ADVERTISEMENT

Mitty's Haley Jones picks........

she couldn't go wrong with any of her choices.. congrats to her.

I'm actually surprised how little we as a forum have talked about this recruitment... predictions, opinions, etc. Pretty cool that we have the #1 prospect in our backyard, along with a ton of local talent not far behind her. We talk about the talent being down but nor cal has become a staple in the rankings, both individuals and teams, in the national scene. We are lucky!

It seems to appear that Uconns days as the top program in the country are numbered. Last year the got two late top picks. Usually players commit early to UConn. It appears they committed because the cupboard was bare and they saw it as an opportunity for early playing time. This year they missed out on all the players they really wanted. It appears that Geno is thinking calling it quits and that might be influencing recruits as well.

It seems to appear that Uconns days as the top program in the country are numbered. Last year the got two late top picks. Usually players commit early to UConn. It appears they committed because the cupboard was bare and they saw it as an opportunity for early playing time. This year they missed out on all the players they really wanted. It appears that Geno is thinking calling it quits and that might be influencing recruits as well.

I really think Stanford is a no brainer for any girl who's looking to play competitive D1 basketball. Great run in the tourney, amazing education. Sure you can get a national championship at UConn, but after playing a Stanford degree is worth so much more in the long run. Glad to see her sticking around and hope she's as impactful next year as other locals that have made names for themselves at other universities. Good luck!

Reactions: Scott2138 and Paytc
Going to South Carolina might have been a bad choice considering all of the options she had on the table. But I get the point.
"Bad" is strong.. in the big picture it is easy to say from our perspective that it might be so, but if her dream was to play for Team USA in the Olympics, then playing for that coach for 4 years wouldn't be out of the question (obviously that would have to fall in line with a number of other factors). But overall you and I agree..

Haley continues a great run of top players nationally in the area (Ionescu, DeCosta and now Haley). Doesn't include some other top players who weren't necessary Top 5 type talent.

I'm not sure if it came down to this, but I thought it was Stanford or UCONN. Tough to turn down UCONN especially when they put on the full court press, but the Stanford draw with the education and being local is hard to beat.

Where would everyone rank the Pac-12 nationally? On the girls side, they seem to be making strides in that department

Awesome parents, awesome high school experience, and off to Stanford. I think we should do a story on Haley Jones because it's already developing into a fairy tale ending. And it's just starting to really take off. My sincere congratulations go out to Haley Jones and her family. And best wishes for her finishing her senior season at Mitty.

Thanks observer22 for posting the clip !

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT