ADVERTISEMENT

NCS D1 Bracket

There's got to be something that warrants CP and DLS being seeded ahead of Logan and/or Amador. CP looks like they beat Amador in December. Could that be it? Did those 2 programs have signature wins that aren't shown on MaxPreps?

That CP win over AV is looking better and better and may be why they are ahead of AV, but it still doesn't explain why they ahead of Logan. Logan should have jumped both CP and DLS and been at least a #5 seed.

There's got to be something that warrants CP and DLS being seeded ahead of Logan and/or Amador. CP looks like they beat Amador in December. Could that be it? Did those 2 programs have signature wins that aren't shown on MaxPreps?

Logan won the DLS touney and shared their league title. College Park did beat Amador early in the year, no doubt about that but they were in a D2 heavy league, finished 3rd and had a league record of 5-5. If you want to call Campo & Amador signature wins, then that's fine, I'll give you that but when you beat DLS & Dublin on the road and win a 10 team D1 league (with the exception of Livermore), I would say that's more impressive but then again what do I know. It's seem like everyone is guessing on who this thing works out anyways.

I'm cool with Logan being ahead of CP and DLS.

DLS lost two games in league before the tournament. Amador valley lost SIX. There's your answer. AV went 1-2 vs. Dublin, 1-1 vs. DLS, 0-1 vs. Monte Vista, 0-1 vs. Dougherty Valley, and had a bad loss to Granada. Of the seven league games they won, SIX of them were against non playoff teams...... 10 seed seems like a relatively fair place for a team that severely under-performed during league and then got hot the last week of the season. They had the 5th best record in EBAL league play behind Dublin, DLS, Monte Vista, and Dougherty Valley.

I'm cool with Logan being ahead of CP and DLS.

DLS lost two games in league before the tournament. Amador valley lost SIX. There's your answer. AV went 1-2 vs. Dublin, 1-1 vs. DLS, 0-1 vs. Monte Vista, 0-1 vs. Dougherty Valley, and had a bad loss to Granada. Of the seven league games they won, SIX of them were against non playoff teams...... 10 seed seems like a relatively fair place for a team that severely under-performed during league and then got hot the last week of the season. They had the 5th best record in EBAL league play behind Dublin, DLS, Monte Vista, and Dougherty Valley.

Then why even have divisions or a playoff to determine a champion? Normally, a major factor for postseason seeding is who is playing well at the end of the season. DLS, Dublin, MV, and DV all lost their last game, while AV got on a roll. If they are only going to look at regular season records, then just crown Dublin as champs and move on to NCS. I'm not suggesting AV should pass Dublin, but DV didn't even make the EBAL playoffs, much less win them. It appears they carried no weight whatsoever. AV would have been #10 if they had lost to DLS by 30.

They put us on the road against a team that's scoring hot recently whatever.

Logan is going to be a top 3 seed, you can come back to this next season. The committee will have no choice but to respect them, they're gonna have a squad next season and you guys can take that to the bank. I'll donate 50 to the charity of anyone's choice if we're lower then #3.

Have a good tournament, I'm too salty to watch.

Logan gone “One and Done!” The Coaching Staff is better then the prior group but there is still more you should desired. There was enough talent this year to go further. Next year can be more of the same. Figure it out......

Logan gone “One and Done!” The Coaching Staff is better then the prior group but there is still more you should desired. There was enough talent this year to go further. Next year can be more of the same. Figure it out......

Coaching staff wasn't the issue my man, and I know I sound obvious but this team was offensively challenged to the max. Maybe they weren't as they could have been but look at that roster and name one player not named Hawkins that would start for a legit contender.

Anyways, I don't wanna sit here and be the guy who complains and ruins the thread. AV and Dublin should be a great matchup, hopefully Heritage can handle their stuff and make it deep. Personally I think Dublin, CVC and Heritage are the most fun to watch, would love to see them match up with each other.

A lot of folks on this very forum picked Logan as a sleeper so they are a contender. But you can’t come to the playoffs and say they do have legit starters after folks said they should be a higher seed. They have players.....or were they really a 7th seed?

Any results for Heritage vs San Leandro? The game should be over by now with 5:30p start.

AV clearly looked like the better team. They were in control from the start and were up 20 in the 2nd half prior to mass substitution. The Dons’ student section was shouting “We want Dublin” near the end. Coach Costello was smiling. Don’t think he won’t use that as motivation this week in practice, as if they need any after Saturday.

Reactions: NorCalScout
Logan looked pathetic tonight one and done never was in the game no shooters
and could not solve the zone by amador which was surprising considering they
Just faced a zone team in moreau a pretender team that is GONE FISHING.

Reactions: NorCalScout

Team full of Sophomores and Juniors, but you keep talking shit about a bunch of highschool kids behind a keyboard

Yep, a pretender who was the defending NorCal D1 champs and figured to rebuild this year anyway...

giphy.gif

Team full of Sophomores and Juniors

You really don’t get High School Basketball eh? The Great Dublin is lead by a Sophomore and last year’s Northern California player of the year was a Junior. Top ranked Salesian was lead by a Junior last year. Underclass men can play ball too.

Man you guys put a lot of pressure on these kids. Keyword “kids” you guys seem to forget. We put these players on under microscope and forget that they are just kids man. It’s sad. Grown ass men can sit behind the keyboard and bash some high school kids. 15, 16, and 17 year old kids. It’s damn shame what this message board is coming to. On that note congrats to Amador haven’t seen them play but they are obviously the real deal. They seem to have a lot of size. Couple 6’8 and 6’6 kids according to their roster.

Talking sh!!! really where did I single out any player or coach i said they looked
Pathetic offensively against the zone they were up up against which in my opinion
they did and there lack of perimeter shooting was evident I called it how I saw
It now if people want to get in there feelings and say I was bashing kids when
I wasn't.Teams get criticised on this board all the time now if you like or support
a certain team and you want to boast or point out when they get a big win (moreau)
and then openly complain about there seeding and then they show up and
and play as flat as they did last night and you cannot accept team criticism.

Last edited:

Logan was pathetic, zero energy, poor game planning and no answers for Amador who I have seen many times and they did not play well either and still won easily.

@bones40 @NorCalScout I would add I have a feeling this Program got excited at the end of the game vs Moreau. That’s a lot of emotion to spend and not enough time to recover before a NCS tourney challenge, crap happens. I would say look back at the loss to Newark as a turning point. Their team could had enter Friday’s contest at 12-1 with Moreau 11-2. Lose that game, tie for the title and enter NCS hungry. Nonetheless this is the only Logan team to go into the Moreau gym and win. Great accomplishment, thumbs Up.

Reactions: observer22
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT