ADVERTISEMENT

Miramonte Showcase

When you have eight games, and 90 minutes per game (plus 10-minute warmup in between), the chances that you get behind schedule are pretty good. And if things go wrong, that 8 p.m. game could start at 8:45.

So with a half-hour extra time between one game, you can generally get back on track and have a chance to keep all the games on schedule.

If you have two hours between each game, you wind up with a lot of down-time, though you can sell more concessions and give everybody lots of time to warm up.

There was a time when NorCals, I think, had games every 1:45, which is a good compromise, but leads to odd start times, and probably is a little too much.

For two high level very good teams, that MM folsom game was one of the sloppiest basketball games I've ever seen. Yuck

MM was making a run at Pinewood's mark for 1st half 3-point futility. they also couldn't make free throws, finished attacks on basket with off-balance prayers. improvements in all three areas created the 14-poiont 2nd half turnaround.

sometimes what we experience as sloppy play is good defense. Folsom extended to contest the 3 and got good help on penetration. can't comment on Folsom's departure from their norm, don't know them. on the whole, yeah, it was pretty ugly.

Mitty puts so much pressure in their transition offense......

Oh for sure. This L mean nothing. They’ll be there come March.
Congratulations to Heritage. Very impressive performance--total dominance. After getting thoroughly beat up by Heritage, McClatchy is not ready for the Open division. Folsom doesn't look so good either. Heritage looks like it belongs in the Open. So maybe Antelope, Sac High in D2 or Bear Creek will get the other Open slot from the Sac-Joaquin Section, joining St. Mary's.

MM was a horrendous game I couldn’t wait for that to end. As far as Ckm open or not I wouldn’t judge it just yet because they were defeated badly today. Heritage yes a open team.

MM was making a run at Pinewood's mark for 1st half 3-point futility. they also couldn't make free throws, finished attacks on basket with off-balance prayers. improvements in all three areas created the 14-poiont 2nd half turnaround.

sometimes what we experience as sloppy play is good defense. Folsom extended to contest the 3 and got good help on penetration. can't comment on Folsom's departure from their norm, don't know them. on the whole, yeah, it was pretty ugly.
I only saw the second half but the PG for MM was fun to watch. Folsom really could not score. Sounds like I did not miss much in the first half.

Didn’t see Ckm losing by 30. Too many easy missed opportunities for ckm. Congrats to heritage on a nice W.

We were missing a few key players due to a family event(Starting point and her sister) but it's next woman up and we didn't get it done. Back to work and props to Heritage.

Folsom was also missing arguably its best player and PG ... wedding, I believe.

And SHCP played a 7:30 game the night before in Mountain View, lost by four, and had to turn around and play at noon in Orinda. O'Dowd also played the night before, but at 5:30. Presumably the Dragons beat Piedmont but score not posted on MaxPreps.

Folsom was also missing arguably its best player and PG ... wedding, I believe.

And SHCP played a 7:30 game the night before in Mountain View, lost by four, and had to turn around and play at noon in Orinda. O'Dowd also played the night before, but at 5:30. Presumably the Dragons beat Piedmont but score not posted on MaxPreps.
Charity was out? She makes that team go. They may have been at the same wedding. lol. We'll see them on 1/23.

Reactions: Paytc
didn't realize that Folsom was missing a major offensive cog. their defense was certainly up to the task. MM has scored fewer than 53 only once in it's 17 other wins. and it took a 20-point 4Q for them to reach that total.

Congratulations to Heritage. Very impressive performance--total dominance. After getting thoroughly beat up by Heritage, McClatchy is not ready for the Open division. Folsom doesn't look so good either. Heritage looks like it belongs in the Open. So maybe Antelope, Sac High in D2 or Bear Creek will get the other Open slot from the Sac-Joaquin Section, joining St. Mary's.

Good points. I understand Folsom played without arguably their top player and PG, so perhaps that had an impact on how they performed? Sometimes one player can make a big difference. Looks like I missed a few tough match ups. You can't always know how games will turn out until they're played. Im sure most didn't see New England getting up 38 to 7 over the L.A. Chargers at one point. Which put the game away.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT