ADVERTISEMENT

NCP Pick'em Week 2

Streak One

Hall of Famer
Staff
Nov 11, 2003
Here are the games for this week. Picks are due by 7:00 PM on Friday. The Game of the Week is Menlo-Atherton vs. Mitty

Bishop Manogue at Placer
Merced at Downey
St. Mary's at Central Catholic
Capital Christian at Grant
Miramonte at Las Lomas
Rancho Cotate at El Cerrito
Piedmont at Menlo
Palo Alto at Half Moon Bay
Aptos at Aragon
Mitty vs. Menlo-Atherton

10. Central Catholic
9. Bishop Manogue
8. Mitty 35-27
7. Downey
6. Half Moon Bay
5. Capital Chrisitan
4. Piedmont
3. Aptos
2. Miramonte
1. Rancho Cotate

Last edited:
10 Mitty (35-20)
9 Central Catholic
8 Bishop Manogue
7 Downey
6 Miramonte
5 Rancho Cotate
4 Piedmont
3 Half Moon Bay
2 Aragon
1 Capital Christian

I need to start paying more attention to the CCS and NCS. Some of these games I have no clue!

Reactions: Dan12Kings
10 Half Moon Bay
9 Mitty (35-20)
8 Piedmont
7 Grant
6 Bishop Manogue
5 St. Mary's
4 Aragon
3 Las Lomas
2 Merced
1 Rancho Cotate

Hmmmm,no one thinks the lil straw chewers from Auburn(Placer) can win vs Bishop Manogue.....well I certainly think they can,lol.But hey I don’t play pick em’s I rely on you guys the experts,with stats and players and injuries to girlfriend problems,lol.I got lucky 2-3 yrs bk when everyone went other way,I forgot the game but I got lucky and chose winner.I hear BM is good but so are these lil straw chewers,they’re mostly all bk from last yrs State finals run.In the Nor Cal Championship game Placer was behind by 3 td’s to CCS D1 Salinas,21-0 and 27-7 in the first qtr yet came bk and won with a team that was mostly soph’s and jr’s,that nucleus is bk this yr.Could BM beat Placer by 3-4 td’s yes they could,could Placer upset BM......yes they can!...I like their chances and I like this program under Coach Montoya.Good luck to all of you on your picks,I learn from all of you.........Go Placer....Go SJS!

Last edited:
10. Mitty (36-21)

9. Bishop Manogue

8. Las Lomas

7. Rancho Cotate

6. St. Mary's

5. Piedmont

4. Aptos

3. Capital Christian

2. Merced

1. Palo Alto

10. Grant
9. Placer
8. Central catholic
7. Mitty 23-13
6. Rancho cotate
5. Merced
4. Las lomas
3. Hmb
2. Aptos
1. Piedmont

*theres something about placer that i really like. Ive watched the state bowl game a few times and the offense was really good. They remind me of the early nu championship squads

Last edited:
Reactions: championcif75
10. Mitty (37-21)
9. St. Mary's
8. Las Lomas
7. El Cerrito
6. Piedmont
5. Downey
4. Placer
3. Grant
2. Aragon
1. HMB

Bishop Manogue at Placer- BM 4
Merced at Downey-2 Merced
St. Mary's at Central Catholic-CC 10
Capital Christian at Grant- grant 3
Miramonte at Las Lomas- LL 8
Rancho Cotate at El Cerrito- RC 6
Piedmont at Menlo- piedmont 1
Palo Alto at Half Moon Bay-hmb 9
Aptos at Aragon- aragon 7
Mitty vs. Menlo-Atherton- MA 5 (21-14)

SearsPoints Says:

10. Half Moon Bay
9. Mitty (34-20)
8. Piedmont
7. Las Lomas
6. Rancho Cotate
5. Central Catholic
4. Aptos
3. Merced
2. Bishop Manogue
1. Grant

10. Bishop Manogue
9. HMB
8. Piedmont
7. Grant
6. Las Lomas
5. Rancho Cotati
4. Aptos
3. CC
2. Merced
1. Mitty 28-20

10. Central Catholic
9. Half Moon Bay
8. Miramonte
7. Grant
6 Rancho
5. Menlo
4. Mitty 24-21
3. Aptos
2. Downey
1. Placer

10) Central Catholic
9) Downey
8) Miramonte
7) Rancho Cotate
6) Aptos
5) Mitty (34-31)
4) HMB
3) Placer
2) Piedmont
1) Grant

Las Lomas
Capital Christian
St. Mary's
Placer
El Cerrito
Half Moon Bay
Mitty (27-24)
Menlo
Aragon
Downey

10) Half Moon Bay
9) Rancho Cotate
8) Piedmont
7) Las Lomas
6) Merced
5) Bishop Manogue
4) Central Catholic
3) Grant
2) Aragon
1) Menlo-Atherton (21-20)

Placer
Merced
Central Catholic
Grant
Lomas
Rancho Cotate
Menlo
Palo Alto
Aragon
Menlo-Atherton

10 Half Moon Bay
9 Aragon
8 Bishop Manogue
7 El Cerrito
6 Las Lomas
5 Capital Christian
4 St. Mary's
3 Mitty (28-21)
2 Merced
1 Menlo

10. Aptos
9. HMB
8. Piedmont
7. Bishop Manague
6. Merced
5. Miramonte
4. Rancho
3. MA (31-22)
2. Cent Cath
1. Cap Xian

Hmmmm,no one thinks the lil straw chewers from Auburn(Placer) can win vs Bishop Manogue.....well I certainly think they can,lol.But hey I don’t play pick em’s I rely on you guys the experts,with stats and players and injuries to girlfriend problems,lol.I got lucky 2-3 yrs bk when everyone went other way,I forgot the game but I got lucky and chose winner.I hear BM is good but so are these lil straw chewers,they’re mostly all bk from last yrs State finals run.In the Nor Cal Championship game Placer was behind by 3 td’s to CCS D1 Salinas,21-0 and 27-7 in the first qtr yet came bk and won with a team that was mostly soph’s and jr’s,that nucleus is bk this yr.Could BM beat Placer by 3-4 td’s yes they could,could Placer upset BM......yes they can!...I like their chances and I like this program under Coach Montoya.Good luck to all of you on your picks,I learn from all of you.........Go Placer....Go SJS!
They certainly can win it. I think it will be a pickem type of game. Manogue has a good QB and very good RB and they are very disciplined. May have a little more speed, and are disciplined. Monogue is probably #2 -4 team in Northern Nevada according to my thought. Placer is very disciplined and strong class and defeated a pretty good Salinas team in a nail biter. Both teams return most of their teams. I haven't decided yet, the tough thing about this week is more than half the games can go either way. This is a very tough pickem week.

10. Downey
9. Half Moon Bay
8. El Cerrito
7. Placer
6. Menlo
5. Las Lomas
4. Mitty (31-27)
3. Aptos
2. Grant
1. St. Mary's

10. Central Catholic
9. Mitty
8. Bishop Manogue
7.Las Lomas
6. Half Moon Bay
5. Cap Christian
4. Piedmont
3. El Cerrito
2. Downey
1. Aragon

NorCalSportsFan Picks:

10. Las Lomas
9. Merced
8. Central Catholic
7. Half Moon Bay
6. Grant
5. Mitty (21-14)
4. Bishop Manogue
3. El Cerrito
2. Aptos
1. Piedmont

Will be at the Palma v Sacred Heart Cathedral game tonight.

Out most of the week and I come back to this! I didn't have much time to research but maybe dice would better than research.

10 Half Moon Bay
9 Rancho Cotate
8 Aptos
7 Las Lomas
6 Central Catholic
5 Grant
4 Mitty (28-24)
3 Piedmont
2 Bishop Manogue
1 Downey

10. Merced Over Downey
9. Mitty Over Menlo-Atherton
8. St. Mary's Over Central Catholic
7. Half Moon Bay Over Palo Alto
6. Menlo Over Piedmont
5. Aptos Over Aragon
4. Capital Christian Over Grant
3. Placer Over Bishop Manogue
2. Las Lomas Over Miramonte
1. Rancho Cotate Over El Cerrito

Well it certainly appears Placer has it’s hands full tonight.I haven’t researched BM but from what I have heard from all of you who do research for your pics this BM team is highly ranked and very well coached.Placer coaches tell me as all you have as well by your posts and pics BM is a pretty darn good team...well I believe you.With that said Placer is well coached as well and these kids are all home grown right here in Auburn with an occasional transfer here or there,with that said our boys are going to have to put it all out there to even have a shot at beating BM or just to keep it close.I believe in these kids and taking on a BM says a lot about Coach Montoya and what he thinks of his boys..........good for him,you want to be or be called the best you got to play the best.Praying for a very safe injury free for both teams and competitive game.Go Placer....Go SJS.

Awwww the heck with it,i’m a former Placer player (1975 SJS Div AA Championship)and we were confident then and i’m confident now.......I have to be,lol. Placer 35. Bishop Manogue 31.BTW it was Coach Montoya’s grandfather Bill Miller who I had the privilege of playing for(it must be in the genes lol)

Last edited:
10) HMB
09) Las Lomas
08) Mitty (28-21)
07) Piedmont
06) Grant
05) Rancho Cotate
04) Bishop Manogue
03) Merced
02) Aptos
01) St. Mary's ... my confidence sunk in my Rams to the lowest after last weeks embarrassing loss as my 10 pointer. Hard to beat CC at CC, but hoping St. Mary's finds a way to rebound and turn the ship around. GO RAMS!!!

10. Central Catholic
9. Piedmont
8. Aptos
7. Mitty 31-21
6. Half Moon Bay
5. Merced
4. Las Lomas
3. Rancho Cotate
2. Bishop Manogue
1. Capital Christian

10-Rancho Cotate
9–Piedmont
8–Placer
7–Grant
6–Menlo-Atherton(24-21)
5–Downey
4–St. Mary’s
3–Las Lomas
2–Aragon
1–Palo Alto

Menlo Atheron vs Mitty Straw Poll 8/31/2018, 6:05PM
26 confidence votes, 23 score predictions
Mitty Win: 21 votes; average confidence 6.3
Menlp Atherton Win: 5 votes; average confidence 2.4

Sum average score prediction:
Mitty: 28 ~ Menlo Atherton: 22

The few venturing a pick of Menlo Atherton were far less confident than those picking Mitty.

10. Mitty 34-21
9. Bishop Manogue
8. Las Lomas
7. Rancho Cotate
6. Half Moon Bay
5. Merced
4. Menlo
3. Central Catholic
2. Grant
1. Aragon

Congrats to all of you that picked Placer,on paper I can see why the MAJORITY of you picked BM.....but sometimes the heart ❤️ speaks louder,i’ve been a part of it yrs ago under Bill Miller (Coach Montoya’s grandfather)and have seen it again since Joey Montoya has taken over as Placer Coach..........that tradition is BACK in Auburn.....just do the research and compare the two......it’s amazing,and WE alumni and supporters are loving it......just simple hard work and grit and determination to succeed on that field as a TEAM.Again Congratulations to Coach Montoya and his staff and the Placer Hillmen for a great win vs a very good Bishop Manogue team from Nevada.............BRAVO!

Congrats to all of you that picked Placer,on paper I can see why the MAJORITY of you picked BM.....but sometimes the heart ❤️ speaks louder,i’ve been a part of it yrs ago under Bill Miller (Coach Montoya’s grandfather)and have seen it again since Joey Montoya has taken over as Placer Coach..........that tradition is BACK in Auburn.....just do the research and compare the two......it’s amazing,and WE alumni and supporters are loving it......just simple hard work and grit and determination to succeed on that field as a TEAM.Again Congratulations to Coach Montoya and his staff and the Placer Hillmen for a great win vs a very good Bishop Manogue team from Nevada.............BRAVO!
Wow! 69 points! Good for them! Proved me wrong in the pick em!

I am going to have to check out a Hillmen home game. One of my fav venues!

8 winners... If I just picked Mitty and that goofy Bishop Mannodefense last, I would have lost 3 points instead of 19.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT