ADVERTISEMENT

It's official.

personalogic

Hall of Famer
Feb 24, 2003
Based on my review of a wide variety of sources, including the spammed e-mails I have received over the last 90 days, I have concluded that the long awaited moment has finally arrived. I hereby declare in my official capacity that there are now more youth basketball programs than there are youth basketball players.

Based on my review of a wide variety of sources, including the spammed e-mails I have received over the last 90 days, I have concluded that the long awaited moment has finally arrived. I hereby declare in my official capacity that there are now more youth basketball programs than there are youth basketball players.
On a related topic, I had a player express concern that she is only playing for four different teams. 2 out of her 3 personal trainers were ok with that, provided that she continues to attend at least one camp per month. I told her not to worry about it, because when she's in sixth grade next year she'll probably drop soccer and that will open up another 4 days per week. It's all about thinking ahead.

On a related topic, I had a player express concern that she is only playing for four different teams. 2 out of her 3 personal trainers were ok with that, provided that she continues to attend at least one camp per month. I told her not to worry about it, because when she's in sixth grade next year she'll probably drop soccer and that will open up another 4 days per week. It's all about thinking ahead.

Is that a real story? I can't decide if it's funny or sad if it is true.

on another related note I talked to the parents of that same 5th grader that PERSONALOGIC did and her mother told me that the recruiting service they hired had told them that a "scout" had asked why her daughter wasn't starting? And why she was taken out after her 9th turnover and NOT allowed to play through her mistakes.

I think you forgot to mention that the mom said the college coaches were watching her already and this might have cost her a scholarship. She's changing teams next week ...

The joking has a hard time surpassing the reality. Last night (and this is true) I got an e-mail from the father of a 4th grade girl who was incensed because she did not make a CYO "A" team. According to the father, (1) the coach should not have been allowed to pick his own team - it should have been done by a committee (2) the coach picked no one except his daughter's friends (not true, and (3) the coach's daughter is not an "A" level player herself (completely untrue). Guess at least one 4th grader's dreams of starring in the WNBA are pretty much gone forever.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT