ADVERTISEMENT

Humboldt State football is saved

This is the best news I've read in awhile. I don't think people understand how good of a football program HSU has. They have averaged 8 wins a season since 2014. There QB Robert Webber was 1st team all state at Centennial Corona. You might remember him. If he was 6"2 he would be at CAL. Heck he should have been there anyway. This gives so many kids who are very good HS players a chance to play college football and be part of something great. I didn't go to Humboldt but there are plenty of families and kids who are excited this morning.

The Grizz could have used a few more players like Shell this year. Trevor Morrison from 2008 team was also a monster hard-hitting safety. He could have played D1 IMO, but just wanted to go the student route, I think at UW.

It’s great to have a NorCal school like HSU as an option, since most other NorCal programs have folded. St. Mary’s, SC, SF St., Chico, Hayward (EB), Sonoma...

The Grizz could have used a few more players like Shell this year. Trevor Morrison from 2008 team was also a monster hard-hitting safety. He could have played D1 IMO, but just wanted to go the student route, I think at UW.

It’s great to have a NorCal school like HSU as an option, since most other NorCal programs have folded. St. Mary’s, SC, SF St., Chico, Hayward (EB), Sonoma...

Agree there are some really good high school players that don't fit the physical requirements for D1

Yup. Great highlights. I'm betting that kid in video was just a step or 2 slow and maybe a tad short for D1, but in terms of can he play... Hell yeah. Humboldt draws as well. They pack hoop games and football games. Its a great atmosphere.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT