ADVERTISEMENT

Junkie's Regional Game Predictions

FootballJunkie101

Hall of Famer
Oct 3, 2017
CHEROKEE COUNTY
1AA: Central @ Folsom
Home field advantage plays huge in this game.
Folsom over Central 45-35

1A: Pittsburg @Granite Bay
Pitt has scored 7, 16 and 14 points in their last three games. Mind you those teams are not as sound as Granite Bay defensively. I believe it will be very hard for the Pirates to win @ Granite Bay with their offense.
Granite Bay over Pittsburg 14-7

2AA: Serra @ Tulare Union
Tulare Union has the best back in the Regional playoffs in Kazmeir Allen. They also have a solid offense but haven't played anyone of Serra's caliber. Serra should win by 3 scores.
Serra over Tulare Union 42-21

2A: St Francis @ Manteca
This game is lined up to be the best game in the Regional's. Manteca has a high powered offense while St. Francis defense can be tough as nails. I'll give St. Francis the nod in this game.
St. Francis over Manteca 28-24

3AA: Marin Catholic @ Shasta
I've been critical of Marin Catholic all season because of their SOS. Now that they've beaten a few of the big dogs I've changed my tune on them. Shasta will keep this game close with their run game. At the end I see MC winning a very contested game @ Shasta.
Marin Catholic over Shasta 24-21

3A: Sutter @ HMB
I've been calling this game a Sutter blowout Triple AAA style. After reviewing both teams on film I see this game being a 3 score win by Sutter. I've been running with HMB all year but now it's time to jump off the train.
Sutter over HMB 42-21

4AA: Placer @ Salinas
Both teams have a common opponent in Aptos. The difference is Aptos lost a close game to Placer on the road and lost at home to a Salinas team that's taking their game to a higher level than any team playing.
Salinas over Placer 35-21

4A: Milpitas @ Campolindo
Rematches are usually not fun for either team involved in a rematch but this one will be full of laughter after Milpitas beats the breaks off Campo. A few years back Campo fielded a very good team not so much this year. On the other hand Milpitas has a very talented and physical team in which they will take the loss to Salinas out on Campo.
Milipitas over Campo 42-21

5AA: McClymonds @ East Nicoluas
McClymonds has been left out of my Elite 25 because of their SOS. Blowing out a very good East Nicoluas program would garner Mack a spot into my Elite 25. It won't be easy because East Nicoluas has a solid program and they'll be looking for some respect and revenge from last years loss to Mack.
McClymonds over EN 34-28

5A: Bear River @ Fortuna
Bear River has been seriously battled tested in the SJS playoffs while Fortuna has played a much softer schedule in the NCS playoffs. I'm a true believer that the team with a better SOS should beat a team with a softer one. Even though I believe Fortuna will give the Bruins a helluva fight on their soil I don't see them winning this game.
Bear River over Fortuna 31-27

6AA: St Patrick's @ Strathmore
Boy this is the easiest game on the slate. At the end of this game "Ole Strath" will be saying, "speed is your friend". Yes, yes, yes, St. Pat's will win this game in the first half if not the first quarter. Too much speed baby!
St. Patrick's over Strathmore 44-13

6A: Galileo @ Rio Vista
Wow! I didn't think I would find an easier game than St. Pat's but I've found it here folks. This will be a serious knock out by Rio Vista in the first quarter of this contest. I will say it here first. Rio Vista will have a 3 score lead after the first quarter. And they will win this game by at least 5 scores.
Rio Vista over Galileo 49-14.

Good luck to all participants and wishing a injury free weekend to all involved.
"The Junkie" has spoken.

Last edited:
]1AA: Central @ Folsom
Folsom over Central 49-35

Granite Bay over Pittsburg 20-14

Serra over Tulare Union 37-22

Manteca over SF 23-19

Marin Catholic over Shasta 41-38

Sutter over HMB 24-21

Salinas over Placer 28-21

Milipitas over Campo 35-21

McClymonds over EN 20-14

Fortuna over BR 37-29

St. Patrick's over Strathmore 49-21

Rio Vista over Galileo 41-12

Reactions: FootballJunkie101

Pitt has scored 7, 16 and 14 points in their last three games. Mind you those teams are not as sound as Granite Bay defensively. I believe it will be very hard for the Pirates to win @ Granite Bay with their offense.

Tulare Union has the best back in the Regional playoffs in Kazmeir Allen. They also have a solid offense but haven't played anyone of Serra's caliber. Serra should win by 3 scores.

This game is lined up to be the best game in the Regional's. Manteca has a high powered offense while St. Francis defense can be tough as nails. I'll give St. Francis the nod in this game.

I've been critical of Marin Catholic all season because of their SOS. Now that they've beaten a few of the big dogs I've changed my tune on them. Shasta will keep this game close with their run game. At the end I see MC winning a very contested game @ Shasta.

I've been calling this game a Sutter blowout Triple AAA style. After reviewing both teams on film I see this game being a 3 score win by Sutter. I've been running with HMB all year but now it's time to jump off the train.
Sutter over HMB 42-21

Both teams have a common opponent in Aptos. The difference is Aptos lost a close game to Placer on the road and lost at home to a Salinas team that's taking their game to a higher level than any team playing.

Rematches are usually not fun for either team involved in a rematch but this one will be full of laughter after Milpitas beats the breaks off Campo. A few years back Campo fielded a very good team not so much this year. On the other hand Milpitas has a very talented and physical team in which they will take the loss to Salinas out on Campo.

McClymonds has been left out of my Elite 25 because of their SOS. Blowing out a very good East Nicoluas program would garner Mack a spot into my Elite 25. It won't be easy because East Nicoluas has a solid program and they'll be looking for some respect and revenge from last years loss to Mack.
McClymonds over EN 34-28

Bear River has been seriously battled tested in the SJS playoffs while Fortuna has played a much softer schedule in the NCS playoffs. I'm a true believer that the team with a better SOS should beat a team with a softer one. Even though I believe Fortuna will give the Bruins a helluva fight on their soil I don't see them winning this game.

Boy this is the easiest game on the slate. At the end of this game "Ole Strath" will be saying, "speed is your friend". Yes, yes, yes, St. Pat's will win this game in the first half if not the first quarter. Too much speed baby!

Wow! I didn't think I would find an easier game than St. Pat's but I've found it here folks. This will be a serious knock out by Rio Vista in the first quarter of this contest. I will say it here first. Rio Vista will have a 3 score lead after the first quarter. And they will win this game by at least 5 scores.

Good luck to all participants and wishing a injury free weekend to all involved.
"The Junkie" has spoken.

Sutter over HMB 42-21

McClymonds over EN 34-28

"The Junkie" has spoken.
Here is the way I see the Regional games
FRIDAY NIGHT 7:30 Dec. 8
D3-AA Marin Catholic at Shasta (Redding)...MC is 12-0 and the Wolves are 11-1...MC's passing attack, plus a good pass defense should be enough to take down Shasta......Marin catholic 31 Shasta 24
D%-AA McClymonds 12-0 at 13-0 East Nicolaus....Mac has lots of speed, but so does the Spartans, this game will be decided by the line play.
7:30 P.M....East Nicoaus 35 McClymonds 26
D6-AA.....St.Pat/St.vincent 11-1 at Strathmore 14-0....The Bruins speed is deadly and the line play is strong... 7:30 P.M. St. Pat/St.Vincent 41 Strathmore 12

SAT NIGHT DEC 9
d1-a.....Pittsburg 8-2 at Granite Bay 12-2 6 P.M.....These two teams have met before, so they know what they are up against...The Pirates.held DLS to 24 points, so the defense is strong...Granit bay has plenty of every thing.
Pittsburg 17 Granite Bay 14
D4-AA.....Miliptas 11-1 at Campolindo 8-3 6 P.M.....Miliptas lost only one game to a very rugged Salinas team at 25-18...Miliptas is big and they are fast this game could be decided quick... Miliptas 39 Campolindo 24
D5-A.....Bear River 10-3 at Fortuna11-2 6 P.M....Fortuna is tough to beat on their home ground, well balanced, But so is Bear River...Fortuna 37 Bear River 27.

I like most of these picks but a couple games of interest I don't see that close.
I think Folsom hands Central a big loss. I'm going 49-21.
I also don't think Shasta is anywhere in the same league as MC. MC just came out of the brutal NCS D3. I think they roll Shasta.
I think GB wins 14-0. I'm going with a shutout. There D is amazing.

I like most of these picks but a couple games of interest I don't see that close.
I also don't think Shasta is anywhere in the same league as MC. MC just came out of the brutal NCS D3. I think they roll Shasta.
Shasta played Damonte Ranch of Reno pretty close. That was Shasta's only loss. Damonte Ranch had plenty of air power but a bit soft on run defense. They lost to Reed in the semi-final round of Nevada 4A. Reed beat both Reno and Damonte Ranch the NV 4A North title before getting ground up by Bishop Gorman. This leads me to think Shasta is going to play pretty good against MC.

Reactions: MC415
FJ101,Placer beat Aptos 21-0,Salinas beat Aptos 31-21....to say Aptos lost a close game to Placer (21-0)or 3 TD's as opposed to 31-21(1 TD and a FG) seems a little off as a comparison for a prediction on our lil strawchewers from Auburn.Placer is a young team mostly jr's and soph's,they graduate 7 or 8 sr's from a roster of 53.And lets add here that Salinas is a CCS D1 school with an enrollment of 2600,Placer is a SJS D4 with 1300,for which I still don't understand this pairing where a large D1 school and section champion falls dn to a regional bowl Div 4AA game vs a D4 section champion.Placer may be young they may be a D4 but they play hard and are well coached.......they shouldn't be underestimated....they might surprise.

Last edited:
Shasta played Damonte Ranch of Reno pretty close. That was Shasta's only loss. Damonte Ranch had plenty of air power but a bit soft on run defense. They lost to Reed in the semi-final round of Nevada 4A. Reed beat both Reno and Damonte Ranch the NV 4A North title before getting ground up by Bishop Gorman. This leads me to think Shasta is going to play pretty good against MC.

I saw Shasta section title game and they can flat out run the ball, their 3 backs are all dangerous (#9 is their Thunder back, #8 is their FB who has 2k yards and #12 is their game breaker) their passing game wasn’t any good but didnt need with their ground attack........hard to tell their pass defense because Chico QB looked terrible but Chico RB was giving them fits in the second half with huge runs so I think MC can score, but can they stop the Shasta running game???? Shasta looked really disciplined and in Redding I think this game is extremely close unless MC jumps early and makes Shasta try to throw

Reactions: championcif75
FJ101,Placer beat Aptos 21-0,Salinas beat Aptos 31-21....to say Aptos lost a close game to Placer (21-0)or 3 TD's as opposed to 31-21(1 TD and a FG) seems a little off as a comparison for a prediction on our lil strawchewers from Auburn.Placer is a young team mostly jr's and soph's,they graduate 7 or 8 sr's from a roster of 53.And lets add here that Salinas is a CCS D1 school with an enrollment of 2600,Placer is a SJS D4 with 1300,for which I still don't understand this pairing where a large D1 school and section champion falls dn to a regional bowl Div 4AA game vs a D4 section champion.Placer may be young they may be a D4 but they play hard and are well coached.......don't underestimate them,they might surprise.

Glad to see Champ around! Where ya been all season??

Granite Bay over Pittsburg 20-14

While I'm impressed with the turnaround GB has made this season, it's just so hard to know what to expect.

Sure, their defense is really good, but the offense is so average that you just don't know whether the Grizzlies will win 22-0 like last weekend or if it will be 9-7 or 7-14 (in OT) like their matchups with De Campo and Oak Ridge respectively.

The lack of offense cost them against Oak Ridge, but they managed to get away with it against DC. I can easily see this game against Pitt being similar to the game against Oak Ridge. Pitt's d-line is the strength of their team. How is GB gonna move the ball and score??

Both teams offenses may be in for a long night. It could come down to a big special teams play or defensive score.

Glad to see Champ around! Where ya been all season??
How are you Thunder?I've been local supporting the SJS especially our Hillmen,lol.What a brutal SJS D2 this yr,there are some VERY good teams from all our div's that are at home that could do major damage in these regional games and I'm sure you know them as I do.I've been watching and reading and finally decided to add my two cents......especially where Placer is concerned lol (wink).But your posts and insight are as usual.....spot on my friend,great job.But I'm here now and will post a lil.....just a lil...haha!

Reactions: ThunderRam
I'm not enamored with a team that hasn't played DLS. If Pitt D held up DLS to a 24-7 win, that says something about Pitt who defeated Vacaville two times now and defeated GB in their most recent fight. I'd say Pitt will beat GB 28-14.

Reactions: remc
FJ101,Placer beat Aptos 21-0,Salinas beat Aptos 31-21....to say Aptos lost a close game to Placer (21-0)or 3 TD's as opposed to 31-21(1 TD and a FG) seems a little off as a comparison for a prediction on our lil strawchewers from Auburn.Placer is a young team mostly jr's and soph's,they graduate 7 or 8 sr's from a roster of 53.And lets add here that Salinas is a CCS D1 school with an enrollment of 2600,Placer is a SJS D4 with 1300,for which I still don't understand this pairing where a large D1 school and section champion falls dn to a regional bowl Div 4AA game vs a D4 section champion.Placer may be young they may be a D4 but they play hard and are well coached.......they shouldn't be underestimated....they might surprise.
Hey champ, I hear ya but I seen this as a close game because it was 7-0 in the 4th quarter. Basically, it was still a toss up game in the 4th quarter on Placer's soil. That's the reason I saw this as a close win. Now had Placer scored those 21 points before the 4th quarter I would have said it was a mismatch.

On the other hand, Salinas was up on Aptos 24-14 in the 4th quarter on Aptos soil. That said, Aptos is a better team at home than they are on the road. Do I believe Placer is a bad team? heck no but I don't believe they're as strong as Salinas. And I agree with you that a CCS D1 school should not be playing a SJS D4 school. That's a crime and someone should be investigated.

While I'm impressed with the turnaround GB has made this season, it's just so hard to know what to expect.

Sure, their defense is really good, but the offense is so average that you just don't know whether the Grizzlies will win 22-0 like last weekend or if it will be 9-7 or 7-14 (in OT) like their matchups with De Campo and Oak Ridge respectively.

The lack of offense cost them against Oak Ridge, but they managed to get away with it against DC. I can easily see this game against Pitt being similar to the game against Oak Ridge. Pitt's d-line is the strength of their team. How is GB gonna move the ball and score??

Both teams offenses may be in for a long night. It could come down to a big special teams play or defensive score.
Spot on TR. I'm banking Granite Bay gets the win due to home field advantage. But you're right, we don't know how Granite Bay's going to win this game or even if they can win it. All I know is Granite Bay is going to play some sound football and at the end of the day they will leave it all on the field.

With that said, I don't know if Pitt is going to bring the offense they rolled out against Antioch, SRV and DLS. Or if they're going to bring the one they rolled out against Vacaville and Freedom. To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if Pitt wins but since they're playing in Grizzly Country I can see the Pirates going home on the late night "L" Train.

Spot on TR. I'm banking Granite Bay gets the win due to home field advantage. But you're right, we don't know how Granite Bay's going to win this game or even if they can win it. All I know is Granite Bay is going to play some sound football and at the end of the day they will leave it all on the field.
With that said, I don't know if Pitt is going to bring the offense they rolled out against Antioch, SRV and DLS. Or if they're going to bring the one they rolled out against Vacaville and Freedom. To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if Pitt wins but since they're playing in Grizzly Country I can see the Pirates going home on the late night "L" Train.
GB game vs Del Oro didn't show them making any meaningful passing game or running drive. I watched 1st half and all GB could muster were 3 FGs and they were slow sluggish. I decided not to watch 2nd half anymore. If it ended 15-0, the second half was no different than the 1st. On Saturday night, it will be like GB haven't seen the speed and athletic plays that Pitt can do. GB's kind of offense would not penetrate Pitt D and the GB defense will simply be blindsided by the speed that Pitt can muster. The 1st half will tell all how Pitt will dominate this game. See you at the games.

Folsom over Central 49-20
This game will not be close, Folsom is at a whole different level.

Pittsburg 28-7 over GB
Pittsburg is more athletic and can match the physicality of GB. GB will have a tough time getting into the endzone.

Serra over Tulare Union 63-21
The Vass and Lo show continue to roll.

SF 35-21
St. Francis looks like college team and will win this one in the trenches.

Marin Catholic over Shasta 41-38

HMB 28-21
HMB is on a mission

Salinas over Placer 42-21
Placer will struggle with the spread

I'm not enamored with a team that hasn't played DLS. If Pitt D held up DLS to a 24-7 win, that says something about Pitt who defeated Vacaville two times now and defeated GB in their most recent fight. I'd say Pitt will beat GB 28-14.
I think Pitt goes into this game pretty confident.Did a nice job defensively, and I think it will carryover into this game with Granite Bay. They feel, I’m sure, that there isn’t anything GB will show them that DLS couldn’t. I think this game Pitt uses Willy Hart’s at QB more often than they did against DLS, and his speed can be game changing.20-10 Pirates

Folsom over Central 42-35

Pittsburg over Granite Bay 17-7

Serra over Tulare 35-21

St. Francis over Manteca 28-17

Marin Catholic over Shasta 31-21

Half Moon Bay over Sutter 24-21

Salinas over Placer 28-21

Milpitas over Campolindo 35-21

East Nicolaus over McClymonds 24-21

Fortuna over Bear River 28-27

St. Pats over Strathmore 35-28

Rio Vista over Galileo 21-20

Campolindo will need a miracle if they are going to upset Milpitas like they did in 2015

Grant plays central next year so maybe they’ll be their scouting central and Folsom since they’ll now be in the same league

Folsom over Central 42-30

1A: Pittsburg @ Granite Bay

Serra over Tulare Union 42-28

2A: St. Francis @ Manteca

St. Francis over Manteca 38-28

Marin Catholic over Shasta 35-27

3A: Sutter @ Half Moon Bay

Half Moon Bay over Sutter 28-27

Salinas alum, no score predicted

Milpitas over Campolindo 42-20

5AA: McClymonds @ East Nicolaus

East Nicolaus over McClymonds 20-17

Bear River over Fortuna 34-27

6AA: St Patrick/St. Vincent @ Strathmore

St. Patrick/St. Vincent over Strathmore 38-28

Galileo over Rio Vista 42-27

I think that the CIF used Calpreps a great deal more in selecting these games than they have in any previous year. If you look at the ratings of each team, they line up pretty closely to how the divisions were determined. Even Cal-Hi stopped bashing the computer, which suggests to me that the CIF let it be known relatively early that this was going to be the case.

Although my CCS roots may be showing in these predictions, I think that the loss by Serra to Pittsburg early in the year created a cascade for the rest of the teams in the section. Although I suspect that the Padres are better than Granite Bay, it makes perfect sense not to have a rematch in D-IA. As such, some CCS teams may be playing in a division lower than where they probably should.

I think the game of the week will be Half Moon Bay vs. Sutter. I really think this could go to overtime or be decided by a late 2-point conversion attempt. Although this game is D-3A, either of these teams could be playing one of the D-3AA teams and it would make perfect sense. My prediction for this game is as much of a coin flip as anything else.

Much has been made of a D-I sized school in Salinas playing D-IV sized Placer, but I think this game is a result of two main factors. One, their computer ratings are pretty close (see first paragraph above). Second, the placement of Half Moon Bay had to be made before that of the Cowboys, due to a common opponent, Terra Nova (HMB defeated them twice, while Salinas lost an early contest to the Tigers). Injuries contributed to early losses by the Cowboys (not that I strongly think that the results would have necessarily been reversed), but the slightly undervalued (in my opinion) Calpreps rating is largely due to a weird close game with Palo Alto in the first round of the playoffs. I think the results against Los Gatos and Milpitas are much stronger indicators of where they are as a team. Placer has had a number of good wins (Aptos, Lincoln, Bear River), so I think this game should be very competitive, despite the enrollment difference.

Last edited:
Milpitas is rated 7 points higher than Campo, that doesn't sound competitively equative

[B said:
"espot,[/B] post: 183288, member: 6153"]Milpitas is rated 7 points higher than Campo, that doesn't sound competitively equative

Have followed the ratings for years' and 7 points is absolutely nothing in terms of comparison. Milpitas is not as good as their rating indicated anyway as their schedule was extremely weak, so no worries as to ratings,

Reactions: espot
Milpitas is rated 7 points higher than Campo, that doesn't sound competitively equative
Both Milpitas and Campolindo were forced into this division due to losses to the teams in the next division up. There wasn't any way for either team to be dropped any further.

Reactions: PhotoGuy_271
That's 7 points in a CA State range of 178.2 points. Calpreps ratings gives a slight advantage to Milpitas but as Rmber26 mentioned, 7 points is almost nothing.

Reactions: espot and Cal 14
How bout those Placer Hillmen,lol.SJS Div4 Placer fights back to defeat CCS Div1 Salinas on the rd 43-42 in OT.This is a good,young Placer team that doesn't stop bringing it....Congrats to Placer.
No one really gave Placer a shot in this game,I said in an earlier post somewhere (don't underestimate Placer they could surprise)and surprise they did! Best of luck to our boys from Auburn in the 4AA State Championship game next week.Go NoCal.

Last edited:
How bout those Placer Hillmen,lol.SJS Div4 Placer fights back to defeat CCS Div1 Salinas on the rd 43-42 in OT.This is a good,young Placer team that doesn't stop bringing it....Congrats to Placer.
No one really gave Placer a shot in this game,I said in an earlier post somewhere (don't underestimate Placer they could surprise)and surprise they did! Best of luck to our boys from Auburn in the 4AA State Championship game next week.Go NoCal.
champ, you called it when everyone else didn't give Placer a snowball chance in hell of beating Salinas. I watched the end of the 4th quarter on and Placer as you say are tough as nails and well coached. I love the way they sprint out of their huddle and instantly run their play once they get to the LOS with motion. That makes them hard to defend. Congrats to Placer and good luck in the State Championship game.

Last edited:

I think that the CIF used Calpreps a great deal more in selecting these games than they have in any previous year. If you look at the ratings of each team, they line up pretty closely to how the divisions were determined. Even Cal-Hi stopped bashing the computer, which suggests to me that the CIF let it be known relatively early that this was going to be the case.

Although my CCS roots may be showing in these predictions, I think that the loss by Serra to Pittsburg early in the year created a cascade for the rest of the teams in the section. Although I suspect that the Padres are better than Granite Bay, it makes perfect sense not to have a rematch in D-IA. As such, some CCS teams may be playing in a division lower than where they probably should.

I think the game of the week will be Half Moon Bay vs. Sutter. I really think this could go to overtime or be decided by a late 2-point conversion attempt. Although this game is D-3A, either of these teams could be playing one of the D-3AA teams and it would make perfect sense. My prediction for this game is as much of a coin flip as anything else.

Much has been made of a D-I sized school in Salinas playing D-IV sized Placer, but I think this game is a result of two main factors. One, their computer ratings are pretty close (see first paragraph above). Second, the placement of Half Moon Bay had to be made before that of the Cowboys, due to a common opponent, Terra Nova (HMB defeated them twice, while Salinas lost an early contest to the Tigers). Injuries contributed to early losses by the Cowboys (not that I strongly think that the results would have necessarily been reversed), but the slightly undervalued (in my opinion) Calpreps rating is largely due to a weird close game with Palo Alto in the first round of the playoffs. I think the results against Los Gatos and Milpitas are much stronger indicators of where they are as a team. Placer has had a number of good wins (Aptos, Lincoln, Bear River), so I think this game should be very competitive, despite the enrollment difference.

Cal 14 you were spot on,this was a very competitive game,even tho no one could tell that after Salinas put up a whopping 3 td 21 pt punch in the mouth to Placer in 1st qtr,lol.Very competitive indeed...again great analysis.

Cal 14 you were spot on,this was a very competitive game,even tho no one could tell that after Salinas put up a whopping 3 td 21 pt punch in the mouth to Placer in 1st qtr,lol.Very competitive indeed...again great analysis.
Watching Placer run their offense is sort of how I see myself playing my video football team's running game. It's like trying to stop water flowing with your hands. You can stop it in one spot, but then it just finds another way around.

That type of team is the last that you want to face in overtime. Just too steady. As shocked as I was that the Salinas didn't take the last PAT in regulation, I really think I would have gone for 2 in OT. It would have been just too hard to consistently get stops on Placer that close to the goal line.

But... it should have never gone to overtime in the first place. Placer doesn't seem to be a team that can beat you in the air unless they have the threat of the run. They couldn't completely move the ball in the air in the two times they tried. Play action? Yes, absolutely, but if there's no threat of the run, Salinas was stopping the pass. If the Cowboys were to have gone up by 9 (and there is no guarantee he would have made it, as we saw, but it's still the higher-percentage play), Placer probably would have had to start throwing.

*Choosing* the pass is a lot different than *having* to pass.

Either way, congrats to the Hillmen. I hope they take care of business in SoCal.

Hey Junkie, very fitting name cause your obviously HIGH ON SOMETHING ! "I've been calling this game a Sutter blowout Triple AAA style. After reviewing both teams on film I see this game being a 3 score win by Sutter. I've been running with HMB all year but now it's time to jump off the train." SO WHOS LEGIT NOW ? Give credit where credit is due. It was 3 scores alright HMB BY 3 SCORES ! BTW theres no room on the bus incase your thinking of jumping back on !

This is all hunky dory. But I think we are failing to acknowledge that one of the most storied programs in the Bay Area is going to the state championship. Congratulations to Pittsburg and especially Victor Galli.

Hey Junkie, very fitting name cause your obviously HIGH ON SOMETHING ! "I've been calling this game a Sutter blowout Triple AAA style. After reviewing both teams on film I see this game being a 3 score win by Sutter. I've been running with HMB all year but now it's time to jump off the train." SO WHOS LEGIT NOW ? Give credit where credit is due. It was 3 scores alright HMB BY 3 SCORES ! BTW theres no room on the bus incase your thinking of jumping back on !
GOTF, The Junkie was totally wrong and I'm actually shocked at the way the game turned out. The coaches and the players along with the parents of the HMB program deserves nothing but credit for the season that they've had. They have exceeded my expectations by far and I wish them well in their State Championship game. I'm hearing that this is their year because after this year they'll be down some. That said, I've chosen them more times to win this year than I've chosen them to lose. Since you're so adamant about "The Junkie" not supporting your HMB team I'll keep my prediction to myself in their game against Steele Canyon. That said, taking a early peep at both teams on film "The Junkie" seemed to favor HMB in this contest. Good luck to your HMB team in the State Championship game.

"The Junkie"

This is all hunky dory. But I think we are failing to acknowledge that one of the most storied programs in the Bay Area is going to the state championship. Congratulations to Pittsburg and especially Victor Galli.

And that is precisely the point re HMB. It's not a "storied program." It's not Pittsburg. It's not DLS. It's not Bellarmine. It's not a perennial powerhouse that churns out scholarship guys off an assembly line. It's the opposite. And 2017 is their chance, probably their only chance for many years, to make hay at the state level. Good for them.

Dude, win with some class.

Here is the way I see the Regional games
FRIDAY NIGHT 7:30 Dec. 8
D3-AA Marin Catholic at Shasta (Redding)...MC is 12-0 and the Wolves are 11-1...MC's passing attack, plus a good pass defense should be enough to take down Shasta......Marin catholic 31 Shasta 24
D%-AA McClymonds 12-0 at 13-0 East Nicolaus....Mac has lots of speed, but so does the Spartans, this game will be decided by the line play.
7:30 P.M....East Nicoaus 35 McClymonds 26
D6-AA.....St.Pat/St.vincent 11-1 at Strathmore 14-0....The Bruins speed is deadly and the line play is strong... 7:30 P.M. St. Pat/St.Vincent 41 Strathmore 12

SAT NIGHT DEC 9
d1-a.....Pittsburg 8-2 at Granite Bay 12-2 6 P.M.....These two teams have met before, so they know what they are up against...The Pirates.held DLS to 24 points, so the defense is strong...Granit bay has plenty of every thing.
Pittsburg 17 Granite Bay 14
D4-AA.....Miliptas 11-1 at Campolindo 8-3 6 P.M.....Miliptas lost only one game to a very rugged Salinas team at 25-18...Miliptas is big and they are fast this game could be decided quick... Miliptas 39 Campolindo 24
D5-A.....Bear River 10-3 at Fortuna11-2 6 P.M....Fortuna is tough to beat on their home ground, well balanced, But so is Bear River...Fortuna 37 Bear River 27.
Friday night was deadly to me, after MC scored so many points against CN and stopped a very good Bishop O'Dowd, I thought for sure they could hold their own against Shasta...didn't hapopen.....East Nicolaus just couldn't deal with Mac, they met once before, so they knew what they were up against
And what about St. Pat, leading going into the fourth quarter when all hell broke loose as Strathmore..exploded for 28 points, what an awful way to go down...Lots of good feed back from all the guys...A great season.....

Friday night was deadly to me, after MC scored so many points against CN and stopped a very good Bishop O'Dowd, I thought for sure they could hold their own against Shasta...didn't hapopen.....East Nicolaus just couldn't deal with Mac, they met once before, so they knew what they were up against
And what about St. Pat, leading going into the fourth quarter when all hell broke loose as Strathmore..exploded for 28 points, what an awful way to go down...Lots of good feed back from all the guys...A great season.....
Agree Bluedog. Shoot, this was my worst prediction week ever. I just knew MC would hold it's own against Shasta even though I knew Shasta had a very good team. Same for Sutter against HMB. From the film I viewed it looked like Sutter would wear down HMB but it happened the other way around. Placer, Strathmore and Galileo were the biggest surprise winners that I didn't pick. Back to the drawing board for the State Championships games and hoping NorCal comes out on top. So far it's truly been a great season. I've enjoyed getting great feedback from posters from every section in NorCal if I agreed with them or not. Go NorCal!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT