ADVERTISEMENT

Looks like Isa Silva Will Announce College Commitment Tuesday

kiddman32

Hall of Famer
Nov 25, 2012
That's according to a number of recruiting websites, and some of those quote his Twitter.

Seems a little early to me, since he's a junior, but I know rules with summer recruiting have changed and there's this lil virus thingy...

Gonzaga is listed as a finalist, and they seem high on him, calling him a 5-star... Rivals has him at 4-star...

https://www.zagsblog.com/2020/04/18...oint-guard-isael-silva-sets-announcement-date

But just about all the predictor sites out there are sure he's gonna say Stanford.

In any case, it's a junior committing early, so who knows if it'll hold?

Silva was a 2020 kid until 8th grade. I'll guess he's taken some extra classes and will be on a college campus nxt season. Palo Alto?

Silva was a 2020 kid until 8th grade. I'll guess he's taken some extra classes and will be on a college campus nxt season. Palo Alto?

It will be interesting to see if he reclassifies. If he does it will be a big loss for Jesuit. Although he is a scorer/passer at the HS level, I think he will be a pass first guard for the 1st year of collegiate ball. He has a high Bball IQ and apparently the book work to back it up. Best wishes for him.

I think he'll go to Prolific or another Prep school for a year.

My guess is he commits to Stanford.

why go to prep school if he commits to Stanford? Just go to school and redshirt if he doesn't think he's ready to play. he'll get to the know his teammates, coaches and their system. Plus hit the weight room hard.

why go to prep school if he commits to Stanford? Just go to school and redshirt if he doesn't think he's ready to play. he'll get to the know his teammates, coaches and their system. Plus hit the weight room hard.
Maybe Stanford is full on scholarships for this season.

He redshirts and he doesn't get any playing time next season. He goes to Prolific, or Trinity International or some other Prep School, he is playing at least 20-25 games next season against top flight competition.

but you risk injury. and is it really going to prepare him for Stanford? Can't you just practice while red shirting?

but you risk injury. and is it really going to prepare him for Stanford? Can't you just practice while red shirting?

Are we at the point that a top recruit says he is going to announce his college choice and everyone first reaction is he is going to re classify or go to a prep school? Silva and bagley who btw are the only two highly ranked NorCal players in the senior and junior class have done it the traditional way. Just like Aaron Gordon, Jabari Bird and others. Playing a few months at a prep school isn’t going to do a damn thing for the player. Jalen Green would be in the exact same position he is in now if he stayed at SJM this year.

Are we at the point that a top recruit says he is going to announce his college choice and everyone first reaction is he is going to re classify or go to a prep school? Silva and bagley who btw are the only two highly ranked NorCal players in the senior and junior class have done it the traditional way. Just like Aaron Gordon, Jabari Bird and others. Playing a few months at a prep school isn’t going to do a damn thing for the player. Jalen Green would be in the exact same position he is in now if he stayed at SJM this year.
but jalen has IT. been had it and he definitely gained by practicing and playing versus elite everytime he walked on the court..that wasnt happening versus bullard, madera, sunnyside and anyone else in fresno... isa doesnt quite have the ability jalen does yet... so yea it might help a little... although issa been getting that work put on him in regular high school so he might wanna stay away from prep school.

but jalen has IT. been had it and he definitely gained by practicing and playing versus elite everytime he walked on the court..that wasnt happening versus bullard, madera, sunnyside and anyone else in fresno... isa doesnt quite have the ability jalen does yet... so yea it might help a little... although issa been getting that work put on him in regular high school so he might wanna stay away from prep school.

You missed my point... the guys who have it already have it. I’m not saying going to PP hurt him but he would still be the exact same. Signing a huge g league contract and going to be a top 5 draft pick in a year.

You missed my point... the guys who have it already have it. I’m not saying going to PP hurt him but he would still be the exact same. Signing a huge g league contract and going to be a top 5 draft pick in a year.
But for isa it would help. Yes he would be the exact same spot more than likely. But he got far better

Zero benefit for Silva to go prep route at this point. He played for Compton magic against the best comp in summer. Silva is a stud and will be a system player for years in college. Green situation way different

It will be interesting to see if he reclassifies. If he does it will be a big loss for Jesuit. Although he is a scorer/passer at the HS level, I think he will be a pass first guard for the 1st year of collegiate ball. He has a high Bball IQ and apparently the book work to back it up. Best wishes for him.

With Silva back...i'd pick Jesuit over Sheldon in the Delta.....so this decision today is huge not only for Silva but for Jesuit. Obviously 3 options on the table here:

1) Goes back to Jesuit after announcing college choice(Stanford).

2) Announces College Choice (Stanford) and moves up from 2021 to 2020 to play next season with Ziare Williams.

3) Goes to a Prep School

Just my honest take, if people who know basketball see you as a pro period, I don’t know any reason for one to go to prep school.

I used to hate prep schools, today I have a little different outlook on them. However I have seen some unreal guys that I said would no doubt be pros sitting on the floor at Arco for many years.

Aaron Affalo, James Harden, Trevor Ariza, Aaron Gordon, Luke Walton, Klay Thompson. If I really think back I could put a bigger list together. These guys were all legit pros in my eyes and their is not one thing I could say hey if that guy went to prep school he would have been better.

Jalen Green did not need to go to prep school. And had the NBA put in the one year rule when they did, Kevin Garnett, Kobe, McGrady, and a few others could have sat their senior years and still got drafted. Those guys didn’t need to travel during the high school season for any exposure at all. As one guy said above, if you got it you got it. Just my two cents.

Last edited:
Isa has chosen Stanford...and I'm pretty sure based off his video that he is staying in Class of 2021.

Isa's game draws a wide range of responses, but I think it is generally accepted that this is a good get for Stanford. Playmaker, nice size and if given freedom to play through mistakes, he will make a lot of big plays.

Also good to see for in-state programs to land top players like this.

Zero benefit for Silva to go prep route at this point. He played for Compton magic against the best comp in summer. Silva is a stud and will be a system player for years in college. Green situation way different
He actually played on Compton’s Magic “B” Team last year. He did not play well vs elite competition in HS playoffs. Xavion Brown shut him down. Funny how you hate on Kyree Walker for being too old but then say Siva who is a Holdback is a Stud.

Reactions: Jumper3
He actually played on Compton’s Magic “B” Team last year. He did not play well vs elite competition in HS playoffs. Xavion Brown shut him down. Funny how you hate on Kyree Walker for being too old but then say Siva who is a Holdback is a Stud.
His team put up 43 in the 2 biggest games of the season. Nuff said

Well that “B” team was on the same schedule as the other team. He would have played on “elite” team this spring. Also averaged 16 and 12 against the best players in the world at Pangos.If having 22 on 50 percent shooting against someone is getting locked down then I don’t know much about basketball. He has too do everything on his high school team, he’ll learn how to manage it, sit and watch him.

Reactions: NorCalHSFan
He was also going to graduate at 17. Now if not reclassified he will graduate at the correct age of 18.

Reactions: NorCalHSFan
Also, he’ll be getting a Stanford education for free and playing PAC 12 basketball. His future is looking pretty bright on and off the court.

Reactions: ayalar09
Your extremely ignorant if you can’t see this kids talent and future. Locked down... hahaha.
Stanford what a great accomplishment.

Kyree is the face of all that is corrupt and bad with AAU and big time athletics. He will be pushed aside and soon forgotten. Sad.

Reactions: Jumper3
SILVA IS a good player...X DID shut him down. THATS what he does..
... disagree on Walker....Kyree is a stud player. MAYBE he has taken or has bad advice. But he is a stud player who works hard. Very hard. HE SHOULD'VE went to school. College and ThiS LAST YEAR was head scratching. The moves.

HIS road he is traveling will be very tough. BUT I hope he keeps pushing ahead....What type of player will he be.. He will be a good role player. EX...a STANLEY Johnson type. WINSLOW type. BUT I wish him well...

Your extremely ignorant if you can’t see this kids talent and future. Locked down... hahaha.

Kyree is the face of all that is corrupt and bad with AAU and big time athletics. He will be pushed aside and soon forgotten. Sad.

Last edited:
Wrong. Sheldon will be the favorite in league. THEY have guys ready to assert themselves. ALSO an upstart Franklin. Who will have Davion Wright ready to assert to the forefront. ELK grove will be sold as well. NO cake Walks. Franklin may be second best team in league..

With Silva back...i'd pick Jesuit over Sheldon in the Delta.....so this decision today is huge not only for Silva but for Jesuit. Obviously 3 options on the table here:

1) Goes back to Jesuit after announcing college choice(Stanford).

2) Announces College Choice (Stanford) and moves up from 2021 to 2020 to play next season with Ziare Williams.

3) Goes to a Prep School

You are extremely ignorant as well if you think kyree has zero chance at the nba. You talk about that man like his daddy beat yo a$$. Aau isnt bad. Alot of these kids arent getting scholarships if not for aau. Including your son isa

Ankle LARRY talks about Isa like it’s his son but it’s not . I know who LARRY is . Has younger kids. Can’t wait till they hit the high school scene. The board will be interesting

LARRY Locked down Hahaha. You weren’t there because you won’t attend a SHELDON game but it was a clamp job . X had Isa falling down , taking bad shots , taking the ball from him etc. Here’s a little sample of first qtr I found on Max preps. SILVA owes his teammate an apology for 2 minute mark
https://www.maxpreps.com/m/high-sch...?videoid=f7833aed-0c04-4158-b51f-bc46389bb743
With that being said , Isa is a very respectful and humble young man and a very good player . Earning a Stanford Scholarship is a huge step in life whether basketball or not .
Also love his announcement video . Very well done . Nice touch with the Sheldon guy Girabaldi painting the mural for him.

Last edited:
Ankle LARRY talks about Isa like it’s his son but it’s not . I know who LARRY is . Has younger kids. Can’t wait till they hit the high school scene. The board will be interesting

LARRY Locked down Hahaha. You weren’t there because you won’t attend a SHELDON game but it was a clamp job . X had Isa falling down , taking bad shots , taking the ball from him etc. Here’s a little sample of first qtr I found on Max preps. SILVA owes his teammate an apology for 2 minute mark
https://www.maxpreps.com/m/high-sch...?videoid=f7833aed-0c04-4158-b51f-bc46389bb743
With that being said , Isa is a very respectful and humble young man and a very good player . Earning a Stanford Scholarship is a huge step in life whether basketball or not .
Also love his announcement video . Very well done . Nice touch with the Sheldon guy Girabaldi painting the mural for him.
Lmaooooo. Teammate ended up famous off that turnover.
Silva is good. He earned that scholarship which is an accomplishment. But Larry be putting on like he the best thing since sliced bread.

Silva is a very good player. He sometimes tends to try to put the team on his back too much and it does not always work out. I think he will do very well at Standford. Good choice for the young man and Haase seems to be making them competitive again.

Isa Silva is Outstanding HS Basketball talent & very nice kid I have known him since he was in 5th Grade.
I’m not Bashing him in any way. Stanford is a great program and he will do well there. I just stated facts.
However I have also known Kyree Walker & his Family since he was in 6th grade & for you to suggest that he is Corrupt is very ignorant on your part.

Reactions: ankleassassin
Isa Silva is Outstanding HS Basketball talent & very nice kid I have known him since he was in 5th Grade.
I’m not Bashing him in any way. Stanford is a great program and he will do well there. I just stated facts.
However I have also known Kyree Walker & his Family since he was in 6th grade & for you to suggest that he is Corrupt is very ignorant on your part.
EXTREMELY

Wrong. Sheldon will be the favorite in league. THEY have guys ready to assert themselves. ALSO an upstart Franklin. Who will have Davion Wright ready to assert to the forefront. ELK grove will be sold as well. NO cake Walks. Franklin may be second best team in league..
Second place is only if Wright isn't at Sheldon in 20-21.

Reactions: OtherBrotha

Larry Legend 33, let's not call a kid CORRUPT. That's just the wrong thing to say.

SILVA IS a good player...X DID shut him down. THATS what he does..
... disagree on Walker....Kyree is a stud player. MAYBE he has taken or has bad advice. But he is a stud player who works hard. Very hard. HE SHOULD'VE went to school. College and ThiS LAST YEAR was head scratching. The moves.

HIS road he is traveling will be very tough. BUT I hope he keeps pushing ahead....What type of player will he be.. He will be a good role player. EX...a STANLEY Johnson type. WINSLOW type. BUT I wish him well...

Kyree is no Stanley Johnson, 4 time state champ (Mater Dei) 8th overall pick in NBA draft. It’s to bad Kyree didnt stay and play for coach Knight all 4 years, things would have been different for the better IMO. Kyree will make a good living over seas, I don’t see a future in the NBA but hope proves me wrong.

Kyree is no Stanley Johnson, 4 time state champ (Mater Dei) 8th overall pick in NBA draft. It’s to bad Kyree didnt stay and play for coach Knight all 4 years, things would have been different for the better IMO. Kyree will make a good living over seas, I don’t see a future in the NBA but hope proves me wrong.
Stanley Johnson did have an outstanding HS Career. But since then he avg 13.8pts for Arizona & has Avg 6pts in the NBA. He's a BUST as an NBA Player. I have a tremendous amount of respect for Coach Knight but the league they play in is horrible, so there wasn't a lot of room for development there. Let's judge Kyree in 4 years.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT