ADVERTISEMENT

NCS League Predictions

Norcal_Fan

Hall of Famer
Aug 13, 2001
Since the hoop season is right under way, who do you think are teams that could make some noise? Front runners are pretty obvious:

EBAL (Carondolet)
DFAL (Miramonte)
WAC (O'Dowd for sure)

Dublin could give Carondelet a challenge in their first year in the EBAL.

You can't under estimate any team. But the fact that Dublin upset Carondelet the last time they played should have Carondelet focused on not taking them for granted. I think if the younger Finau player (Mele) is healthy enough to play Dublin will have a better chance. But I think Dublin's chances of beating Carondelet will be better next year. But hey..... that's why they play the game.

Last edited:
Does Acalanes or Campo have enough to pull off an upset with Miramonte? Clay says they'll still be good but how much of a drop off from last year will there be? Are they an open type of team?

Does Acalanes or Campo have enough to pull off an upset with Miramonte? Clay says they'll still be good but how much of a drop off from last year will there be? Are they an open type of team?

I think coaching plays a big part in how well players and teams develop. That said Miramonte has some of the best coaching in the area, so we'll have to wait and see. I'm not sure who Miramonte has coming in, but I'm sure Kelly( and now Clay) will get the best out of their returning and new players. Some coaches are better than others. And some coaches are more experienced than others. And since the coach decides who plays, how much they play, the rotations, game plan, and adjustments..... They determine how soon player's build confidence, and how soon a team's chemistry, trust, etc... develops.

Both Acalanes and Campo should be improved and licking their chops at the chance to upset or at least keep the game respectable for the first time in a while. Based on last season, Campo might be the best challenge for Miramonte. I'm Not sure Acalane's new coach will be able to get her senior led team to buy into her philosophy and style fast enough. Or if it will even be effective enough to match up with Miramonte, and now Campo, who come in with a psychological edge over them. That confidence edge is bigger in girls basketball than in boys IMO. That is why I commented a while back on a coach coming from out of the area wouldn't know the players and contrasting coaching styes as well as a coach from within who knows the players and coaching styles to expect. Not that it is impossible to get up to speed quickly. But we'll have to wait and see how fast each coach builds confidence in their players.

I'm not sure if Miramonte will be, or even want to be, an open post season team. I think they will be good. I wouldn't think they would be good enough to win the open. So getting a Division 2 berth ( and winning the d2 Championship) might be their best case scenario.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT