ADVERTISEMENT

Mor Seck to Prolific Prep

ayalar09

Hall of Famer
Feb 18, 2018
So looks like Seck is finally leaving Riordan. He will be suiting up and is listed to play for Prolific Prep next season.

I still think Riordan is tops in that league next year....but I honestly think this is Zion Sensley's last year with Riordan before moving onto Prep School or OverTime League

That's a Big L for Riordan. Any word on Sensley & Wilhite returning?

if we arent already there now, pretty much the best way to keep the kids from leaving is paying them. well lets not kid ourselves here, the "student" and their family already receives full rides but that just aint going to cut it nowadays.

High School basketball RIP
I don't see it that way. Yes, it is going to be different and projected high level players aren't going to stay for four years in traditional HS basketball, but the sport will be fine

I don't see it that way. Yes, it is going to be different and projected high level players aren't going to stay for four years in traditional HS basketball, but the sport will be fineI don’t see how you see itraditional high school basketball will be fine if you don’t projected high level players staying at traditional high schoo; eventually the prep academy will start JV teams and will start snagging kids early

Here is why I think it will be fine. Yes, this coming season, it is safe to say players like Jalen Lewis, Oziyah Sellers and Jaylen Thompson would be All-NorCal type players if they were still here. Does that mean there won't be All-Metro, All-Area, All-NorCal, All-State teams? It just means new players will be on those teams and we will still have big league games, playoffs, etc.

Obviously it is different and the top end talent won't be the same, but I can't square away this trend killing traditional high school basketball.

Last edited:
Here is why I think it will be fine. Yes, this coming season, it is safe to say players like Jalen Lewis, Oziyah Sellers and Jaylen Thompson would be All-NorCal type players if they were still here. Does that mean there won't be All-Metro, All-Area, All-NorCal, All-State teams? It just means new players will be on those teams and we will still have big league games, playoffs, etc.

Obviously it is different and the top end talent won't be the same, but I can't square away this trend killing traditional high school basketball.
I agree. Hs basketball is going nowhere. The top 5% or less may go the prep or pro route but with so many kids playing AAU the hs seasons will run as normal. Maybe less dunks at the HS level but still competitive hoop to enjoy

Reactions: PatCarrillo
The one disappointing thing is Riordan really had a shot of doing something really special this upcoming season if Sek had stayed. They are still a really good team, but Sek is a gamechanger.

Reactions: jordan24
I may post “Good Trouble” about HS prep BB. But I truly believe with the culture of Riordan and it’s Coach. It is more about next man up.

IMHO….Coach Curtin will be fine and adjust, thus Riordan will be good and still be the one with a target on its back.

Good basketball programs survive and
still achieve success because they are
just that A GOOD PROGRAM which is always about more then 1 player its about a group of players and coaches striving for sucess as a whole unit.Lets
Not forget dublin lost a league MVP
to another school a couple years ago won the league and lost a classic norcal semi final game to Sheldon after losing
There best player coach curtain and
Crusaders will be just fine!

oh no! not the brotherhood !!!! :eek:
Am I hearing a sexist slant😳
Haven’t you heard, it’s not the brother hood anymore. It is the Crusader Family (Brotherhood & Sisterhood) thus making it and more diverse and more powerful.

I not asking you to get “woke”, just wake up and keep up🤣🤣

Am I hearing a sexist slant😳
Haven’t you heard, it’s not the brother hood anymore. It is the Crusader Family (Brotherhood & Sisterhood) thus making it and more diverse and more powerful.

I not asking you to get “woke”, just wake up and keep up🤣🤣
Going co-ed finally is awesome. About time. Except for the weak move of not being in WCAL. Dont want Mitty to smoke you by 30 like the rest of us?

I have an idea the Riordan girls will join the Mitty Invitational League, ummmm…. the WCAL in a couple years.

Going co-ed finally is awesome. About time. Except for the weak move of not being in WCAL. Dont want Mitty to smoke you by 30 like the rest of us?
Well it’s 1-1 vs the Lady Irish with a Crusader team that had no seniors. Give it time. The move will occur to the WCAL. The Coaching foundation and support are in place Btw - How’s that coaching search going? 😉

Last edited:
Reactions: SFcityfan
well a bad move by Seck. He needs playing time. Not training. Court time...At Riorsan he would play 30 minutes a game. At Prolific he will share minutes...But this all points to his Guardian or person who was speaking for him. In trying to speed up the process of Seck reclassifying, he screwed him. A lot of these kids are getting bad advice. But 🙏🏾for him. I hope it works out for him.

I was hoping he’d stay. He still is very raw but definitely has the physical tools and drive to get better. Needs to work on his footwork and low post in the “lab” and more playing time. Similar to what Vaihola did. He really improved his game his senior season. The WCAL’s other big men have graduated, so makes sense he’s gone to PP to play with others his own size. He’d just be chasing down wing shooters thisyear. Not sure how many minutes he’ll get at PP or amount of touches as they have several big men and loads of talent. Also, Mor is already on the radar of D1 schools so don’t know how much PP adds.

I was hoping he’d stay. He still is very raw but definitely has the physical tools and drive to get better. Needs to work on his footwork and low post in the “lab” and more playing time. Similar to what Vaihola did. He really improved his game his senior season. The WCAL’s other big men have graduated, so makes sense he’s gone to PP to play with others his own size. He’d just be chasing down wing shooters thisyear. Not sure how many minutes he’ll get at PP or amount of touches as they have several big men and loads of talent. Also, Mor is already on the radar of D1 schools so don’t know how much PP adds.
it doesn't. He needs court time. That's what he needs. 30 mins a game.

In other hoops news, SH with a huge addition! Drumroll........... The gym got a fancy video scoreboard! Now we have the best scorer's table and scoreboard in the league! 😆😆😆

Reactions: Irish_Cheers
So looks like Seck is finally leaving Riordan. He will be suiting up and is listed to play for Prolific Prep next season.

I still think Riordan is tops in that league next year....but I honestly think this is Zion Sensley's last year with Riordan before moving onto Prep School or OverTime League
Sensley left Riordan as you predicted. A year early. A Bad move in my opinion. He looks like he will be Stephen Domingo 2.0. But we shall see.

Last edited:
In other hoops news, SH with a huge addition! Drumroll........... The gym got a fancy video scoreboard! Now we have the best scorer's table and scoreboard in the league! 😆😆😆
One more thing for the haters to be jealous about.

Sensley left Riordan as you predicted. A year early. A Bad move in my opinion. He looks lije he will be Stephen Domingo 2.0. But we shall see.
that would be Domingo 3.0. .... 2.0 was Riiny Riiny. 6'9 and was allergic to the paint.

Sensley now at Prolific with Sek. Lets see if KJW is on the move or he should be loving this. He doesnt have to share the ball anymore and can get up as many shots as he wants.

Lots of NorCal’s leaving for Prep schools over the past 2 years. Jesuit’s Silva, MC’s Sellers, DLS’s Bunch, Riordan’s Seck and Sensley and BOD’s Jalen Lewis going pro.

This really shakes up the WCAL. The amount of talent leaving the conference via graduation and transfers is something I don't think has ever happened before.

Personally, I am stunned Sensley is leaving at such a young age. Usually Prolific Prep would go after Junior and Seniors only. Now I guess anyone is game.

Right now I would say Mitty is still the top of the conference but 2-4 is a huge shakeup now. Id go as far to say as SI, who only graduated 2 players last year, maybe the best bet to give Mitty some problems.

Riordan now goes from sure Bay Area Powerhouse destination, to IMO average at best. KJW could stay and put up a million shots, but I think now that Sensley/Seck are gone, I wouldn't be surprised to see him at a school like Southern California Academy very soon....not sure if Prolific Prep has room for him with the additions of Dior Johnson and Richard Isaacs Jr. recently.

This really shakes up the WCAL. The amount of talent leaving the conference via graduation and transfers is something I don't think has ever happened before.

Personally, I am stunned Sensley is leaving at such a young age. Usually Prolific Prep would go after Junior and Seniors only. Now I guess anyone is game.

Right now I would say Mitty is still the top of the conference but 2-4 is a huge shakeup now. Id go as far to say as SI, who only graduated 2 players last year, maybe the best bet to give Mitty some problems.

Riordan now goes from sure Bay Area Powerhouse destination, to IMO average at best. KJW could stay and put up a million shots, but I think now that Sensley/Seck are gone, I wouldn't be surprised to see him at a school like Southern California Academy very soon....not sure if Prolific Prep has room for him with the additions of Dior Johnson and Richard Isaacs Jr. recently.
Agreed, there will definitely be a shakeup behind Mitty. Looks like R still has a good pipeline of talent returning from their winning frosh and jv teams. Assuming they didn't get a 6'10" boarding program student or any other transfers, they will not have the height they've had the last few seasons.

Last edited:

Isaacs left already back to Coronado ( Vegas)

Issacs already left.... they have had a huge turnover of players this offseason. Two of their best starters just left for hillcrest prep and dream city Christian.

Agreed, there will definitely be a shakeup behind Mitty. Looks like R still has a good pipeline of talent returning from their winning frosh and jv teams. Assuming they didn't get a 6'10" boarding program student or any other transfers, they will not have the height they've had the last few seasons.
Riordan had 3 Top 25 NorCal 2024 players. Now they're down to 2 in Quinton Bundage and Cortevious Taylor. Add the returning varsity players that included Bundage and sophs King Willhite and Achilles Woodson. A number of promising wing size players up from last year's frosh and JVs are also set to join the Varsity this year. Curtin’s goal was to build a program from top to bottom and he’s done that…Definitely a hit, but the Crusaders will remain competitive. Mitty and SI (based on their returning players) look to be the favorites with St. Francis and Riordan close behind. Valley Christian could be a darkhorse.

Last edited:

Riordan will be good. Solid. In the top four I. leqgue They have two transfers that will play this year. 6 foot 5 wing types with KJW and a solid cast of players. Good size at 6 foot 4 [at least 3 other players] etc....They have some talent in the pipeline...

Sensely leaving is puzzling. What is the rush? He will go from being a starter and a first or second option to maybe not even really playing...People sell this dream about training and or going up against pros/college guys. The bottom line you get better playing on the floor. In games. Game situations. And playing in pressure situations with the game on the line. Not being a practice player.

Again this is Stephen Domingo 2.0 at the high school level.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT