ADVERTISEMENT

NBL Shaughnessy/league playoffs Friday

CN #23 fouled, first FT bounces 3 times and out… missed the 2nd…. Monty spins more clock…. Monty offensive board…. ths baby’s ovah.

Final score: Monty 53, CN 41.

Monty's 2 bigs..Izeyah and Ule were the difference. It's the 1st time in the 3 game series where I thought Monty's maturity and size came into play. Izeyah and Ule cleaned up the boards limiting CN to 1 and done. CN ability to get to the basket was neutralized also by their size and CN didn't hit alot from the outside. CN really had a difficult time scoring. Good win for Monty, they controlled the game the 2nd half and it never felt like CN was going to win once Monty grabbed the lead in the 3rd.

Last edited:
I think that @Bitter Branson Fan and @winetot would definitely agree that the North Bay is officially back! @northbaybbguru the coverage on ysn365 didn't catch it, but in my 1st time in the new gym at Rancho, the first thing that I did notice was that glass opening near the almost lobby entrance at the southwest corner had some hanging bright lights that could be distracting, especially if you're shooting from the right half of the court. Coincidence both teams had their better halves attacking the east half of the court? Maybe as a former and probably current sharp shooter @larry legend33 can confirm or deny if that would be distracting and not help with depth perception? Second thing I noticed is the scoreboard above center court, great for the fans, awful for the players. I know both hoops have shot clocks, but those those turn off inside of 35 tics obviously. The players have to depend on their benches to count down the game clock, which CN students wisely took advantage of last night chanting mock count downs. Players on the court shouldn't have to look straight up or backwards to confirm the score and time left as they bring the ball up the court. There was one scoreboard on the wall in the northwest corner, but it wasn't on. Didn't see if there was one on the east wall. But those have got to be turned on in the future. Great Game, hopefully there is still a lot of basketball to be played this winter by the area's top teams. Awesome rundown @kiddman32

There were four wall scoreboards, none in operation. maybe the scoreboard controller box can only run one or the other.

Solution: Some newer shot-clocks have both game clock and shot clock on them. I know DLS has those, and just about every NBA and most college arenas have the new ones. That might be less expensive and easier to manage... I have seen so many times where they can't seem to get all the regular full scoreboards in sync... DLS has had that problem... and Haas Pavilion has had the problem more than just about anyplace.

Reactions: UncleYacht
I think that @Bitter Branson Fan and @winetot would definitely agree that the North Bay is officially back! @northbaybbguru the coverage on ysn365 didn't catch it, but in my 1st time in the new gym at Rancho, the first thing that I did notice was that glass opening near the almost lobby entrance at the southwest corner had some hanging bright lights that could be distracting, especially if you're shooting from the right half of the court. Coincidence both teams had their better halves attacking the east half of the court? Maybe as a former and probably current sharp shooter @larry legend33 can confirm or deny if that would be distracting and not help with depth perception? Second thing I noticed is the scoreboard above center court, great for the fans, awful for the players. I know both hoops have shot clocks, but those those turn off inside of 35 tics obviously. The players have to depend on their benches to count down the game clock, which CN students wisely took advantage of last night chanting mock count downs. Players on the court shouldn't have to look straight up or backwards to confirm the score and time left as they bring the ball up the court. There was one scoreboard on the wall in the northwest corner, but it wasn't on. Didn't see if there was one on the east wall. But those have got to be turned on in the future. Great Game, hopefully there is still a lot of basketball to be played this winter by the area's top teams. Awesome rundown @kiddman32

in other news, bomber exacts revenge on Ukiah #NBL*RedwoodChamps

Uncle Yacht - Justin-Siena scrimmaged Montgomery early in the season and it looked to me that they have improved quite a bit from week 1. Both Montgomery and Cardinal Newman are good teams. I am not ready to say that the North Bay is back yet. Let's see how everyone does this week.

GURU - As for the Bomber, 7th best in the NBL may be true. I am the first to remind Coach that Lakes, Valleys and Villes should not count when he is calculating his 860 something wins. With that said CN has a great record this year, what tournaments did they play in early in the season?

@UncleYacht , the game within the game. I like your insights on the gym. I always loved playing at Haelh Pavilion on the grounds of SRJC. (Under the oaks as us locals like to say). Just a great place to have a championship.
I've been on the monty bus all year. They have size, great coaching, and probably the best player in the redwood empire in Devries. Wright gives them a 6"4-6'5 athlete who just signed with NM State on a FB scholarship. No reason they won't be playing for the NCS D2 title if you ask me.
Newman is a year away. They are super young and I didn't think they would be very good this year but have put together a solid group. I believe right now they start 2 soph, 1 fresh, and 2 Jr. With that said, they are going to have a very tough time in quarterfinals against winner of American Canyon & St Pats from Vallejo. I watched St Pats play a couple times in Folsom tourney and they will give Newman problems and have played very good schedule.
Surprisingly D5 is pretty good this year so SV is going to have a lot to overcome with the likes of Stuart Hall and Head Royce as favorites. I think St Vincents will win a couple games however. They are pretty good at this level especially with Cole Williams in lineup.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT