ADVERTISEMENT

LB Poly Jackwabbits @ Folsom

Pass incomplete, 4th down. Punter on…

Short punt downed on the Folsom 49.

Loss of 3 on first down.

Pass broken up, it came in too late. 3rd down.

Screen pass complete, but for a big loss…. that had zero chance.

Punt, Poly return to their 40.

Pass over the middle, complete for a Poly TD! 60 yards. Kick is good…. 27-14 Bulldogs early in the 3rd quarter. Poly just told their bus driver to turn that thing off!

• Haha
Reactions: THEOC89
Kick out of bounds, Folsom has it on their 35.

Nice run on 2nd down for 7, 3rd and 3.

Long pass, wrestling for the ball, defender and receiver, 50-50…. ball hits the ground. 4th and 3.

QB breaks the pocket, scrambles for a terrific first down! Poly 48…. Planned QB keeper this time, breaks thru, stumbles on the Poly 5.

Run off left guard, right into the end zone. Folsom TD, way to answer!. Confusion on conversion try, too much time, 5 yards back…. But the retry is good. 34-14. 8:01 left 3rd.

Poly gets a first down, didn’t see it…. next play, screen pass for little gain.

QB scramble after nearly getting his block knocked off…. 3rd and 12. Now 4th and 12 after a pass goes too high.

Punt downed on the Folsom 40.

Run over the middle gets 12, but Bulldogs guilty of holding. 1st and 15.

WOW!!!! FABULOUS catch for a LONG gain! #14, I think…. Now 2nd down after short gain…

Then QB scrambles, extends play, long pass for a touchdown! Just…. WOW. Kick good, 41-14.

Might wanna start up that bus now…

Return to the Poly 25.

Pass no good, 2nd down.

Scramble, long pass nearly intercepted, 3rd down.

QB snowed under by about half the population of Folsom! 4th down, punter on.

Punt downed on the Folsom 42.

1st-down pass, nope…. Run up the middle for 5… Next down, runner gets all the way to the 1! 1st and goal. Short run next play, TD for Folsom. Kick is good, even after a bad snap. Flag down after the play. 48-14 Folsom.

Flag was on Poly, Folsom kicks from the Poly 45.

Kick booms out of the end zone, Poly on the 20.

Poly is just trying to finish this game... Tough first game for this young, inexperienced squad.
I really liked what I saw from Folsom…. I really like their Coach!…. Folsom was very diciplined on both offense and defense….

Their running game is so strong that Lyons is going to have wide open receivers all over on play action…. Folsom looks like the type of team that can put up 21 points on MD or SJB and play sound defense….

I really liked what I saw from Folsom…. I really like their Coach!…. Folsom was very diciplined on both offense and defense….

Their running game is so strong that Lyons is going to have wide open receivers all over on play action…. Folsom looks like the type of team that can put up 21 points on MD or SJB and play sound defense….
I agree. I was very impressed with them on both sides of the ball. Ryder Lyons is the real deal. Don’t see Folsom getting tested until the Open.

Was at the game. Going to be a long year for anybody local playing Folsom. I've said it before. This is the best team I think Folsom has ever had. The transfers didn't even play last night and it was total domination. Ryder Lyons is so freaking good. Physically he could be starting today at a major college football team.

Was at the game. Going to be a long year for anybody local playing Folsom. I've said it before. This is the best team I think Folsom has ever had. The transfers didn't even play last night and it was total domination…
I’m not too caught up with the Bulldogs, except what I’ve read here and the local paper, which players/transfers didn’t play last night? Also, heard Lyons hurt his non-throwing hand in the second half. Any details?

I’m not too caught up with the Bulldogs, except what I’ve read here and the local paper, which players/transfers didn’t play last night? Also, heard Lyons hurt his non-throwing hand in the second half. Any details?
Most notably Josiah Sharma (6’5 330 pound Texas commit), Jason Hill (stud transfer from GB) and a few others. Lyons played a bit after he hurt his hand so I doubt he sits out much. They’re so good I could see them winning the rest of their games without him tbh.

Most notably Josiah Sharma (6’5 330 pound Texas commit), Jason Hill (stud transfer from GB) and a few others. Lyons played a bit after he hurt his hand so I doubt he sits out much. They’re so good I could see them winning the rest of their games without him tbh.
Yeah Sharma is an absolute beast. Texas is getting a good one. Hill has SEC offers in addition to a bunch on west coast.
Orme from OR was there best back last year and likely won't enough sniff at Folsom from what I saw last night between Jackson and Rivera. I think there is another lineman or 2 also on transfer list. The depth is really incredible.

Folsoms size really impressed me. They made LB look small. Ryder Lyons is a special player. The athleticism and instincts are tough to stop. I dont see any Norcal team stopping Folsom this year.

Reactions: FBAddict
This is the best team I think Folsom has ever had. The transfers didn't even play last night and it was total domination. Ryder Lyons is so freaking good.
Folsom is impressive this year!

Folsoms size really impressed me. They made LB look small. Ryder Lyons is a special player. The athleticism and instincts are tough to stop. I dont see any Norcal team stopping Folsom this year.
I agree that no NorCal team will stop them this year.

Folsom really needed to step up there scheduling. DLS and Serra were good moves but Poly, even though they are young and inexperienced this year, was an excellent move. Public schools such as Mission Viejo or Centennial would have test for Folsom. Nevertheless, I am glad Folsom broke out of NorCal only mold. It was good for their reputation.

Question: Was Poly scheduled for home and home games?

Don't want to overreact to one game, but Lyons looks to be the best QB Folsom has had and this looks to be the most physical offensive line they have had.
Streak I dont think you are. I've been following the program pretty close for the last 20 + years and they have never been this deep and talented. I've been saying it for awhile but I can't imagine Lyons coming back next year. He will compete day 1 for a starting job in college wherever he goes. LBP may be down but they still have kids with offers and talent all over field. It was so lopsided.
Injuries would be the only risk. Lyon's backup has no varsity snaps until last night. You lose Lyons and all bets are off.

Oy vey.

• Haha
Reactions: THEOC89
Well - I didn't think PLB was was ready for Folsom, but sure didn't think Folsom would drop a game against Serra. The game probably ends the talk of Folsom for the SBG Open.

It's understandable. Alot of guys are wishing for them to finally do something worthwhile.
I definitely thought it was their year….

Folsom has done a much better job scheduling Nor Cal teams, but when it comes to teams outside of Nor Cal they are still scheduling easy wins and afraid to put the Big Boys on their schedule….

LBP lost all their good players and is 0-2 after getting destroyed by SD Lincoln last night and that was their “Marquee” game… Followed by Serra and Turlock….

Serra in the other hand goes Folsom, DLS, SJB…. That is a team that is scheduling to compete for the Open…. No easy wins and 1 projected loss….

Folsom is still undoubtedly a top 3 team in Nor Cal and this will likely be their only loss…. But the door is pretty much shut on them going to the open without a bunch of Chaos in WCAL and the CCS playoffs….

And if DLS can manage to get by Serra, then Folsom is definitely done, since they don’t have DLS a their schedule this year, and DLS won’t lose if they can beat Serra….

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT