ADVERTISEMENT

National high school football polls

Nov 19, 2011
hi, i wondering how many national high school football polls are there. right now, i count 7.
1. Max preps xcellent (human poll)
2. Max preps freeman computer which is the same a Calpreps.
3. USA Today poll
4 High school football of America (HSFA)
5. Massey ratings
6. Prep Force
7. Prep Nation National Prep Poll (NPP)

i realize there are a couple of sites that lists composite rankings, but i don't count those. I just wanted to know the individual polls.

So, Am i missing any other polls?

thank you in advance

fyi, Mater Dei #1 in HSFA, Massey, Max preps computer (freeman) or (calpreps), and USA today
North shore #1 in Prep Force, Prep Nation (NPP), and Max Prep Xcellent

Bluestar media also does a poll

Notice something interesting about the final polls the 3 algorithm polls have MD 1 along with the longest running human poll.While the 3 human polls have North Shore.My feeling is the human polls become prisoners of the moment because the Texas championship game was so good and ended on a Hail Mary TD

Normally, i wouldnt mind or care. But Folks need to understand and recognize IMG. A true national program. A powerhouse in any state. Theyve got the cheat code no one else has to highest level and degree. They were the closest to anything resembling DLS 150 streak. This must be recognized.

Reactions: lt1488
Good point on IMG. I would like to see all the national hs football powers agree not to schedule IMG. That way they would have no good teams to play.

Off the topic a bit.

The only way most schools can start to compete with IMG is to cheat. They are in the football business, not HS Football in my opinion. They are more prep school to me.

It's think that the only way you can get to that level is to cheat. Im not saying IMG cheats, I am saying a public school can't get there without cheating or having unseen before advantages within a district, town and school.

It does seem as if private schools are slowly trying to become more like an IMG. I think this could have a big impact on the HS football enviroment and whole foundation. I think its bad for HS Football but good for business.

My .02 cents.

Off the topic a bit.

The only way most schools can start to compete with IMG is to cheat. They are in the football business, not HS Football in my opinion. They are more prep school to me.

It's think that the only way you can get to that level is to cheat. Im not saying IMG cheats, I am saying a public school can't get there without cheating or having unseen before advantages within a district, town and school.

It does seem as if private schools are slowly trying to become more like an IMG. I think this could have a big impact on the HS football enviroment and whole foundation. I think its bad for HS Football but good for business.

My .02 cents.

I disagree.Centennial had IMG on the ropes and should have beaten them only losing by 1 on a 2 point play with seconds left in the game

Could they do that if IMG was in there back yard taking those best kids? I think we have a handful of teams spread across the US that can play with them.

Could they do that if IMG was in there back yard taking those best kids? I think we have a handful of teams spread across the US that can play with them.

IMG has already taken kids from Upland,Calabasas and SJB so yes they could still do it

Last edited:
Bluestar media also does a poll

Notice something interesting about the final polls the 3 algorithm polls have MD 1 along with the longest running human poll.While the 3 human polls have North Shore.My feeling is the human polls become prisoners of the moment because the Texas championship game was so good and ended on a Hail Mary TD
Thanks Ararar for the info on an additional poll, blue star media. I see they picked MD as #1

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT