.....07....14

But it was Folsom who came on top with a 21-14 victory in OT....This game was as hard fought as the DLS game as both teams exchanged punts, but the defense would keep both teams out of the end zone.
The Don's drew first blood with a 10 yard run, but the Bulldogs came right back and tied the game at 7-7 with a 1yard keeper by Bennett. But GB pulled ahead with a one yard rush, but again, Folsom tied the game with a short pass to Ngata from Bennett, but in OT, Bennett hit Hutton on a 17 yard pass with less then two minutes to go and the Bulldog defense held and Folsom got by Cathedral Catholic 21-14 in one of the toughed defensive battles since the DLS game.
Line Score
Folsom...……………..00.....00.....07.....07.....OT 07.....21
Cathedral Catholic.....00.....00.....07.....07.....00.....14

Reactions: cnerwal
What stood out to me was Folsom’s red zone issues all game but then they score the game tying and game winning scores down there.

Showed some grit we hadn’t seen this season

Lots of bickering and name calling right now. Lets just appreciate how good of a game that was. CC had a very good game plan and was well prepared. I think Folsom underestimated there physicality up front.
2 things stood out to me.
1. Bennett wouldn't be denied in the 2nd have. He was dynamic with his feet and determined to get Folsom a W.
2. #55 DE for Folsom on the pass rush was a beast. He will pick up some bigger offers after that game.

Folsom wasn't crisp in the red zone but they found a way to win. Great teams do that. And at the end of the day they won and hang another banner. I'm a fan of football and you can say this and that but Folsom plays that team 5 times and beats them everytime. CC had a chance to win and when it went OT the better team usually prevails. CC will be back next year. They look to have a lot of pieces returning. Well coached team.

Reactions: FormerD1Backer
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT