ADVERTISEMENT

Jake Browning and Washington stun USC!!!!

They've lost at least one game in conference the last 4 years. The Pac-12 does take academics into consideration when adding institutions, from a football perspective it makes sense, but there is more to it than that. I'd think the Big 12 would come calling long before the Pac-12.

Cool I didn't realize it's a commuter school like SJSU.

I gotta disagree on the talent Peterson had at Boise State. BSU is the premiere program by far in the Mountain West Conference and needs to be moved to the Pac13, in my opinion. Take a look at all the major conferences and even the Big Sky. Competition is fierce everywhere except BSU in the MWC.

Boise and BYU need to join. The MWC isn't that bad but Boise is too big for the conference. Navy waxed Air Force but they're still a good squad. Utah St is pretty good this season and San Jose St is good also.

They've lost at least one game in conference the last 4 years. The Pac-12 does take academics into consideration when adding institutions, from a football perspective it makes sense, but there is more to it than that. I'd think the Big 12 would come calling long before the Pac-12.

Funny cause I read somewhere the Pac 12 was to liberal to allow BYU into the conference. That's why people keep saying BYU to the BIG 12 and not the Pac. Nothing to do with athletics. So I guess they take allot of stuff into account if that's true.

Playing for SJSU full ride :) and also playing for a state championship once again. In the open division nonetheless

Good for you. San Jose St looks good. Put Oregon St and Auburn to the test. Just need to keep building and recruiting. Their running back Tyler Ervin is no joke.

Boise and BYU need to join. The MWC isn't that bad but Boise is too big for the conference. Navy waxed Air Force but they're still a good squad. Utah St is pretty good this season and San Jose St is good also.

I'm a big fan of MWC throw in SDSU UNLV Reno and CSU. Very competitive conference. Maybe make Boise an independent like BYU?

I'm a big fan of MWC throw in SDSU UNLV Reno and CSU. Very competitive conference. Maybe make Boise an independent like BYU?

Yeah, Boise should move along at this point in football. Problem is their move would be football only and that makes things tough. Coaches are trying to force Notre Dame into a conference so I doubt Boise would even try it. Nevada has a good coach, they just need talent. CSU is usually decent. UNLV may be on there way with the new coach. He may be able to get kids to Vegas. SDSU is decent.

BYU is trying their hardest to join a conference. I guess there is a sticking point on tv rights or something.

Yeah, Boise should move along at this point in football. Problem is their move would be football only and that makes things tough. Coaches are trying to force Notre Dame into a conference so I doubt Boise would even try it. Nevada has a good coach, they just need talent. CSU is usually decent. UNLV may be on there way with the new coach. He may be able to get kids to Vegas. SDSU is decent.

BYU is trying their hardest to join a conference. I guess there is a sticking point on tv rights or something.

Is this Polian's second or third season in Reno? They are feeling the loss of quarterback Cody Fajardo and defensive end Brock Hekking. I like what Sanchez is doing in Vegas. Even more competitive is the 13 team Big Sky Conference.

Last edited:
Is this Polian's second or third season in Reno? They are feeling the loss of quarterback Cody Fajardo. I like what Sanchez is doing in Vegas.

3rd. Yeah, they miss Cody. Rumor is that Polian thought he would be getting attention from bigger schools by now. Since Nevada is taking a step back that isn't happening. Could just be people making stuff up though.

If UNLV beats San Jose St that would say allot. San Jose St is solid this season.

3rd. Yeah, they miss Cody. Rumor is that Polian thought he would be getting attention from bigger schools by now. Since Nevada is taking a step back that isn't happening. Could just be people making stuff up though.

If UNLV beats San Jose St that would say allot. San Jose St is solid this season.

I'm less than impressed with renos recruiting practices.

Reactions: mshNASTY
I think you may have mentioned something like that a while back . Did they pull a offer from a kid late or something like that?

Offered kid early in the process. Kid tried to commit in July told kid they needed to see more film. In late January offered kid blue shirt kid said pound sand and took a different offer.

Is Jake Browning not the starting QB for the Washington Huskies? ;)

Some of you guy's are unbelievable lol

So many of you get SOOOOO mad when he or Folsom is even mentioned. Go look at how many views are on this thread and the one I posted yesterday about the USA Today article on Folsom.

I think its quite awesome ;)

I agree, for a Freshman QB to go out and do his job and get a W against a program like USC is a huge deal and big confidence boost for the kid.

Reactions: G61
Cool I didn't realize it's a commuter school like SJSU.
They are trying to bring in a larger Greek system in the hopes of enticing more students to come from far and wide. Problem is, they have no place to put the houses.

I start on the best team in California. How wouldn't I start on the 10th best team?
2nd best team according to Trinity High School in Texas.

You would be second string on our team. IF you could make it at our school academically ;)

Lol, SC is fools gold. G61 acting like its a shocker, Petersen is a damn good coach who won big at Boise with no kind of talent. I dont care is Washington is Freshman heavy, they've got far more talent on their rosters than any of Petersen's Boise teams.
Yeah and that fool is Steve Sarkisian. And remember they are in the first year after 3 years of crippling sanctions. They played with 53 scholarship players at times, when the limit is 85. This year they started with 75 instead of 85.Not excusing the loss, but that's a very talented roster. They had the #1 recruiting class in the nation last year.They've been far too good of a program over the years to be called fools gold

Just more of the same old thing. No matter who Browning or Washington beats, you will say they are "not that good" or "overrated." Ridiculous.

50 plus freshman went into the Rose Bowl last night about beat a ranked team on the road with a true freshman QB.

Rosen choked AT HOME to unranked Arizona St and nobody said a word. Not to mention his team is AN ARM AND A LEG better than Washington. But hey, at least his QB rating was solid :)

Last night was a huge win. Washington is going to be a force in the not so distant force.

Haters gonna hate ;)

Hahahaha....oh boy, you're starting to reach Kanye West levels of insecurity. Is Browning your son? Father? Idol? Sure seems like it.

You want my honest opinion on Folsom Football and Jake Browning so you can stop making an ass out of u and me? Here it is buddy:

I think Browning is the best prep QB I've ever seen. It helps that he had Troy Taylor mentoring him since before he could wipe his own ass which is why he was game ready going into college. Its also funny that you mention Josh Rosen as I've been one of the people saying Browning is better than Rosen to begin with so I don't quite understand what you were trying to prove with that one.

That said, cut all the BS out about Folsom being anywhere near as good as De La Salle. They're not. Never have been and never will be. You all played the games and you guys got the sides of your heads caved in.

Would Folsom have beaten Trinity this year? Sure. As would have Centennial and about 15 other school in the state. Trinity and Texas High School football are nothing special. De La Salle beat themselves in getting away from the formula that works. Coach Lad teams were all fire, no flash. Plain and simply put, if Alumbaugh doesn't try to make chicken salad out of chicken shit right before halftime and just runs the ball, De La Salle doesn't hand Trinity 7 points and they win the game.

I don't care if Taylor and Richardson called trying to schedule De La Salle a few months after DLS raped them for the 2nd time in as many tries. You know who did answer the call though? Clayton Valley. A team you barely squeaked by DESPITE having one Tim Murphy's former assistants on The Folsom staff who handed Richardson a copy for Murphy's playbook. Brag all you want about being the best team in the state. The stats tell me Folsom would have trouble being the second best team in The City of Concord lol.

Folsom is a great team and i wont discredit their success. But they're not De La Salle no matter how much they wish they were.

Hahahaha....oh boy, you're starting to reach Kanye West levels of insecurity. Is Browning your son? Father? Idol? Sure seems like it.

You want my honest opinion on Folsom Football and Jake Browning so you can stop making an ass out of u and me? Here it is buddy:

I think Browning is the best prep QB I've ever seen. It helps that he had Troy Taylor mentoring him since before he could wipe his own ass which is why he was game ready going into college. Its also funny that you mention Josh Rosen as I've been one of the people saying Browning is better than Rosen to begin with so I don't quite understand what you were trying to prove with that one.

That said, cut all the BS out about Folsom being anywhere near as good as De La Salle. They're not. Never have been and never will be. You all played the games and you guys got the sides of your heads caved in.

Would Folsom have beaten Trinity this year? Sure. As would have Centennial and about 15 other school in the state. Trinity and Texas High School football are nothing special. De La Salle beat themselves in getting away from the formula that works. Coach Lad teams were all fire, no flash. Plain and simply put, if Alumbaugh doesn't try to make chicken salad out of chicken shit right before halftime and just runs the ball, De La Salle doesn't hand Trinity 7 points and they win the game.

I don't care if Taylor and Richardson called trying to schedule De La Salle a few months after DLS raped them for the 2nd time in as many tries. You know who did answer the call though? Clayton Valley. A team you barely squeaked by DESPITE having one Tim Murphy's former assistants on The Folsom staff who handed Richardson a copy for Murphy's playbook. Brag all you want about being the best team in the state. The stats tell me Folsom would have trouble being the second best team in The City of Concord lol.

Folsom is a great team and i wont discredit their success. But they're not De La Salle no matter how much they wish they were.
You put a lot of time and energy into that post.

At least we got a "Jake Browning is the best prep QB I have ever seen." I couldn't agree more ;)

I don't care who you think is "greater." The bottom line is DLS ducked Folsom when the game would have been the MOST competitive. They even went as far as to schedule teams in Folsom's league, right down the street, and still not play Folsom.

Are they THAT scared of losing to a Norcal team? You tell me...It sure looks that way :)

2nd best team in Concord? Interesting. Some of the DLS peeps are not trying to claim Concord. They claim that since they are on the "border," that they really should be considered in Walnut Creek. A little insecure eh? ;)

If Folsom is NO WHERE NEAR AS GOOD as DLS, then why not schedule them? Why not pick up the phone? Why travel to Granite Bay (10 miles away from Folsom) and not travel to Folsom?
You tell me. You seem to be the expert. And don't give me this, "they smoked you in 2012 and 2013!" That is old. That was a completely different team, stacked with underclassman. That's like saying the 49ers won't play the Cardinals this year because in 2013 they smoked them. C'mon man!!! LOL

Until next time... :):)

You put a lot of time and energy into that post.

If Folsom is NO WHERE NEAR AS GOOD as DLS, then why not schedule them? Why not pick up the phone?

Maybe because Folsom was nowhere near as good as DLS?

But Granite Bay and Del Oro are? ;););););)

You have said it is about the match up. DLS matches up quite well against Folsom, as has been demonstrated beyond any doubt of any kind.

Del Oro obviously is a multi-year agreement, so that series continues. And GB perhaps to see if the match up results in good competition.

There are only so many games that can be scheduled, and I assume more programs wanting to play DLS than there are games available. They can't make everyone happy.;)

You have said it is about the match up. DLS matches up quite well against Folsom, as has been demonstrated beyond any doubt of any kind.

Del Oro obviously is a multi-year agreement, so that series continues. And GB perhaps to see if the match up results in good competition.

There are only so many games that can be scheduled, and I assume more programs wanting to play DLS than there are games available. They can't make everyone happy.;)
So we can't have a muli-year agreement but Del Oro can? We blew them out the last 2 years, along with Granite Bay. What are they hiding from? Still makes ZERO sense.

I guess there is only room for so many "cupcakes" on one schedule? Why schedule a powerhouse from Norcal if you don't need to? It's much sexier playing the powerhouse teams from Socal ;)

So we can't have a muli-year agreement but Del Oro can? We blew them out the last 2 years, along with Granite Bay. What are they hiding from? Still makes ZERO sense.

I guess there is only room for so many "cupcakes" on one schedule? Why schedule a powerhouse from Norcal if you don't need to? It's much sexier playing the powerhouse teams from Socal ;)

You know I can only guess.

DLS played Folsom twice, at the end of Folsom's seasons, when Folsom was at its best. Neither game was competitive. The match up was not good for Folsom. The style of DLS play was not good for Folsom. DLS defense was not good for Folsom. These are not jabs. They are just the facts.

Folsom had its chance, twice, at the end of the year when Folsom (and DLS) was at its best.

Again, this is just a guess. For DLS it could be a "been there, done that" thing.

Maybe if Folsom had made the games a little more competitive ...;)

I wonder if they were thinking on their drive to Granite Bay....Man
You know I can only guess.

DLS played Folsom twice, at the end of Folsom's seasons, when Folsom was at its best. Neither game was competitive. The match up was not good for Folsom. The style of DLS play was not good for Folsom. DLS defense was not good for Folsom. These are not jabs. They are just the facts.

Folsom had its chance, twice, at the end of the year when Folsom (and DLS) was at its best.

Again, this is just a guess. For DLS it could be a "been there, done that" thing.

Maybe if Folsom had made the games a little more competitive ...;)
New flash- Those games were 2012 and 2013. ALL underclassman.

As I have said before- That is like the 2015 49ers refusing to play the Arizona Cardinals because they blew them out 2 years ago. Makes no sense. The teams are completely different now :)

Still duckin......

clear-38383d2f800ebba7d07a74d5990e2ea0.gif

It's a small sample size and tough to compare competition but Bret Rypien looks like the best true freshman quarterback to me so far.

It's a small sample size and tough to compare competition but Bret Rypien looks like the best true freshman quarterback to me so far.
Let's wait until Browning isn't playing with 53 freshman on one team. Then we can judge ;)

Let's wait until Browning isn't playing with 53 freshman on one team. Then we can judge ;)

I know, its early. Rypien is no joke though. His arm is nice. This season there are probably more starting true freshman qb's than ever. Seems like they are coming out of high school ready to go.

Reactions: G61
I know, its early. Rypien is no joke though. His arm is nice. This season there are probably more starting true freshman qb's than ever. Seems like they are coming out of high school ready to go.
Agreed. Many of these powerhouse HS programs are already running sophisticated offenses and prepare these QBs for D1 out the gate!

Although I hope they meet in the future, we should all be a bit sad we never saw these two titans go head to head last year. It would have been a treat for EVERYONE ;)

Yes that game would have been fun to watch. But, this board would have suffered; your "Folsom is second best for the third year in a row!" posts would have been dull and boring. ;)

The MWC has yanked BYU's chain regarding the Cougars desire to get (home) rights for exclusiveness on BYUtv as they get in hoops and other sports. They wouldn't even release football rebroadcasts to Provo! The WCC is a very good fit for BYU in every sport (excepting FB as the "church league" doesn't have it) in most competitive senses. BYU already has 38 future FB contracts from Power 5 schools, and ESPN doesn't sign those contracts loosely. Other conferences probably are not interested in satisfying the no Sunday clause.

Yes that game would have been fun to watch. But, this board would have suffered; your "Folsom is second best for the third year in a row!" posts would have been dull and boring. ;)
You sound more and more like one of the local bitter fans in regards to Folsom...

Who exactly is your team and what score did we pound you by? ;)

The MWC has yanked BYU's chain regarding the Cougars desire to get (home) rights for exclusiveness on BYUtv as they get in hoops and other sports. They wouldn't even release football rebroadcasts to Provo! The WCC is a very good fit for BYU in every sport (excepting FB as the "church league" doesn't have it) in most competitive senses. BYU already has 38 future FB contracts from Power 5 schools, and ESPN doesn't sign those contracts loosely. Other conferences probably are not interested in satisfying the no Sunday clause.

If the Big 12 is forced to add a title game then I see them budging and working with BYU. The no Sundays should be a non issue. They don't play on that day so the Big 12 would sign off on it if it benefited them. ESPN and future games is an issue.

You sound more and more like one of the local bitter fans in regards to Folsom...

Who exactly is your team and what score did we pound you by? ;)

I have been clear regarding my respect for the Folsom program and players. Both have earned respect. You ... well ... I enjoy responding to your over-the-top claims. It is simply fun for me.

My team ... Folsom played them twice, in 2012 and 2013. The "pounding" happened the other way. That is nothing to be ashamed of. Folsom has done very well the past few years, and finished last year as what, the number 3 team in the state? Or was it number 2? Either way, a fantastic accomplishment that deserves praise and respect!

So your name is mvsact and your team is DLS?

Something smells fishy here...

And rankings are just that...rankings.

We all saw what Trinity thought of your ranking. They did with it, just as what we would have done with it. Shred it.

Folsom.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT