ADVERTISEMENT

LaMelo Ball 92 Points Tonight

Heard about this on KNBR on the way home... pretty unusual for a regular-season SoCal HS game to get airtime on NorCal radio!

I hope he plays some defense when he gets to UCLA. I'll go out on a limb, but I think they frown upon cherry picking at that level....

Reactions: slick58
Chino Hills has definitely been mainstream the last 1-2 years. I have people who have no connection to HS sports sending me texts out of the blue about the Ball brothers and their scoring. Never seen it before with HS Sports.

Kid was cherry picking the whole 4th quarter.

If you like a lot of points scored via no organized offensive sets, watch CH. They can cherry pick because thats what CH wants you to do. They have a 6'9 guy back on D, try to score on him. If you dont, outlet to half-court or past half-court and chuck up a 3 which for CH isn't just throwing it up there, they shoot a decent percentage. Or they have two athletic wings that can score driving to the basket.

It reminds me of the Balboa Jet Offense at its peak with Marquette Alexander, the 6'8 unstoppable force, and Winters Patterson (RIP) cherry-picking. Of course they played in a not-so-competitive AAA league so it was ez-peezy for them.

Reactions: Fentons Cream
lol 92 points in a game by one player is unreal... Anyway the kid dedicated the game to a young girl

"LaMelo said this game was dedicated to Lexi Anderson, a student from Chino Hills HS who went into cardiac arrest and needs a donor as well as donations to save her life, if anyone would like to help please go to this link: http://bit.ly/2kRl1yZ"

However you view it, 92 points is unbelievable. Not my type of basketball, but I still enjoy watching. I look forward to seeing what this kid can do at the next level. He is just a sophomore now and reportedly committed to UCLA as a 13 year old?

I believe Lonzo Ball offer is a package deal to UCLA that also includes Li Angelo and LaMelo.

Which family would you want to be? The Plumlees (Miles, Mason, Marshall), The Hamiltons (Daniel, Isaac, Jordan) or the Balls?

However you view it, 92 points is unbelievable. Not my type of basketball, but I still enjoy watching. I look forward to seeing what this kid can do at the next level. He is just a sophomore now and reportedly committed to UCLA as a 13 year old?

The scary thing about LaMelo in my opinion is that he is a relatively young sophomore - i.e., he moved up a grade in order to play high school ball with Lonzo. Many elite sophomores are a year + older than he is when you factor in all the players who are held back in middle school.......

Lamelo will be the best one. He is amazing as a soph and he's already 6"2. I'm sure he will be 6"5-6'6 and has that same long build as Lonzo. He is a much more nature offensive player than Lonzo. I can't stand that system but the kid can flat out play. His shot is ugly but so was reggie millers who had that side spin with elbow out. If you shoot the same way and practice/practice/practice it doesn't matter. I don't think this team will win the open though. I believe Sierra Canyon or Mater Dei have the talent to beat them. They have enough guys to dunk on the 6"9 kid at the backline and athletes to get stops when they need too. Also, for what its worth these kids seem like they have good head on their shoulders. Lonzo is by far my favorite NCAA player and will make some NBA team that much better next year.

Lamelo will be the best one. He is amazing as a soph and he's already 6"2. I'm sure he will be 6"5-6'6 and has that same long build as Lonzo. He is a much more nature offensive player than Lonzo. I can't stand that system but the kid can flat out play. His shot is ugly but so was reggie millers who had that side spin with elbow out. If you shoot the same way and practice/practice/practice it doesn't matter. I don't think this team will win the open though. I believe Sierra Canyon or Mater Dei have the talent to beat them. They have enough guys to dunk on the 6"9 kid at the backline and athletes to get stops when they need too. Also, for what its worth these kids seem like they have good head on their shoulders. Lonzo is by far my favorite NCAA player and will make some NBA team that much better next year.
Love watching Lonzo play! Watching him now on ESPN!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT