ADVERTISEMENT

Kobe Bryant

I’m 33 years old and this is my generations John Lennon. To say I’m upset by this is an understatement and I’ve never even met Kobe before. This is a time to teach our kids that life is precious and to enjoy every minute because you never know when that minute will be your last.

For anyone who is from LA we know there are Laker fans and there are KOBE fans. The argument was always who was the greastest Laker. Magic or Kobe. They played the game completely different but you picked a side. On the weekend Lebron passed him in scoring it is scary this happens. Kobe even had warrior fans cheering for the lakers when the warriors were bad. As an Angeleno I am devastated.

Reactions: ayalar09 and MC415
For anyone who is from LA we know there are Laker fans and there are KOBE fans. The argument was always who was the greastest Laker. Magic or Kobe. They played the game completely different but you picked a side. On the weekend Lebron passed him in scoring it is scary this happens. Kobe even had warrior fans cheering for the lakers when the warriors were bad. As an Angeleno I am devastated.

i was never a Kobe fan, but always respected his greatness.......I’m still in shock, just crazy

He’a on a very short list (MJ) who I wanted the ball with at end of the game. One of the great competitors and winners. Very sad. Had a lot to give the game still.

I was in Cashmere Washington a couple of weeks ago and Kobe and his daughter came to the high school game to watch one of the players. I didn’t go because I knew how crowded it would be and I figured I would be able to see him another time because of the relationship he had with the player he came to see who is a family friend. What a horrible loss to the world and basketball community. Prayers to his family!

Reactions: ayalar09
Unfortunately the daughter has passed away too. Making this story that much more sad.

Unfortunately the daughter has passed away too. Making this story that much more sad.
According to the talking heads on the TV father and daughter on the way to her club sports activity.
Makes you think how many times you shared with your child when taking/sharing them to their extracurricular sporting activity and how lucky we are to have that time together.
RIP Father and daughter...

The news today should be something that should inspire every hoop player with a opportunity at D1 scholarships and who want to continue to play basketball after high school.

Scottie Pippen once said many years back, this darn rookie comes into the league and somehow knows my every step and move and can actually guard me. Kobe when he lived overseas made sure to record as many NBA games as possible to study the game and its played at the time.

Jay Williams today said, I got to Staples early. to shoot around and Kobe is there. I was done with my workout, yet this guy is still shooting. I had to ask him why do you work so hard, Kobe saw you come in and at the end of the day I wanted to make sure you know I will always out work you.

Kobe Bryant was a player that if he missed the game winning shot he prayed to God that he could relive the moment the next game and make it. As a Laker fan I loved the guy. And as someone at the time associated with the high school game, and still follow as much as I can, every single basketball parent on this board should hope your kid has the work ethic of Kobe Bryant.

Jay Williams career was cut short, but he said it best. That moment made me work harder than others in every facet of life from there on out.

Basketball lost a incredible guy today. Hopefully someone else carries the torch. Cause Lord knows in today’s world many kids can use the work ethic of one Kobe Bryant. RIP MAMBA!!!!!!!!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT