ADVERTISEMENT

Modesto Christian tourney day 2

kiddman32

Hall of Famer
Nov 25, 2012
just arrived to see the end of the Ripon-Centennial game, won by Ripon...

In earlier games, SPSV and Bakersfield Christian got easy wins...

Now we have what should be an entertaining battle between Beyer and Lincoln-Stockton.

Then we have the winners bracket:

3pm: Clovis West v Vanden
4:30: Weston Ranch v Turlock
6pm: Modesto Christian v Manteca
7:30: Campo v Foothill-Bakersfield.

One of Beyer’s top guards, Don Dancer, goes down with an ankle injury, but Beyer keeps at it, now up 19-11 with 3:05 left in the 1st.

Lincoln gets a breakaway layup at the buzzer to pull within 1... 22-21 Beyer after 1.

Wowie.... Action so fast I really had no time for posting during that quarter... It’s 49-43 Beyer at the half...

65-54 Beyer late in the 3rd... they’ve threatened to pull away a few times now, but just can’t quite do it.

Now we have powerhouse Clovis West v Vanden in the first of today’s winners bracket games...

I happen to be sitting among the Vanden supporters, so I’ll be really quiet about my prediction... cuz it’s Clovis West, possibly by a large margin.

Getting ready to load the poor kid on a stretcher... Immobilizing, all that, takes time.

He’s on stretcher... teammates came over to support... and so did all the Clovis kids... Good on ‘em.

It looked for a bit like Clovis might pull clear, but then Vanden said, “BLEEP your predictions, Kiddman32!” and fought right back into it... 39-36 Clovis at the half in a tremendous ball game!

Fouled the 3 shooter... Clovis knocks down 2, time out with another one left. I’d guess miss and try to rebound then take a 3... 9 secs left.

Miss, not on purpose.. Vanden rebound, fouled... misses both. Clovis has ball at own end, down 3 with 6 secs left...

Another time out after advancing to forecourt... 1.7 left. One shot at a 3 for overtime...

Aaaaaaaandddddd.... they throw it away!!!

Westin Ranch takes on Turlock next... I think Ranch should get this one, but then I whiffed on the last one...

13-3... Turlock needs to figure what to do about Ranch’s speed or they’ll get blasted right outahere...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT