ADVERTISEMENT

NCS #1 Campolindo Hosts #5 Miramonte, or…. The Night The Lights Went Out In Moraga

Campo hits the road for their next four games…. I’ll do my best to be there. 🙂

Great game. Just a passing clinic between both teams. The difference was Miramonte's five-minute scoreless stretch in the second quarter and Dutto getting in foul trouble. Excited to see what the rematch looks like. Robeson's status would help the Cougars for sure. He matches up well with Miramonte's length.

Campo hits the road for their next four games…. I’ll do my best to be there. 🙂
In fact, 6 of their final 7 games are on the road, including Lincoln of Stockton. It's a formidable gauntlet to finish the regular season. I'm sure Northgate & Miramonte can't wait to get to get one last shot at the Cougars on their home court.

I didn’t realize Miramonte was D3. They are going to be a major problem in NCS and Norcal.

I'm not so sure they'd be put into D3. Before last night, they were #5 in NCS, all divisions (according to MaxPreps).

They will likely drop a spot or two on the next set of rankings, but certainly not much further than that.

Lots of games left in the next couple weeks, including one each against the league's Big 3. NCS Open is still not out of reach for the Mats, and they'd have to get upset at least a couple times to fall all the way to D3.

At least, that's the way I understand the rather convoluted set of rules... And, of course, I don't know which of the rankings sets they use anyhow.

One thing I did spot: Open teams that lose before the section final get another game, which I'm assuming would be for placement/seeding in NorCals in whatever division the CIF chooses for them.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT