ADVERTISEMENT

King-Jhsanni Wilhite now at Riordan?

I was watching the pre-game on TNT, and Draymond Green was interviewing Damion Lillard. Lillard was asked about his time at St. Joe's after leaving Arroyo. He mentioned that he told his coach that he would make the NBA. And Lillard said that his coach smirked and smiled at him as if it was never going to happen.

I found it interesting because when he told that story I could see how much he used that as motivation.
Watch "Dame Lillard Says His High School Coach Laughed At His NBA Dream | Chips With Draymond Green" on YouTube

That was the coach...

UOTE="MadHatter11, post: 269934, member: 6402"]
When I heard him say that his coach laugh at him, I wondered if he was referring to Lippi.
[/QUOTE]

I was watching the pre-game on TNT, and Draymond Green was interviewing Damion Lillard. Lillard was asked about his time at St. Joe's after leaving Arroyo. He mentioned that he told his coach that he would make the NBA. And Lillard said that his coach smirked and smiled at him as if it was never going to happen.

I found it interesting because when he told that story I could see how much he used that as motivation.
90% of kids who play high school basketball think they will be in the NBA. 100% of their parents think they will play in the NBA. More often than not the coach is right when he says make sure you have a plan when the ball goes flat. That was my coaches favorite line. Have a plan when the ball goes flat.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT