ADVERTISEMENT

Jamari Phillips chooses Arizona Wildcats!

M.C. fan

Sports Fanatic
Gold Member
Jun 1, 2022

Jamari Phillips, a four-star shooting guard in the class of 2024, has committed to Arizona.
The 6-foot-2 prospect out of Modesto (Calif.) Christian chose the Wildcats over offers from UCLA, USC, Kansas, Illinois, Oregon, Kansas State, and others.
Phillips is the first prospect to commit to Tommy Lloyd in the class of 2024. He ranks as the No. 27 overall prospect in the On3 Consensus — the average ranking from all four major recruiting media companies (ESPN, 247Sports, Rivals, On3).

Phillips on his commitment to Arizona​

Phillips is only halfway through his junior year of high school but while on an official visit over the weekend in Tucson, he decided to make the early pledge to the Wildcats.
“I chose Arizona because they fit me and I fit them,” Phillips said. “I believe in the coaching staff and they believe in me. I can see myself going there and being really successful in that program. I know it’s going to feel like home.
“When it’s my time to come in, I’m going to make the best of it and really go after it.”
Jamari Phillips has a message for Arizona fans.

“I’m coming to turn up the city!”

2024 Four-Star Jamari Phillips sets official visit to Arizona​

Joe Tipton•12/06/22
Article written by:
On3 image
Joe Tipton
TiptonEdits
Jamari Phillips
Jamari Phillips (Photo by Brian Rothmuller/Icon Sportswire via Getty Images)
Jamari Phillips, a 6-foot-3 shooting guard in the class of 2024, will be officially visiting the University of Arizona on the weekend of December 17th.
The trip was originally scheduled for February but was moved up. Carter Bryant, a top-15 prospect in the 2024 class, will also be in Tucson the same weekend. The two are AAU teammates, playing for Paul George Elite on the EYBL circuit.
The Wildcats offered Phillips a scholarship in early November. UCLA, Kansas State, Louisville, Oregon, LSU, Kansas, USC, and others have extended offers to the California native.
UCLA is the only other school that’s hosted Phillips on a visit. He’s mentioned in the past that the Bruins were his dream school, but added he will “keep my options open and see what’s the best situation for me.”
The Modesto (Calif.) Christian guard ranks as the 27th overall prospect in the country according to the On3 Consensus — the average ranking from all four major recruiting media companies.

Phillips talks his game​

“I can shoot the ball very well, at a high rate and I can let it fly,” said Phillips. “I’m a good facilitator as well and can get my teammates open, help them get shots off and get them going. I can handle the rock very well, even under pressure defense and I don’t lose focus on plays. I kind of study the reads on certain situations. I’m a good, all-around team player.”

Jamari Phillips is known for being a shooter. While that is true, he’s more than that. He’s a quick, shifty guard that finds his teammates with fast, accurate passes. He’s a two-way player, with solid defensive instincts. One thing for certain is… Phillips isn’t afraid to let it fly, as he mentioned, but he can also get to the free-throw line.

Big get for Arizona. Seemed like UCLA was the favorite for Phillips.

Arizona Looks fantastic and is really on the upswing.
Can’t think of a better place on the WC.
If campo is the best team in norcal this year than basketball is way down. I think they are a top 5 but no better.
Go watch peja kid play if you want see a future pro. Phillips will likely be same player as a senior he was as a soph. 6”2 tweeer who peaked as a holdback. Script been written so many times.

THIS YOU DOGG?

If campo is the best team in norcal this year than basketball is way down. I think they are a top 5 but no better.
Go watch peja kid play if you want see a future pro. Phillips will likely be same player as a senior he was as a soph. 6”2 tweeer who peaked as a holdback. Script been written so many times.

THIS YOU DOGG?
You should remain silent as you have nothing of value to say and it is detrimental to your credibility. Jamari turned 16 in October as a Junior. Modesto Christian is Nor-Cal top team, how is Stuart Hall doing?

You should remain silent as you have nothing of value to say and it is detrimental to your credibility. Jamari turned 16 in October as a Junior. Modesto Christian is Nor-Cal top team, how is Stuart Hall doing?
i have no clue what stuart hall is doing. i dont know him. i never questioned how old jamari is or when is birth month is.

• Haha
Reactions: bella123
UCLA is better IMO. Far better academically as well. Good luck to the young man
Arizona in terms of basketball is ranked higher than UCLA at #5. UCLA a great school might have not been as good as fit for Jamari.

Reactions: remc
Arizona in terms of basketball is ranked higher than UCLA at #5. UCLA a great school might have not been as good as fit for Jamari.
True, recently though UCLA has done better in the NCAA Tournament, and they're integrating some talented newcomers into their lineup. Had a couple of nice road wins over Maryland and Kentucky recently. I like Mick Cronins approach with team defense. I think they'll have another nice Tourney run this year too

Reactions: M.C. fan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT