ADVERTISEMENT

JSERRA (CA) over MILTON (GA) 17-14 (FINAL)

JSerra Capistrano - Milton appears to be down this year and yet this was a close game.

I didn’t know Serra SJC was considered a good team.Never heard of them being a power in SoCal.
They are usually pretty good. And they are a part of the Trinity league - think of top half of WCAL on steroids.

They are usually pretty good. And they are a part of the Trinity league - think of top half of WCAL on steroids.
Oh, ok, didn’t know that. Seems I’ve heard of MD, Servite, Santa Margarita, Bosco, just not them. Man that’s a tough lineup

Reactions: FBAddict

I saw the second half of that game. Milton handed it to JSerra on a silver platter by going for it on 4th deep in their own territory in the 4th. The game was tied at the time and JSerra stopped them. It was an easy score from there.

The speed difference in that game vs Mater Dei/St. Frances was huge. At no time did I ever remotely think “JSerra may be the 4th best team in California”, as Cal-Hi currently has them.

I didn’t know Serra SJC was considered a good team.Never heard of them being a power in SoCal.

It’s only been recent that they’ve started catching some of the more perennially good SS D-I teams. Good, but nowhere near the level as the state top 3, or even Folsom.

Boys from georgia and the east coast dont know yet. But the system is rigged against them. Props to DLS with their building of chemistry from freshman onward. Down here, theres no chemistry strong enough vs guys everywhere runnin fo fo.

Boys from georgia and the east coast dont know yet. But the system is rigged against them. Props to DLS with their building of chemistry from freshman onward. Down here, theres no chemistry strong enough vs guys everywhere runnin fo fo.
Oh, I’m sure they’ve got their share of questionable practices down there. The way football is revered below the Mason Dixon line?My buddy from Ga lived out here(Bay Area) for 40 years. Moved back down there 4 years ago. We used to go watch a lot of DLS games. He’s got some interesting anecdotes from down there

Was that Gardena Serra or San Juan Capistrano Serra?
Yes, it's the "San Juan Capistrano" one. Word is they're taking a page from MD and SJB in regards to transfers. JSerra has been very good for a few years now. Earlier this year they knocked off Utah's power East in Salt Lake City. The Lions play in the brutal Trinity league with SJB, MD, Orange Lutheran, Servite and Santa Margarita. The mantra being, "The Trinity League vs USA"... At the moment, I see JSerra being a tier below MD and SJB. However, they're just a few blue chip players away from being competitive with the two top teams in the Trinity.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT