ADVERTISEMENT

Lots on the line tmrw to determine NCS OPEN AND D1

UglyEagle

Superstar
Jun 16, 2017
Bay Area
Looking forward to hearing what key teams you project to win/lose tmrw and who will be the top 4 open and top 4 D1 teams

Looking forward to hearing what key teams you project to win/lose tmrw and who will be the top 4 open and top 4 D1 teams

Open: 1) DLS, 2) Pitt, 3) SRV, 4) Freedom

I don't see much changing based on this weekend's games, unless there are some huge upsets. But even if Antioch were to upset Pitt and SRV were to knock off Sparty, both Pitt and DLS would still be in line for Open spots. A Freedom loss to Liberty may open the door for either Liberty or CVC to take the dreaded 4th spot in the Open opposite DLS.

D1 top 8: 1) CVC, 2) Liberty, 3) Antioch, 4) SL, 5) Foothill, 6) Cal, 7) & 8) Heritage or AV.

Antioch may go as high as #3 in D1. Head to head seems to carry a lot of weight with the NCS seeding committee. CVC and Liberty both beat Antioch, who beat SL, who beat Foothill, who beat Cal, who beat AV. There is a huge drop off in D1 after these 8, where no teams currently have winning records. The NCS should really just make this an 8 team bracket now that there is an Open division, 12 at the most. Some upsets may change the D1 order, but those should still be the top 8.

That was very good and very in depth. It will be interesting if Liberty can pull the upset, which I am predicting that they will

I have seen both Freedom and CV play this year and CV is much better than Freedom. No disrespect to Freedom just stating my opinion. Freedom Liberty game should decide 1/2 then i agree with the picks made above

Shouldn't liberty switch roles with freedom if they beat freedom tho? Instead of cvc

They would certainly have a good argument. But CVC played 2 common opponents with Liberty (Antioch and DV) and CVC's wins against both of them were more decisive. Both have 2 losses. Depends on what the NCS committee is looking for.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT