ADVERTISEMENT

Magical Hoops tour continues…

kiddman32

Hall of Famer
Nov 25, 2012
Tonight, I am at Ygnacio Valley, where they host Marin Catholic.

Good news for Marin Catholic, their team is quite young, even including three frosh on the roster. The bad news is…. They are 12-16.

Honestly, I probably picked a better game to feed my addictio… err, desire to see live HS hoops. But I saw “YV” and jumped on the ticket.

YV is 23-7 and my choice to win D4 NCS, and more than likely make some noise in NorCal, depending on what division they get tossed into.

YV is also quite young, but two seniors get significent playing time, if I recall.

Those are 6’10” Evan McKnight, whom I have heard is headed to Chico State, and 6’1” guard Loyal Morris.

I have little info on Marin Catholic other than the fact they have three frosh and an equal number of seniors…. and I have no idea what their lineup is like…. and looking on the floor, I see not a whole lot of height.

Here’s a shocker…. McKnight won the tip.

I’ll just do the occasional-updates thing… I’m not ‘zacly 100% on the feel-good charts.

Early on, 5-5…. MC doesn’t appear intimidated…. but they are depending on the 3. 4:00 left 1st.

Can’t remember the last time I saw this…. YV’s backup center got the ball on the left side of the lane, a defender in front and one behind. The center ball-faked, and the guy behind him jumped CLEAN OVER him, then the center laid it in past the defender in front.

Now it’s 18-6 YV after one quarter.

#1, Williams of MC has scored all but 3 of MC’s 12 points.

Kellogg has nailed 3 triples and has (I think) 13 for YV.

52-25 after 3 quarters.

Getting a long look at YV’s Terrance Murphy jr. a 6’4” freshman. Kid has terrific hands, is nimble-footed… and built like a brick outhouse…. Muscles on his muscles.

Last edited:
YV’s gotten sloppy…. MC has made a nice run to make it 59-45. 1:55 left in the game.

Honestly, they should have been able to running-clock this one.

64-52 final…. really strange game, and stranger finish! But YV survives.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT