ADVERTISEMENT

Huge game. Newman vs Windsor

larry legend33

Hall of Famer
Silver Member
Dec 4, 2007
Enough about Folsom. Biggest story of 2021. Cronin, who just became all time winningest coach in redwood empire last weekend, takes his 7-0 Windsor squad against his former Cardinal Newman Team which he built into a state powerhouse at the small/medium school level over the last 2 decades. Newman has played a good schedule and Sanchez has the kids playing well. I think weather becomes a factor with rain in forecast all week. Newman ground Game is better so this could impact Windors ability to throw. We shall see.
I think Windsor wins but it will be a great game. 28-24.

personally will be cheering for newman but always pulling for coach Cronin who is a class act.

Last edited:
Hoping to be on the field for this one. Its going to be epic. Newman definitely has the advantage at RB but I fully expect Cronin to use his two top WRs in the run game. Hayden Anderson has plenty of experience running the football. Can't wait

Reactions: larry legend33
Here are the top players to watch.

Hayden Anderson Fr. Windsor WR

Chase Vehmeyer Sr. Windsor QB

Makhi Johnson Sr. Windsor WR

Santino Acevedo Jr. RB Cardinal Newman

Jesse Myers Fr. LB Cardinal Newman
Myers had 4 sacks last game and leads the team for the year.

Reactions: MC415
Enough about Folsom. Biggest story of 2021. Cronin, who just became all time winningest coach in redwood empire last weekend, takes his 7-0 Windsor squad against his former Cardinal Newman Team which he built into a state powerhouse at the small/medium school level over the last 2 decades. Newman has played a good schedule and Sanchez has the kids playing well. I think weather becomes a factor with rain in forecast all week. Newman ground Game is better so this could impact Windors ability to throw. We shall see.

personally will be cheering for newman but always pulling for coach Cronin who is a class act.
This is the game I'm most looking forward to this week. I agree that these teams are pretty close. I'd give Windsor a slight edge, but wouldn't be surprised if Cardinal Newman wins

Hoping to be on the field for this one. Its going to be epic. Newman definitely has the advantage at RB but I fully expect Cronin to use his two top WRs in the run game. Hayden Anderson has plenty of experience running the football. Can't wait
Anderson Looks like a big time recruit.
Wow. Looking forward to updates. Hopefully Dave Cox does the game on ysn365

Reactions: MC415 and Sutliff26
Just found out the game has been canceled due to Covid on the Newman side. Pretty bummed we won't see this matchup.

Reactions: NCS707
Just found out the game has been canceled due to Covid on the Newman side. Pretty bummed we won't see this matchup.
Wonder what they will do to determine the league title? Play at another time or flip a coin? Only Rancho Cotate can do something about it, like beat both CN and Windsor.

Reactions: NCS707
Wonder what they will do to determine the league title? Play at another time or flip a coin? Only Rancho Cotate can do something about it, like beat both CN and Windsor.
They will reschedule. Rancho is quitely sitting at 7-1 too. Always a threat. I just really liked Newman’s chances on an expected wet and windy night. On a fast field where Windsor can spread it out I think they would be too much.

Reactions: 3Yards&ACloudOfDust
They will reschedule. Rancho is quitely sitting at 7-1 too. Always a threat. I just really liked Newman’s chances on an expected wet and windy night. On a fast field where Windsor can spread it out I think they would be too much.
Tonight might be drier, Monday may be wet. Hope it works out, I can't stand seeing kids lose games they have worked so hard for.

I think even a Tuesday game is possible with Sundays now an option.

The entire school is shut down and on zoom again. No word on anything football at the moment. But the game looks a ways off if anything.

Another possible dandy in the EBAL
Both are 6-0 (throwing out the non-league private loss.)

Things have come a long way since those 33 years of misery. Yeah, baby…believe it!

• Haha
Reactions: concrete17

I think Bill Foltmer of Middletown may be the winningest active coach in the Redwood Empire. He is approaching 300 wins.

Reactions: bella123 and MC415
I think Bill Foltmer of Middletown may be the winningest active coach in the Redwood Empire. He is approaching 300 wins.
Yeah you are right. Cronin is the second winningest coach in Sonoma County. He just passed Lloyd and is closing in on Franchi.

The days of the long time coach (Ellison, Galloway, Gondola, O’Meara, TK, Al Scott etc) are done. 10 years or so and guys are burned out. Foltmer is about the last of that era left in the RE.

Yeah you are right. Cronin is the second winningest coach in Sonoma County. He just passed Lloyd and is closing in on Franchi.

The days of the long time coach (Ellison, Galloway, Gondola, O’Meara, TK, Al Scott etc) are done. 10 years or so and guys are burned out. Foltmer is about the last of that era left in the RE.
Great post b-
Love to see that kind of shared knowledge; adds big time value to this site.

I've only seen Cronin's teams lose when they were significantly out-athleted, and still he's won more than his share against those kind of teams. All three teams Rancho, Windsor and Newman can focus on NCS playoffs. In D2 Rancho has San Ramon Valley...that's a tough matchup and one of the few where a Rancho opponent has as good or better than athletes. In D3 Windsor should be able to capture the title, anything less would be an upset. In D4 Newman has MC in their way and they have always have more athletes, but MC has been playing the slow game the last few years keeping the tough games close and trying to win it in the end.

MC hasn’t had the athletes outside that CN usually has in forever, MC never once had a receiver like Tsion in their history and they do have good size on the lines with good QB play, but when you see them play a team like Mack MC just looks lost and bewildered with lack of outside athletes…….I think CN beats MC this year in the final in a close one, u just crowd the line (like San Marin did) stop Williams and make Ingrassia run around and pretty easy to stop their offense

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT