ADVERTISEMENT

High School Sports Covid Data

Vaccinations have opened up to those in education in California (Tier 1B) as of today. The state should make every effort to have those approx. 400,000 people vaccinated FULLY within 8 weeks. NO EXCUSES for not doing that. If everyone of them got their first shot today, they could have their second shot in three (Pfizer) or four (Moderna) weeks and be fully covered after another one to two weeks. That's fully protected teachers as early as mid-March. Start there and keep on working the problem!
65 and over should be vaccinated first and those with underlying conditions. Should be based on highest risk first. Data suggests school age and at schools transmission low. Teachers and healthcare workers with conditions and age over 65 can get. vaccine Then open up to levels below. 95% efficacy on backdrop of 99.4 recovery puts it far better than the 35-50% efficacy of the flu puts COVID vaccine at extremely effective in whiopping out the pandemic and quickly delivery heard immunity.

Last edited:
Sac County closed Tier 1B today to all but 65+ in particular professions. Considering very few teachers, firefighters, or police officers are over 65, there are no significant vaccinations taking place for those individuals.

False start. Five yard penalty. Repeat the down.

I don't know how you have blinders on the damage the closure of school and Sports have impacted youth. The long term is quite obvious actually. When kids drop out of school the lifelong consequences are serious, look it up. We are going to play like the other 4o States, it's just a matter of time,
Your key point is that it is just a matter of time. I agree. Where we seem to disagree on is how much time. Kids must get back to school. The sooner the better. But safely. And that seems to be where I differ from some posters on this board. I'm the guy who wears his mask while hiking even when the other people are more than 6 feet away. I'm the guy concerned about not just the kids but also their coaches, their parents, the officials, the person next to me in the stands, their teachers and administrators, and their fellow students. I'm the guy who believes that California remains one of the states with higher number of cases. I'm the guy pissed off about the crappy job this state seems to be doing in getting vaccines administered. I'm the guy not just worried about fatalities but also some of the long term effects of contracting this disease. I've got a 28 year old daughter in law dealing with breathing issues and fatigue (sometimes severe) months after supposedly recovering. I want kids to get back to school. As for sports I don't think just getting back to school automatically means that contact sports will follow the next day. I'd like it to but having kids social distance in the classroom and on campus isn't the same as lining up across the line of scrimmage from someone's who community has 80% of the cases in our county. I see issues with Boards of Education allowing football even when CIF says go-ahead. I see parents having issues with their child playing and schools not having enough players to field a team. I am truly hoping that Biden's stimulus program gets approved since it has a LOT more money ($130 b vs $20b) in it for getting kids back into schools. I want kids back in schools. Safely. I want kids to be able to play football. Hopefully beginning practice in July/August. Telling everyone that 40 other states have played and that's why we should do it just doesn't seem to be a good enough reason to me.

Your key point is that it is just a matter of time. I agree. Where we seem to disagree on is how much time. Kids must get back to school. The sooner the better. But safely. And that seems to be where I differ from some posters on this board. I'm the guy who wears his mask while hiking even when the other people are more than 6 feet away. I'm the guy concerned about not just the kids but also their coaches, their parents, the officials, the person next to me in the stands, their teachers and administrators, and their fellow students. I'm the guy who believes that California remains one of the states with higher number of cases. I'm the guy pissed off about the crappy job this state seems to be doing in getting vaccines administered. I'm the guy not just worried about fatalities but also some of the long term effects of contracting this disease. I've got a 28 year old daughter in law dealing with breathing issues and fatigue (sometimes severe) months after supposedly recovering. I want kids to get back to school. As for sports I don't think just getting back to school automatically means that contact sports will follow the next day. I'd like it to but having kids social distance in the classroom and on campus isn't the same as lining up across the line of scrimmage from someone's who community has 80% of the cases in our county. I see issues with Boards of Education allowing football even when CIF says go-ahead. I see parents having issues with their child playing and schools not having enough players to field a team. I am truly hoping that Biden's stimulus program gets approved since it has a LOT more money ($130 b vs $20b) in it for getting kids back into schools. I want kids back in schools. Safely. I want kids to be able to play football. Hopefully beginning practice in July/August. Telling everyone that 40 other states have played and that's why we should do it just doesn't seem to be a good enough reason to me.
You are also living in a rich community and have 0 HS athletes or young children. It would take you 1 day walking in the shoes who can’t afford your neck of the woods. I ran conditioning practices for 4 months. 45/45 attended every day. Pretty sure most Parents and kids want this. Our numbers are not even close to your projections and dropping fast. 40 other states did it with higher numbers in some states. Your daughter will recover, many children won’t from dropping out. Hopefully getting the green light soon. Refs and coaches are very protected outdoors many feet away.

you lost me when you said the B word hiking w a mask on???

I would like to be honestly blunt for a little bit.

I moderate this board and run NorCalPreps as a whole, but really, this board is for the people who post and/or read only (more than a few of those I have found :)). Within reason, I want this board to be a place people can kick around ideas on involving high school sports and those connected to it. Given what the past 10 months have been, there isn't a lot to kick around in that subject area.

I have tried to empoly a give and take when it comes to certain subjects (allow more leeway to the rules, but also not let this board turn into a ugly Facebook thread).

All that to say, I'm not sure what you want from the boards, so I figured I would ask.

What do you want this message board to look like going forward? As i said, there are certain things that I won't allow but I genuinly want to know what posters want on here. Here are three outcomes I see, but I'm sure there are more

• Let conversation go wherever it goes as long as there isn't trolling, personal attacks and has some connect to high school sports (for example, COVID talk falls under that. Your favorites movies don't)
  • Allow for coversation to go wherever, but I will hide anything that doesn't have a strong connection to high school or college sports
  • Only talk of high school and college sports are allowed. Anything that strays from that will be eliminated.
I have my opinions, but like I said earlier, this board is for people who post on it and read it. I know this board can be better and I want to work toward that.

You can reply on here, shoot me a message on the site or email me at norcalpreps@yahoo..com

Thanks everyone

I say free speech it’s as American as apple pie. People don’t like the post or topic they are free to move along and not read it. Look as long as kids aren’t being named and slandered who really cares? Censoring is lame period don‘t pretend like it‘s anything other than some power trip, carry on.

I say free speech it’s as American as apple pie. People don’t like the post or topic they are free to move along and not read it. Look as long as kids aren’t being named and slandered who really cares? Censoring is lame period don‘t pretend like it‘s anything other than some power trip, carry on.
"Sir, this is a Wendy's."

*This post may be inaccurate in your area due to the protocols in individual counties. Check with your local authorities for current information.

Vaccinations have opened up to those in education in California (Tier 1B) as of today. The state should make every effort to have those approx. 400,000 people vaccinated FULLY within 8 weeks. NO EXCUSES for not doing that. If everyone of them got their first shot today, they could have their second shot in three (Pfizer) or four (Moderna) weeks and be fully covered after another one to two weeks. That's fully protected teachers as early as mid-March. Start there and keep on working the problem!
The shots are slowly becoming more available, and while we are on 1B, the reality is that many locations just do not have enough of the vaccines. My parents are in their 80s and have been trying to get the vaccine for the past month, and FINALLY got an appointment for their first shot next week. As soon as they become available, the appointments go quickly. Many locations are still restricting to over 75 because of logistics or not having enough shots. The reality is that we are looking at March before the educators are getting their initial shots, which means April when they get their 2nd, and May when they have the 95% immunity.

The reality is that we are looking at March before the educators are getting their initial shots, which means April when they get their 2nd, and May when they have the 95% immunity.

Hopefully CA educators don’t pull what they did in Illinois. Chicago teachers were prioritized first in line for vaccinations, then after getting vaccinated, they went on strike and refused to go back to in-person learning.

Hopefully CA educators don’t pull what they did in Illinois. Chicago teachers were prioritized first in line for vaccinations, then after getting vaccinated, they went on strike and refused to go back to in-person learning.
This took ten seconds to fact check: According to multiple news sources, Chicago teachers are threatening to strike if they are not vaccinated BEFORE being sent back to the classroom. Again, multiple news sources saying that Chicago teachers have NOT been widely vaccinated.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT