7) Logan
8) MV
9) DV
10) AV
11) Pitt
12) Liberty
13) Granada
14) SL

AV got no benefit whatsoever from winning the EBAL tourney, and it looks like losing didn't affect DLS at all either. Dublin dropped from the likely top seed in losing to AV.

Looks like Moreau received the MVAL league Championship Bid with #3 seed in Division 2. Logan must have an at-Large bid with #7 seed.

Looks like Moreau received the MVAL league Championship Bid with #3 seed in Division 2. Logan must have an at-Large bid with #7 seed.

Logan and AV both deserved better than a 2nd round date with Dublin as a reward for winning league. Meanwhile DLS is sitting pretty as the #5 seed despite losing in the 1st round of the EBAL playoffs. It's like it didn't happen. I'm not saying they're not the 5th best team, but I figured they'd at least drop a spot or two.

Wow Logan and amador both got shafted in the seedlngs no way college park
should be ahead of them. Cleary the committee thought the dfal was stronger
Then the mval because they put no value in Logan being a co-champ in
There league and no value in heritage being a league champ should have been
higher then dublin.

Reactions: drmarkppd
Logan should be the 5th seed, DLS should be 6th and CPshould be 7th. Logan gets the first round on the road and then Dublin if they make it? lmfao

Logan should leave MVAL. They are the only legit D1 school in that league. All their competition is D2 level or lower. Irvington and American don’t help the league strength.

Or they should schedule 3 or 4 top EBAL teams in the pre season because that league whether
it's up or down will always put 5 or 6 teams in the playoffs.

Agree with Observer. Amador Valley got hosed. A 10 seed!!! i guess being EBAL champion is meaningless. AV goes to DLS and wins. Then the Dons go to Dublin and beat the Gaels and win the EBAL Championship. They got nothing for their efforts. Amador plays Logan. Should be a great game. Possibly the best match up of the first round. Both teams are peaking at the right time.

Let's now look at the #5 and #6 seeds. DLS. How did the Spartans get a 5 seed. Who did they beat? Where is their signature win or wins? They didn't make the finals of the EBAL tournament. Why all of the love for College Park? A good team. Well coached and the play hard. However they finished third in the DVAL. Why are they seeded over AV and Logan?

Did the committee already have their seeding done Friday night. Wake up Sunday morning and say whoops Amador beat Dublin. Now problem, we will just make Clayton Valley Charter the #1 seed and Dublin #2.

Hey EBAL. Can your playoffs.

It looks like EBAL league play determined their seeding position. Their tournament only issue an automatic bid which none of them needed. Also these seeds are very close to Max Prep NCS D1 bum rankings.

I’ve been around basketball for a long time; AV and Logan has to be 2 of the worst seedings I’ve ever seen. Hands down biggest snubs. You have to league champions playing in the first round. NCS bombed this big time. They pretty much just looked at Maxpreps and said hey this looks like a good list. Wow I’m speechless. They should go back to the old school ways when coaches get to show up and speak for their teams. They need to get off their lazy tails and actually go watch some of these games. This is ridiculous.

Everything seems to be based on head to head. That way the committee can justify the seeding.

December games do count. It doesn't matter what you do in February. Its all about head to head on Dec 7. HA

Name a team CP or De La Salle beat that beat Logan. I hear crickets...... Logan won the De La Salle tournament. I understand December matters. But committee didn’t credit AV for winning Ebal championship. They would love gotten a 10 seed even if they lost first round.

AV just beat De La and beat Dublin. What about that head to head

6 losses in EBAL is still 6 losses in EBAL..... AV went 1-1 vs. DLS and 1-2 vs. Dublin. Add in 0-1 vs. Monte Vista, 0-1 vs. Dougherty Valley and a bad loss to Granada. There's your head to head. If you want a higher seed don't lose 6 games in EBAL. It's awesome they got hot the last week of league but it looks like the "committee" valued the entire body of work, which I think isn't a bad way of doing it. If they hadn't "won" the EBAL, would anyone even blink at them getting a 10 seed?

That said, 10 seed is still a little rough, but if I'm Dublin I'm also not super thrilled about the prospect of facing one of the "hotter" teams in the section in round 2.

@DonniePeckerwood so you agree with De La Salle and CP being seeded ahead of Logan? I just don’t see what the committee was thinking. Yes i wouldn’t happy if i was Dublin having to play AV who just beat them or a dangerous Logan team. Could be an early exit for Dublin

@DonniePeckerwood so you agree with De La Salle and CP being seeded ahead of Logan? I just don’t see what the committee was thinking. Yes i wouldn’t happy if i was Dublin having to play AV who just beat them or a dangerous Logan team. Could be an early exit for Dublin

No I never said that. I'm pretty sure my post above was pretty EBAL specific with zero mention of Logan or CP?? I'd be totally fine with Logan being seeded ahead of DLS and CP.

All of that said, I'm picking the Gaels to win NCS. That's my prediction. Last year's NCS experience for them will be the key to their success. They've been there before.

Reactions: MoneyTeam0115
6 losses in EBAL is still 6 losses in EBAL..... AV went 1-1 vs. DLS and 1-2 vs. Dublin. Add in 0-1 vs. Monte Vista, 0-1 vs. Dougherty Valley and a bad loss to Granada. There's your head to head. If you want a higher seed don't lose 6 games in EBAL. It's awesome they got hot the last week of league but it looks like the "committee" valued the entire body of work, which I think isn't a bad way of doing it. If they hadn't "won" the EBAL, would anyone even blink at them getting a 10 seed?

That said, 10 seed is still a little rough, but if I'm Dublin I'm also not super thrilled about the prospect of facing one of the "hotter" teams in the section in round 2.
Plus their 7 EBAL wins were 6 vs non-playoff teams and one over #13 Granada. 10 seemed right before the playoff; playoff got them a home game. Logan seems to have the biggest gripe

Reactions: DonniePeckerwood
I am picking to rebound and win NCS. I think they will be play clayton valley in the finals

I am picking to rebound and win NCS. I think they will be play clayton valley in the finals

What are the numbers trying to tell us about the entire NCS:

For the D1 Division the 14 teams come from the following Conferences:

DFAL -2
EBAL- 6
MVAL- 1
BVAL- 3
WACFL-2

The Top 4 teams in the entire NCS are:
1. Salesian (27-1) - TCRL
2. Bishop O'Dowd (21-5) - WACFL
3 Las Lomas (24-2) - DVAL
4. Clayton Valley Charter (24-2) - DVAL

Dublin is #5 24-4 from the EBAL probably the deepest D1 league with perennial powers Da La Salle and Monte Vista.

The top 4 teams in NCS strengthens your schedule if you play them. For example Berkeley loss 5 games but 2 were against BOD and 2 more losses were against Las Lomas and CVC. 4 of 5 losses vs top 4 teams with a 21-5 record.

If you want to know why College Park? All I can think is they beat DFAL Campolindo three times this season and Campolindo defeated Mighty CVC once while CVC only other losses was to Las Lomas. College Park posted a 19-7 record this season with 5 of 7 losses coming from the top NCS Powers Las Lomas and CVC both teams are in their league.

**I am just stating these numbers however this does not say I agree with this information.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Reactions: observer22
And that was even before the upsets in the EBAL playoffs, which changed everything ;)

I don't think Dublin should have a problem with Logan @ Dublin's gym. I love Logan but I don't think they have the offensive skills to get a road win in the playoffs when the defense tightens up and crowd gets into it. Logan has done good this season because they have some good athletes and the players do a good job of following the coaching instructions, but they don't really have many guys that are naturally skilled on the offensive end.

I don't know too much about Amador Valley but after seeing that they got wins over DLS/Dublin, I wouldn't be surprised if they beat Logan. I didn't think Logan was going to go too far this season, but it's just a disappointment that Logan doesn't get a home playoff game after putting together a better season then most expected. Even last season when we made it to state, we got a total of two home tournament games. We have a real nice gym too, what a shame.

Logan should schedule dela, amador,Dublin and doughtery valley in there pre season
next year win 3 or 4 of those games and seeding won't be an issue next year because
The committee has clearly shown they have no respect for the league
they play in.

Logan should schedule dela, amador,Dublin and doughtery valley in there pre season
next year win 3 or 4 of those games and seeding won't be an issue next year because
The committee has clearly shown they have no respect for the league
they play in.

They scheduled MV and Foothill this year and beat both of them. Losses to CVC and Heritage hurt them though. Had they beaten one them, it would have been a nice signature win.

They beat Fairfield the night after FF beat DLS, but the committee didn’t notice. Had DLS beaten FF and then lost to Logan, maybe things are different? Although AV beating DLS got them no love.

@observer 22 my point is if a league such as EBAL is going to put 5 or 6 teams in the playoffs
then they would be better served to schedule at least 3 or 4 of those top teams even if you
split a loss to a top 4 EBAL team is probaby better strength of schedule wise. There
win over MV was a good win though for sure.

@observer 22 my point is if a league such as EBAL is going to put 5 or 6 teams in the playoffs
then they would be better served to schedule at least 3 or 4 of those top teams even if you
split a loss to a top 4 EBAL team is probaby better strength of schedule wise. There
win over MV was a good win though for sure.

I completely agree. My point was they did schedule 2 EBAL teams and won the DLS tourney. They probably expected to face DLS in the 2nd round. In winning that tourney and beating the team that beat DLS on the following night, they should have gotten credit as if they had beaten DLS head to head, as it wasn't their fault DLS lost before they could face them.

Most people felt Foothill would be a playoff team this year too. I think they tried to beef up their schedule in playing 2 EBAL teams MV & Foothill, playing in (and winning) the DLS tourney and facing Salesian, Sacred Heart, CVC and Heritage. It just didn't work out for them in the seedings. And I think both they and AV got screwed.

MVAL D1 American High and Irvington High aren’t helping the situation

Logan 2017-18<#7 Seed>
————————————
**8-4 non-conference record
Loss to Heritage
Loss to Salesian
Loss to CVC
Loss to Sacred Heart Prep

Wins>
San Leandro
St. Mary’s - Albany
Fairfield
Regis Jesuit
Foothill
Monte Vista
Pittsburgh

Logan 2016-17 <#4 Seed>
————————————-
**9-3 non-conference record
Loss to DeLaSalle
Loss to St Pat-St Vincent
Loss to Mission

Win>
Oakland Tech
San Leandro
CVC
Foothill
Monte Vista
Dougherty Valley
Loyola - LA

Logan 2015-16 <#11 Seed>
—————————————
**7-5 non-conference record
Loss to San Leandro
Loss to Serra
Loss to Deer Valley
Loss to Berkeley
Loss to Dougherty Valley

Wins>
College Park
Castro Valley
St Pat-St Vincent
Campolindo
St. Ignatius
Burlingame

D1 was a joke. They should do away with the Shaughnessy playoff system if there is no benefit for the league champ. Heritage is the only team in the top 3 that won their league title and get a #3 seed? Are you kidding me? Amador beat both #1 seeds on the road and didn't do better then a #10 seed. What's with all the love for Berkeley, DLS and College Park? James Logan should have been a head of all 3 of those teams, in my opinion. Not sure who does these seedings but they are clueless and don't watch much high school basketball and if they do, they are brutal. Zero benefit to all the teams that won or shared their league titles. Gil Lemmon, no better time to retire and hand things over to anyone that thinks clearly and has even the smallest brain. You have been butchering the NCS and all it's rules for years and we have all had enough.

There's got to be something that warrants CP and DLS being seeded ahead of Logan and/or Amador. CP looks like they beat Amador in December. Could that be it? Did those 2 programs have signature wins that aren't shown on MaxPreps?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT