ADVERTISEMENT

Jake Browning

No Deebo = loss......Purdy couldnt save them....
It was more Trent Williams , he threw for plenty of yards against the Vikings and bengals they moved the ball with their limited possessions, problem was they became one dimensional and couldn’t run at all without Trent and abandoned the run and stopped their big play action game

No Deebo = loss......Purdy couldnt save them....
Purdy Did have them in position for a GW 41 yd FG against Cleveland and the Kicker missed…..

But I do agree that Deebo is the X factor in the offense…. He completely changes the way you have to defend the Niners….

Reactions: PatCarrillo
This thread has turned into 49ers haters lol. It must drive you guys crazy to see the best team in the league get bailed out for the Trey lance pick only to get the cheapest and most productive qb in the league.

The 49ers never looked this good with Jimmy g. That’s just a fact. Purdy is already a top 10 qb in the league and no team wants to see the niners in the playoffs because they know in their hearts they aren’t as good. Niners have superior players, coaching, and now have a qb with moxy and a very high iq.

I will end with im looking forward to watching Purdy vs Browning in the super bowl. Should be a barn burner.
Sounds like Brock Purdy falls somewhere in between Trent Dilfer and Tom Brady on this board! 😆. His best attribute is that he isn’t Colin Kaepernick!

Loved seeing Jake Browning getting his opportunity to shine. Like Purdy, the guy has the right mindset and composure to be a solid NFL starter. Those attributes are hard to come by, even in the NFL.

Our boy Jake was having another hell of a game today but unfortunately he just injured his thumb. Really hope it’s just a dislocation…

Yeah those perfect darts in stride all system dependent lol clowns

The only thing “clownish” is not recognizing or acknowledging how different Purdy looked and how limited he was when Trent Williams, CMC, and Deebo were out. It sure wasn’t good.

Purdy, like many NFL QB’s, is only as good as his surrounding talent (and time in the pocket) allows him to be. He’s nowhere near talented or good enough to overcome key injuries or a dearth of surrounding talent as truly elite QB’s such as Patrick Mahomes, John Elway, or Dan Marino can and could.

Further, you guys have short memories, as Jimmy Garappolo played really well and won a lot of games with essentially the same cast minus CMC. That should be your first clue that Shanahan’s “system” and more importantly the surrounding talent is setup and in place for any decent-to-good QB to succeed in. Your second clue should be Matt Ryan’s career before Shanahan then after.

If you can’t recognize that a majority of QB’s starting in the NFL today could perform as well (or better) in that offense, it seriously impugns your knowledge of the game and/or showcases an impressive level of naivete and bias.

Forget Mahomes, Allen, Herbert, Burrow, Rodgers, Lawrence, Jackson, and Hurts — the likes of Stroud, Goff, Prescott, Watson, Love, Cousins, Tua, Stafford, Wilson, and Murray could ALL lead that Niners offense equally as well (and several of them would do so more impressively).

But by all means continue believing that the blind clown isn’t you.

I think the truth lies somewhere in between. IMHO, Purdy is already a better overall QB than Jimmy G, at his best. And Purdy hasn’t reached his pinnacle. While I agree that Purdy heavily benefits from Shanahan’s scheme and the incredible surrounding cast the 9ers have, I also think Purdy deserves credit. I can already see improvement in his pocket confidence (something I think he really lacked early on- but rarely had to deal with it).
While Purdy may be in line for some MVP votes, he is NOT the most valuable player in the league, let alone his own team. he’s not the type of player who is going to create “something from nothing” very often like a Josh Allen, Patrick Mahoney or Lamar Jackson; but if he continues improving, I believe he could end up in a small group of a top tier passers. Maybe in the mold of a Stafford like player.

The term stystem quarterback is kind of over blown. Every QB needs a good system and talent around them to thrive. The great ones are less dependent on it but even a guy like Mahomes has one of the best offensive minds in Reed and an all time great at tight end.

The real measure of a QB is if they can keep winning once they get the big paycheck. It is much easier to build a roster when the QB salary cap number is low (Purdy’s current situation) compared to a QB on a big contract (Josh Allen for example)

Reactions: mrbig864
The only thing “clownish” is not recognizing or acknowledging how different Purdy looked and how limited he was when Trent Williams, CMC, and Deebo were out. It sure wasn’t good.

Purdy, like many NFL QB’s, is only as good as his surrounding talent (and time in the pocket) allows him to be. He’s nowhere near talented or good enough to overcome key injuries or a dearth of surrounding talent as truly elite QB’s such as Patrick Mahomes, John Elway, or Dan Marino can and could.

Further, you guys have short memories, as Jimmy Garappolo played really well and won a lot of games with essentially the same cast minus CMC. That should be your first clue that Shanahan’s “system” and more importantly the surrounding talent is setup and in place for any decent-to-good QB to succeed in. Your second clue should be Matt Ryan’s career before Shanahan then after.

If you can’t recognize that a majority of QB’s starting in the NFL today could perform as well (or better) in that offense, it seriously impugns your knowledge of the game and/or showcases an impressive level of naivete and bias.

Forget Mahomes, Allen, Herbert, Burrow, Rodgers, Lawrence, Jackson, and Hurts — the likes of Stroud, Goff, Prescott, Watson, Love, Cousins, Tua, Stafford, Wilson, and Murray could ALL lead that Niners offense equally as well (and several of them would do so more impressively).

But by all means continue believing that the blind clown isn’t you.
So in Pat Mahomes 1st season of Starting he lost 4 games, he had a great HOF coach and was Surrounded by great players was anyone calling him a System QB or doubting his abilities?….. no because he was a First round pick…..

If you can’t see the talent Purdy has, the way he moves around the pocket, throws the deep ball and drops dimes all over the field, runs the offense and leads the team, then you are the one that lacks credibility in your analysis of watching QB’s play…. No one goes Undefeated in the NFL, everyone loses a few games each year no matter how good they are….

You are just another in a long line of Haters who can’t get over the fact that Purdy was the last pick in the draft and everyone whiffed on him…..

Purdy is 23 years old, he was 8-1 last year (Not including the Miami Game where he came in down 7-0 and led them to a dominant win), and 11-3 this year after coming back from major surgery on his throwing elbow…..

But no, this Dude is somehow not “Special”…. 🤣

But hey, no one thought Joe Montana or Tom Brady were “Special” either and everyone else had more talent, etc, so it doesn’t matter what Haters like you think…. All that matters is what his team thinks about him and Niner fans, and we all Luv Purdy!!!…

Reactions: FormerD1Backer
A Niners' irony: Like every other NFL front office, SF's passed on Purdy right up to its final pick in the draft. They luck.ed out. Just like the Patriots with Brady. So don't feel bad. Even the brainiacs who assemble NFL rosters have found themselves stunned by Purdy (Brady Redux) and his success. Drafting QB's is too often a crapshoot.

Reactions: THEOC89
Looks like the NFL has found Purdy.......4 pics? the most since Krapernick

After discovering a long-term acquaintance was a diehard, no bars held UDUB fan, I prompted him on the all-time best QBs for the Huskies. I didn't prompt beyond that ask. Guess what name never surfaced? Nevertheless I wish the best for one of our NorCal favorites.

After discovering a long-term acquaintance was a diehard, no bars held UDUB fan, I prompted him on the all-time best QBs for the Huskies. I didn't prompt beyond that ask. Guess what name never surfaced? Nevertheless I wish the best for one of our NorCal favorites.
Off the top of my head, I would guess Moon, Brunell and Huard would be some of the top ones.

Little curious it didn't come up since he helped guide them to a CFP appearance. But Washington does have a pretty good line of quarterbacks

Are you gonna leave us guessing or what? lol

• Haha
Reactions: bella123
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT