ADVERTISEMENT

NCP Pick'em Week 2

Wow my #10 pick has lost 3 weeks in a row & I'm by no means alone. Seems too many of us are falling into the early season hype of some teams ..need to go back to going with some of the "underdogs"..

Wow my #10 pick has lost 3 weeks in a row & I'm by no means alone. Seems too many of us are falling into the early season hype of some teams ..need to go back to going with some of the "underdogs"..
Plaaaaaacerrrrrrrrrrr(wink)

Menlo Atheron vs Mitty Straw Poll 8/31/2018, 6:05PM
26 confidence votes, 23 score predictions
Mitty Win: 21 votes; average confidence 6.3
Menlp Atherton Win: 5 votes; average confidence 2.4

Sum average score prediction:
Mitty: 28 ~ Menlo Atherton: 22

The few venturing a pick of Menlo Atherton were far less confident than those picking Mitty.

This is the first week the straw poll was wrong. Eighty-one percent of the posters at the time of the straw poll thought Mitty would win at a fairly strong confidence level. Many posters may have struggled with the same issue I did. Menlo Atherton was the better team on paper. But last year, they were often the better team on paper and lost. So I went with the idea that the M-A team would have the same inefficiency issues this year too. Seems to be different this year.

Here are the weekly results. Please submit any corrections by 12:00 PM on Tuesday. FootballJunkie101 beat Cal 14 on the first tiebreaker (FBJunkie's first miss was at 6 points, Cal 14 was at 7 points)

Merced beat Dowey 47-44

Central Catholic beat St. Mary’s 33-20

Capital Christian beat Grant 42-14

Placer beat Bishop Manogue 69-40

Las Lomas beat Miramonte 41-13

Rancho Cotate beat El Cerrito 30-7

Piedmont beat Menlo 30-28

Menlo-Atherton beat Mitty 28-21

Aptos beat Aragon 56-21

Palo Alto beat Half Moon Bay 45-7

FootballJunkie101 40

Cal 14 40

SPortela24 39

Dan12Kings 37

Sacchiefs 35

NorCalHSFan 35

Bella123 34

SearsPoints 33

FBAddict 33

MC415 32

Irish_Cheers 30

NorCalSportsFan 30

Ncscalfootball 28

Rmbr26 27

Espot 26

Folsom77 26

Bulldogmgc 26

Cuba_Libre 25

Cashking18 23

Lakers2480Bulldogs 23

RLS13 20

John Mellencamp 19

Kiddman32 18

Streak One 16

mshNasty 15

EN_FB_Alum 14

Hatchball 13

Yearly Top 5

1.Cal 14 111

2. NorCalSportsFan 108

2. FBAddict 108

4. NorCalHSFan 107

5. FootballJunkie101 106

Reactions: Dan12Kings
Congrats to me for being DFL this week. o_O

Dont worry brotha! Im sure i hold the record for having the all-time worst score in one week with a grand total of 6 points! Remember this, if you ever feel down about your pickems score, just think to youself "at least i wasnt the kat who only got 6 points"!

Dont worry brotha! Im sure i hold the record for having the all-time worst score in one week with a grand total of 6 points! Remember this, if you ever feel down about your pickems score, just think to youself "at least i wasnt the kat who only got 6 points"!
Idk looks like this could be the year for someone to get 0 points. Don’t know if that has ever happened but it’s possible.

Reactions: Sacchiefs

That's what made little sense, regarding the last Placer game. 17 starters are back this year. Their whole offensive line is back this year. And last year, they played toe to toe with Crenshaw (a team filled with athletes) for a state bowl game--losing in a shootout by just 3 points. Why wasn't the "early season hype" considered in this pick'em? Yes Manogue was highly ranked in Nevada, but there are more teams in the Sac Joaquin section than there are in the whole state of Nevada. I guess it doesn't really matter in the long run. But so many picking Manogue here in our NorCal forum was perplexing, no doubt...

Reactions: championcif75
That's what made little sense, regarding the last Placer game. 17 starters are back this year. Their whole offensive line is back this year. And last year, they played toe to toe with Crenshaw (a team filled with athletes) for a state bowl game--losing in a shootout by just 3 points. Why wasn't the "early season hype" considered in this pick'em? Yes Manogue was highly ranked in Nevada, but there are more teams in the Sac Joaquin section than there are in the whole state of Nevada. I guess it doesn't really matter in the long run. But so many picking Manogue here in our NorCal forum was perplexing, no doubt...
1227,I believe I posted last wk prior to Placer vs BM exactly what you just posted that Placer had a boatload returning this yr from a team that last yr lost a close game dn south in the State Championship game and did so (last yr)with a bunch of soph’s and jr’s,now with that said I can understand the BM hype and pics BUT soooo many of them?Placer this yr is solid,very solid.I’m a Placer guy and many on here know this,i’m also a big SJS guy and always will be and I believe that there are teams in the SJS regardless of div that make and have made tremendous noise in their respective div’s that require....hmmm should I say a little more thought when their number pops up such as this last Placer game vs BM.Placer imho has made such noise and that is why I was as perplexed to see how so many chose BM regardless of their high ranking in Nevada.This is Placer.......a good program under current coach Joey Montoya.....don’t count them out!Especially in a yr such as this one with so many returning players........that’s all I was trying to share in my post prior to that game after seeing so many pics going BM’s way ......that’s all.I’m confident that many bloggers now will take a harder look next time should Placer come up on the pic em’s top 10 again......and I believe they will....dn the road.Go Placer Go SJS.

Last edited:
I just have a feeling I could be wrong,but I got a strong feeling for whatever reason we are all going to see a Placer vs Capital Christian game.........this year! Again I could be wrong but I just got a strong feeling on that...we’ll see I guess,lol.Go Placer

I just have a feeling I could be wrong,but I got a strong feeling for whatever reason we are all going to see a Placer vs Capital Christian game.........this year! Again I could be wrong but I just got a strong feeling on that...we’ll see I guess,lol.Go Placer
So you're accepting the fact of playing in D3 this year?

If that is what the CIF decides and Placer should than so be it,but depending on which teams make playoffs and who pushes who up or dn in div’s.
Just don't sleep on Merced. Haven't seen them this year but they're a D4 team now. But they always have good athletes And a real good coach.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT