ADVERTISEMENT

March madness

LBJ6

Sports Fanatic
Gold Member
Feb 11, 2018
Open:
#1 Mitty vs #8 Odowd: o dowd can matchup with mitty in terms of size but no way they pull it off.
MITTY by 18
#2 SMS vs #7 Cardinal Newman: Tough draw for CN.
SMS by 15
#3 Pinewood vs #6 C let: To quick and too skilled. Clet doesn't have enough offesnive weapons to hang and it is a bad matchup for Bamburger with the pace.
Pinewood by 10
#4 Folsom vs #5 SCPS: I will go Salesian on the road here. They will bring a level of physicality few teams in the state can.
SCPS by 3

D1:
#1 Presentation vs #16 James Logan: Logan didn't beat San leandro on their home court.
Presentation by 25
#2East side Prep vs #15 Oakridge: East side battle tested.
Eastside by 12
#3 Saint Joseph Notre Dame vs #14 McClatchy: things get dicey here. Good game with a potential upset on the horizion. Ill give SJND thed home court edge
SJND by 4
#4 Miramonte vs #13 Edison: The quality of all these games is amazing. Edison is a great 13 seed but MM has no business being a 4 seed. Edison could win this game but they won't thanks to the committee.
MM by 12
#5 Antelope vs #12 Saint Ignatius: Antelope is a surprising team with some scary good talent. SI played good teams all season
Antelope by 2
#6 Bear Creek vs #11 Saint Francis: Don't know much on SF but if they don't have great guards they could get blown out.
BC by 16
#7 Heritage vs #10 Sacred Heart: Both teams misseeded. Sacred hesrt is fresh and will handle heritage style of play and physical Defense.
Sacred Heart by 4
#8 Castro Valley vs #9 Consumes Oaks: Castro Valley can hang with anyone.
CV by 6

D2:
#1 Pleasant Valley vs #16 Sacremento:
PV by 13
#2 Eureka vs #15 Granite Bay: GB played Folsom tight and lost to bear creek by 40 Yea I don't know.
Eureka by 15
#3 Valley Christian vs #14 Arcata: Arcata will be able to score with VC but VC is a D1 caliber team and should hold on but this one should be close VC by 5
#4 SRV vs #13 Menlo: This one will be close throughout as well. 2 good teams that will shoot a lot of 3s.
Srv by 3
#5 Whitney vs #12 Redwood: I'm going to get wild here and call an upset only because I don't know either of these teams. It's march Redwood!
Redwood at the buzzer
#6 Montgomery vs #11 Menlo Atherton: Menlo Atherton shouldbe D1 and I think they are going to beat Montgomery on the road and I wouldn't even call it an upset.
MA by 10
#7 South San Fransisco vs #10 Del Oro: Del Oro plays great competition tight and ill give them benefit of the doubt to keep this a game on the road but they will come up short
SSF by 7
#8 Silver Creek vs #9 Newark Memorial: EVERYONE who plays Newark knows of Haley and it never seems to matter. She is a great player and I will take the best player in this game.
Newark by 3

Open

Mitty- BOD tries keeps it close but Mitty just overall a better team
SMS- Better Coaching (CN) keeps them close but too much Decosta
Pinewood- Clet wont be able to score with PW
Salesian- Rematch and Revenge Salesian by 8

D1
Logan- Indya goes for 25 and upset city
Oakridge- Too big for ESP
McClatchy- Bigger, Faster stronger and another chance at life.
Edison- Refs keep MM close but Edison Battle tested and pulls off close game with better guards
St. Ignatious- Battle tested and poised over youth.
Bear Creek- By 20
Heritage- Better Players, Better Coach. Heritage wins a close one at home
CV- Similar teams, CV tougher and at home.

D2 Whitney vs Valley Christian in the Norcal Finals.

Open

Mitty- BOD tries keeps it close but Mitty just overall a better team
SMS- Better Coaching (CN) keeps them close but too much Decosta
Pinewood- Clet wont be able to score with PW
Salesian- Rematch and Revenge Salesian by 8

D1
Logan- Indya goes for 25 and upset city
Oakridge- Too big for ESP
McClatchy- Bigger, Faster stronger and another chance at life.
Edison- Refs keep MM close but Edison Battle tested and pulls off close game with better guards
St. Ignatious- Battle tested and poised over youth.
Bear Creek- By 20
Heritage- Better Players, Better Coach. Heritage wins a close one at home
CV- Similar teams, CV tougher and at home.

D2 Whitney vs Valley Christian in the Norcal Finals.

I like the bold picks that makes it fun. Pleasant Valley won't lose to Whitney though.

Open:
#1 Mitty vs #8 Odowd: o dowd can matchup with mitty in terms of size but no way they pull it off.
MITTY by 18
#2 SMS vs #7 Cardinal Newman: Tough draw for CN.
SMS by 15
#3 Pinewood vs #6 C let: To quick and too skilled. Clet doesn't have enough offesnive weapons to hang and it is a bad matchup for Bamburger with the pace.
Pinewood by 10
#4 Folsom vs #5 SCPS: I will go Salesian on the road here. They will bring a level of physicality few teams in the state can.
SCPS by 3

D1:
#1 Presentation vs #16 James Logan: Logan didn't beat San leandro on their home court.
Presentation by 25
#2East side Prep vs #15 Oakridge: East side battle tested.
Eastside by 12
#3 Saint Joseph Notre Dame vs #14 McClatchy: things get dicey here. Good game with a potential upset on the horizion. Ill give SJND thed home court edge
SJND by 4
#4 Miramonte vs #13 Edison: The quality of all these games is amazing. Edison is a great 13 seed but MM has no business being a 4 seed. Edison could win this game but they won't thanks to the committee.
MM by 12
#5 Antelope vs #12 Saint Ignatius: Antelope is a surprising team with some scary good talent. SI played good teams all season
Antelope by 2
#6 Bear Creek vs #11 Saint Francis: Don't know much on SF but if they don't have great guards they could get blown out.
BC by 16
#7 Heritage vs #10 Sacred Heart: Both teams misseeded. Sacred hesrt is fresh and will handle heritage style of play and physical Defense.
Sacred Heart by 4
#8 Castro Valley vs #9 Consumes Oaks: Castro Valley can hang with anyone.
CV by 6

D2:
#1 Pleasant Valley vs #16 Sacremento:
PV by 13
#2 Eureka vs #15 Granite Bay: GB played Folsom tight and lost to bear creek by 40 Yea I don't know.
Eureka by 15
#3 Valley Christian vs #14 Arcata: Arcata will be able to score with VC but VC is a D1 caliber team and should hold on but this one should be close VC by 5
#4 SRV vs #13 Menlo: This one will be close throughout as well. 2 good teams that will shoot a lot of 3s.
Srv by 3
#5 Whitney vs #12 Redwood: I'm going to get wild here and call an upset only because I don't know either of these teams. It's march Redwood!
Redwood at the buzzer
#6 Montgomery vs #11 Menlo Atherton: Menlo Atherton shouldbe D1 and I think they are going to beat Montgomery on the road and I wouldn't even call it an upset.
MA by 10
#7 South San Fransisco vs #10 Del Oro: Del Oro plays great competition tight and ill give them benefit of the doubt to keep this a game on the road but they will come up short
SSF by 7
#8 Silver Creek vs #9 Newark Memorial: EVERYONE who plays Newark knows of Haley and it never seems to matter. She is a great player and I will take the best player in this game.
Newark by 3

In my opinion it is the offense, not the players, which primarily features going to Bamburger. And going big as the featured package in general. Although it is kind of late to change the offense (or anything else) completely, it's definitely not too late to adjust it a bit. Carondelet does have a few fundamentally skilled players. Some are pure shooters. While a couple others are more rhythm type scorers who need to get a rhythm going to reach max efficiency. If they ever found a balance between their inside and outside game, and got a few others involved, they would be a nightmare opponent. That one extra pass for a better look, or the best shot, might be the key. Every game is different. Hopefully this will be a very good one.

Best wishes to all post season teams.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT