ADVERTISEMENT

How does NorCal do in state championships?

Taylor king never saw a shot he didn't like! Couldn't play a lick of D and didn't last at duke and nova.

Powell was a great leaper and brought fans to the game with his dunks. Fun to watch but not much of a basketball player. 5 star guys get recruited to UK. Powell was a 3 star. Do the math.

Should be a fun weekend. Here is wishing all the kids success.

Interesting paths taken by King:

http://www.dukebasketballreport.com/2016/6/17/11962224/former-blue-devil-taylor-king-back-on-track

http://www.chesterchronicle.co.uk/sport/basketball/taylor-king-ex-cheshire-phoenix-11473262

Taylor King: His history is a bit obscured. It isn't mentioned that King's Mater Dei team lost to Palo Alto in 2006 (Jeremy Lin). We all know how he flamed out in college and was scrapping by at the lower levels of pro basketball (playing in Britain now).

Also funny, there were another highly touted kid Jeremy Lin beat on the way to the State Title:

Drew Gordon: He's younger than Lin so he must have been a sophomore when Palo Alto beat Mitty. Despite being highly touted, Gordon had an ok college career but hasn't been able to break into the NBA consistently so now he's overseas.

It took Lin some time to break through but he's established himself as a solid rotation player in the NBA. I wonder which underrated prospect might make it to the NBA in the near future like Lin?

On a side note: I found video of Villa Park. It's a highlight package and not a full game so hard to see certain things.

The highly touted guards look good and their height 6'4" could be problematic for Mission. But Villa Park looks beatable. The other team in the video didn't look that great but they were getting by Villa Park's defense.

Someone else take a look and tell me what you think:

Good memories Coach41. There wasn't much more gratifying than watching an overhyped mater dei team leave with there head between there tails.

Was at SAP center in SJ last night watching a great Sweet 16. Don't sleep on the underdog is my message for this weekend. Xavier never believed they didn't belong and sent mighty Arizona packing with nothing to show. Love the backcourt of Xavier. A team that never hurries and always seems to make the extra pass. Watch #55 play kids. That guy understands his value.

Ran into a lot of people last night. Peja and Bobby J were in the house doing a little scouting. 2 of my all time favorites from sac. Very nice guys.

Go Mission! The entire state is behind you.

Last edited:
Ha ha.... Lonzos! Maybe its his birth name.

Heat BTW, you are nuts thinking Sheldon had any chance in that Mater Dei game. MD had a great game plan. Sheldon was all penetration and MD packed it in and contested shots at the rim. Williams and Allen could't shoot. It was one of Mcknights better coaching days. It was Katin Reinhardt raining 3's parade. MD took care of biz.

I really liked this year Sheldon team because they could shoot and penetrate. You guys were legit. Nothing but praise from the legend.

Reactions: TheFolsomBulldog
Ha ha.... Lonzos! Maybe its his birth name.

Heat BTW, you are nuts thinking Sheldon had any chance in that Mater Dei game. MD had a great game plan. Sheldon was all penetration and MD packed it in and contested shots at the rim. Williams and Allen could't shoot. It was one of Mcknights better coaching days. It was Katin Reinhardt raining 3's parade. MD took care of biz.

I really liked this year Sheldon team because they could shoot and penetrate. You guys were legit. Nothing but praise from the legend.
Def not his birth name. Its Lonzo Ball lol

Damon Powell never had a 15 foot J that could be consistent.. but his ability to slash from weak side and slam was as good any any HS player around... (pretty much ever/Nor Cal region) add in Will Cherry/Frank Otis.. the Big 3 on those championship Mack teams... (Otis 1 year older)... and why Damian Lillard could never get an OAL championship in his years at Oakland High.

Reactions: observer22
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT