ADVERTISEMENT

LIBERTY PRESEASON SCHEDULE

Bluedog2

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Aug 24, 2007
Talk about a coach testing his team for the league campaign that is coming up...This is no weeny schedule.
8-17.....Vacaville 7-4 home 7 P.M.
Sat.8-25.....Gilroy 13-0 on the road at St. Francis High at 4 P.M
8-31.....McClymonds On The Road. 14-0 7:15 P.M.
9-07.....Rocklin 7-5 Home 7:30 P.M.
9-14.....Cardinal Newman 10-3 On the Road 7 P.M.

Every game creates a challenge, Vacaville is unpredictable as you never know how they are going to come at you.
Gilroy.....Can they repeat a 13-0 season, grad. is going to take a lot out of the O and the D.
McClymonds 14-0 comes at you on the ground and thru the air, could very well be the test of the preseason, lots of speed and a team that wants to win..
Rocklin 7-5...this is a testy team and if they are on, the Lions could face a real battle....
Cardinal Newman 10-3....This is game five for the lions, they should be redhot, but the same will be for CN....But, Liberty has a solid team returning and if they are focused, then Butterfield will win the air war that is coming up...
Any thoughts???

Reactions: concrete17
Talk about a coach testing his team for the league campaign that is coming up...This is no weeny schedule.
8-17.....Vacaville 7-4 home 7 P.M.
Sat.8-25.....Gilroy 13-0 on the road at St. Francis High at 4 P.M
8-31.....McClymonds On The Road. 14-0 7:15 P.M.
9-07.....Rocklin 7-5 Home 7:30 P.M.
9-14.....Cardinal Newman 10-3 On the Road 7 P.M.

Every game creates a challenge, Vacaville is unpredictable as you never know how they are going to come at you.
Gilroy.....Can they repeat a 13-0 season, grad. is going to take a lot out of the O and the D.
McClymonds 14-0 comes at you on the ground and thru the air, could very well be the test of the preseason, lots of speed and a team that wants to win..
Rocklin 7-5...this is a testy team and if they are on, the Lions could face a real battle....
Cardinal Newman 10-3....This is game five for the lions, they should be redhot, but the same will be for CN....But, Liberty has a solid team returning and if they are focused, then Butterfield will win the air war that is coming up...
Any thoughts???

Gilroy will probably compete for 4th place in their league this season. They moved up from a weak league last season to the stronger equity league. Very good RB but a little above average team at best. The rest of the schedule seems pretty good. Liberty will have a tough matchup against Pitt in league and Antioch and Freedom. The Cardinal Newman and Rocklin games are intriguing and Vaca will be interesting if they have rebounded and will tell how good McClymonds is. Liberty is probably a second/third tier NCS team this season with DLS and Pitt (which probably could defeat or at least give Folsom a battle for second ranked in norcal).

Newman will be better than last year and has a history of playing bigger D1-D2 programs with success. There QB coming into to fill Barrington who moved on to ASU is a stud and will be eventually better. I'm not saying Jackson Pavitt is in the same league as Butterfield right now as a college prospect but don't be surprised if he's better HS player when they play in terms of running, throwing, and being a game changer. Wouldn't be surprised if Liberty came into this game 2-2 or 3-1. Rocklin is in the SFL. Remember that. Average in the best league in Norcal is great everywhere else. Mack is coming off 14-0 and I think rides one of the longest winning streaks in the state. Vacaville is never a slouch. They always play a big time schedule as well.

Really like what Liberty is doing with their scheduling. I'm definitely going to that Newman game. I could see it being a 42-40 type shootout.

Newman will be better than last year and has a history of playing bigger D1-D2 programs with success. There QB coming into to fill Barrington who moved on to ASU is a stud and will be eventually better. I'm not saying Jackson Pavitt is in the same league as Butterfield right now as a college prospect but don't be surprised if he's better HS player when they play in terms of running, throwing, and being a game changer. Wouldn't be surprised if Liberty came into this game 2-2 or 3-1. Rocklin is in the SFL. Remember that. Average in the best league in Norcal is great everywhere else. Mack is coming off 14-0 and I think rides one of the longest winning streaks in the state. Vacaville is never a slouch. They always play a big time schedule as well.

Really like what Liberty is doing with their scheduling. I'm definitely going to that Newman game. I could see it being a 42-40 type shootout.
GUYS...The Sat. game on 8-25 against Gilroy has Gilroy rebuilding off a 9-1 JV team, so their 13-0 win /loss doesn't mean a lot yet.....ALSO...the Sat game will be a doubleheader and Liberty will start off the double header at 4 P.M. against Gilroy and then St. Francis will play host to Norte Dame of Sherman Oaks at 7:30 P.M.The knights went 6-5 last season and St Francis went11-4,
Looking over Rocklin, they have a very good QB in Cade Wyatt and two receivers in Charlie MCbride and Daniel Roberts which gives them a good passing attack, but the question is will the QB get the protection he needs or will the Lions defense be ruthless.
Last year, Rocklin beat De Oro 22-12 and Grant 24-14 so Rocklin can't be overlooked...

Reactions: Paloma
With the transfers they having coming in, they should be fine. I agree on the Vacaville and Rocklin game. I think the game between Mcclymonds and Liberty will tell more about Mcclymonds than Liberty.

Ehhh it's a good schedule not an AMAZING schedule

Vacaville is not what they were 5-10 years ago... they are a little above average. Mack and CN are good but tiny schools by comparison. Liberty should be 5-0 by the time they get to league, i just can't see any of these 5 teams challenging the talent they have and what they have brought in

Reactions: ncscalfootball

Vacaville is not what they were 5-10 years ago... they are a little above average. Mack and CN are good but tiny schools by comparison. Liberty should be 5-0 by the time they get to league, i just can't see any of these 5 teams challenging the talent they have and what they have brought in
GUYS...the 8-25 date at St. Francis will be a triple header.....and not a double header Three wild games in a row..
Oakdale vs. Mitty 12 noon
Liberty vs. Gilroy at 4 p.M.
Serra of san Mateo vs. Serra of Gardina at 7:30 P.M....So a wild afternoon of high school football...Six teams from different part of the state clash. I had Notre Dame vs St. Francis on 8-25, but that game is on 8-24....
This triple header is like the old days of the Battle of the Capitol at Del Oro..

Reactions: observer22

Liberty has not been able to stop Vacaville's running game in the last 2 years. Must be that little above average team just got lucky?

Reactions: dipskp
Liberty has not been able to stop Vacaville's running game in the last 2 years. Must be that little above average team just got lucky?
GUYS...At the time, Vacaville was the better team, but 2018 will be different, the Lions will out score the Bulldogs....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT