ADVERTISEMENT

Just spotted this GREAT video re: SRV's State Title...

Was that Brian Boteen's first year after the drama filled coaching search?

The crowd that night at Haas was terrific

Was that Brian Boteen's first year after the drama filled coaching search?

The crowd that night at Haas was terrific

That was his first year after all that drama. He’s been a solid coach for them too. The kids like him and they play hard for him. Great guy as well. Tough act to follow, winning state his first year.

State title for a third place EBAL finish speaks volumes how strong the league was that year

1st place Monte Vista was in the Open that year, and 2nd place DLS lost to Woodcreek in the D1 semis. It’s not like they were by far the 3rd best EBAL team that year. All 3 were beasts and every game between them was hotly contested. They made the run when it counted, with a new coach and all. That was a fantastic crowd at Haas in the final.

well, not exactly, they went 0-3 vs. DLS that year, one a 21 point loss. My point was it was a great year for the EBAL

well, not exactly, they went 0-3 vs. DLS that year, one a 21 point loss. My point was it was a great year for the EBAL

My point was that all those games between the 3 teams were hotly contested. MV and DLS were 12-2 in league and SRV was 11-3.
All 3 of those SRV-DLS games were close, even the 21 pointer. That game was 20-19 at the half and DLS led by only 7 going into the 4th quarter. In their other league game, SRV led after 3, and in the NCS game DLS led by just 2 going into the 4th quarter.
SRV split with MV, and MV swept DLS including a 2OT thriller in league and a 50-49 nail biter in the NCS final. Those were some great battles.
And I agree with your point that it was a great year for the EBAL.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT