ADVERTISEMENT

McDonalds All American Game on ESPN2 Now!!

GBBall4L

Sports Fanatic
Dec 15, 2019
For those interested the game is early in the 3rd quarter now.
East up 52-38

Unwatchable! Guards racing down jacking up shots while ignoring their teammates. Tuned in to watch Morgan Cheli and Jordan Lee and instead got to see #22 Cambridge play 1 on 5. Turned it off at halftime.

Reactions: ClayK
Unwatchable! Guards racing down jacking up shots while ignoring their teammates. Tuned in to watch Morgan Cheli and Jordan Lee and instead got to see #22 Cambridge play 1 on 5. Turned it off at halftime.
These all-star games have been a tough watch for awhile.

It was horrible to watch. Too much hero ball. I'm Glad Jordan Lee and Morgan Cheli put on for NorCal and played solid, non selfish basketball. Those two girls are always fun to watch.

Meanwhile, the boy's game was amazing... Barely looked "allstar-ish" at all, all the way to a thrilling finish. The most exciting and well-played All-star game I can remember at any level.

Both teams played team ball, sharing the rock and playing HARD defense. Only thing missing re: the defensive play was the fact the kids had had only a couple practices and a scrimmage together, so sometime the help defense wasn't stellar.

If ya didn't watch, but have ESPN+ or can find the full game on YouTube, find some time to have a look.

Meanwhile, the boy's game was amazing... Barely looked "allstar-ish" at all, all the way to a thrilling finish. The most exciting and well-played All-star game I can remember at any level.

Both teams played team ball, sharing the rock and playing HARD defense. Only thing missing re: the defensive play was the fact the kids had had only a couple practices and a scrimmage together, so sometime the help defense wasn't stellar.

If ya didn't watch, but have ESPN+ or can find the full game on YouTube, find some time to have a look.
I agree. The East battled back and won it surprisingly. That was fun to watch.

Back to the girls for a sec, sort of...

Sarah Strong, co-player of the game at McD's, plays for Grace Christian, a small (but loaded) private facing powerhouse IMG Academy on ESPNU right now... and just DOMINATED the first quarter!

And now Strong is hurt, left knee. As IMG catches fire and takes the lead.

She was out for a while as they worked on the knee... IMG went on 10-3 run... Strong returned and Grace got rolling again. Strong has 31 points and a mountain of rebounds.. Has made five 3's.

Btw, Strong is the only McD's All-American who hasn't signed with a college... But one of her top 3 is UConn, which the main reason I care enough to post here. :)

IMG ended up winning... I think Strong scored 34 for Grace... but the rest of the team scored about 25, and IMG won by something like 70-59.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT