ADVERTISEMENT

Newman 47 Maria Carillo 14

Okay??? Trying to convince me or yourself? You have a nice facility, I'm just not a fan of tracks around the field.

Good to be back guys.

Haven't posted in a while but I've been watching. Not exactly sure why G61 has such a hate for Newman but you know what they say, if people are hatin' on you, then you're doing something right.

Reactions: Kenny B.
Good to be back guys.

Haven't posted in a while but I've been watching. Not exactly sure why G61 has such a hate for Newman but you know what they say, if people are hatin' on you, then you're doing something right.
Glad to have you back USMC.

That Newman- Carrillo game was a perfect storm. The pdpreps article plus the Carrillo player down-playing Newman's past success set them up for the way that game played out. Newman came out with a chip on their shoulder.

That Newman- Carrillo game was a perfect storm. The pdpreps article plus the Carrillo player down-playing Newman's past success set them up for the way that game played out. Newman came out with a chip on their shoulder.
Newman came out with a chip on their shoulder to beat Maria Carillo!? You need to get out more often...LOL

Newman came out with a chip on their shoulder to beat Maria Carillo!? You need to get out more often...LOL
I'm at every game and my son plays on the team so I kinda have an idea of whats going on. It wasn't a doubt that they would win but by how much. We all know Carrillo is a middle of the pack team in the NBL. So yeah they came out to prove a point.

I'm at every game and my son plays on the team so I kinda have an idea of whats going on. It wasn't a doubt that they would win but by how much. We all know Carrillo is a middle of the pack team in the NBL. So yeah they came out to prove a point.
You said it yourself- "A middle of the pack team." And that's middle of the pack for that weak league.

My reference for you to get out more was in reference to some of the great football being played outside of your area (see the message boards for reference). A CN vs. Carillo match up isn't exactly what we pay to see up here ;)

Trust me i know good high school football man. I played with a NFL pro. Growing up in Stockton in the 90s i saw multiple guys go D1. You're right though the football up here is weak compared to other sections. I wish we would've stayed D3 in playoffs. I think it give us a bad look. We got a D1 qb and possibly a receiver with some solid O linemen. We should be playing up.

Trust me i know good high school football man. I played with a NFL pro. Growing up in Stockton in the 90s i saw multiple guys go D1. You're right though the football up here is weak compared to other sections. I wish we would've stayed D3 in playoffs. I think it give us a bad look. We got a D1 qb and possibly a receiver with some solid O linemen. We should be playing up.
I agree. Good stuff. And good luck to you this year.

Don't let this guy suck you in. There is a solid brand of football played in the North Bay. G61 likes to talk up all the scholarships that Folsom had last season. Cardinal Newman was a late penalty away from beating Oaks Christian who had just as many D1 guys and guys who start in the NFL today. Cardinal Newman has been good since the 70's not 10 years. This year is a down year and I wouldn't be surprised if Rancho or Analy wins 3 and Newman and MC are the favorite for 4. Newman is smart for dropping to 4. They are looking at the big picture. When they face a So Cal team it will be on an even playing field. With the new format were going to find out who is who and what is what in these regional games. Not sure what's on the horizon but an unbeatable team should pop up in the North Bay soon.

Don't let this guy suck you in. There is a solid brand of football played in the North Bay. G61 likes to talk up all the scholarships that Folsom had last season. Cardinal Newman was a late penalty away from beating Oaks Christian who had just as many D1 guys and guys who start in the NFL today. Cardinal Newman has been good since the 70's not 10 years. This year is a down year and I wouldn't be surprised if Rancho or Analy wins 3 and Newman and MC are the favorite for 4. Newman is smart for dropping to 4. They are looking at the big picture. When they face a So Cal team it will be on an even playing field. With the new format were going to find out who is who and what is what in these regional games. Not sure what's on the horizon but an unbeatable team should pop up in the North Bay soon.
So, a solid brand of football is playing Fort Bragg, Rancho Cotate, and Maria Carillo?

Don't be a homer....

Cardinal Newman was good in the 70's and 80's LOCALLY. Back then, they didn't play anybody outside their own section. Don't confuse paper wins with success ;)

I swear...the private school crowd ALWAYS has the lowest self esteem. LOL

So, a solid brand of football is playing Fort Bragg, Rancho Cotate, and Maria Carillo?

Don't be a homer....

Cardinal Newman was good in the 70's and 80's LOCALLY. Back then, they didn't play anybody outside their own section. Don't confuse paper wins with success ;)

I swear...the private school crowd ALWAYS has the lowest self esteem. LOL

In the 70's and 80's they played teams from all over. Newman and DLS played back in the day. The league had teams from like Vallejo in it way back in the day. Maria Carillo had teams not too long ago that were tough to beat. Rancho Cotate has been solid for 20 years. Its not being a homer. Like Eureka sounds small but I know of 3 years that Eureka would have kicked the teeth out of most of the SFL.

In the 70's and 80's they played teams from all over. Newman and DLS played back in the day. The league had teams from like Vallejo in it way back in the day. Maria Carillo had teams not too long ago that were tough to beat. Rancho Cotate has been solid for 20 years. Its not being a homer. Like Eureka sounds small but I know of 3 years that Eureka would have kicked the teeth out of most of the SFL.
LOL stop it! Newman and DLS are both in the NCS.

That is not from "all over."

I know you are in a bubble, but c'mon. That is sad.

Rancho Cotate has been "solid for 20 years." Right..........according to what standard? YOUR local level.

Dude, that is total homerism. :)

We can go back and forth on this. Off the top of my head Rancho has played Burbank, Del Campo, Napa, Vaden, Bethel, whoever. If it looks to be a competitive game Rancho is down. Newman guys can tell you who they have played better than I but Del Oro, Valley Christian, St Mary's, Central Catholic. Per Calpreps Little Ol Casa Grande had a tougher non league schedule than Big Bad Folsom. What's up with that? Folsom shouldn't be playing teams with less than a 50 calpreps rating in non league games. We big game hunt in the North Bay! They kill squirrels in the Foothills. Then brag and claim since the squirrel was rabid it was dangerous.

I'll be honest. Ranchos record vs the SJS can't be that good. They are probably -30 in turnovers vs SJS teams.

We can go back and forth on this. Off the top of my head Rancho has played Burbank, Del Campo, Napa, Vaden, Bethel, whoever. If it looks to be a competitive game Rancho is down. Newman guys can tell you who they have played better than I but Del Oro, Valley Christian, St Mary's, Central Catholic. Per Calpreps Little Ol Casa Grande had a tougher non league schedule than Big Bad Folsom. What's up with that? Folsom shouldn't be playing teams with less than a 50 calpreps rating in non league games. We big game hunt in the North Bay! They kill squirrels in the Foothills. Then brag and claim since the squirrel was rabid it was dangerous.
You hunt big game in the North Bay!? Fort Bragg in the D4 playoffs!?????? LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

First off, our league is stronger than EVERY league in Norcal. We played CVC in a non-league game. Your BEST team got blanked by them!!!! Sounds like "big game" to me!

I don't know about squirrels. But I do know about rings...2 of them in the last 5 years. STATE titles....not section titles ;)

Everyone knows the North Bay is completely inferior to the Bay Area and SJS schools. It will always be that way. It also doesn't help that many families are leaving your area in droves. Hence, the declining enrollments ;)

"We hunt real game in the hills" ;););););)

I'll be honest. Ranchos record vs the SJS can't be that good. They are probably -30 in turnovers vs SJS teams.
I still can't believe you are touting Rancho as a football powerhouse. They would finish 2nd to last in our league :):):):)

You hunt big game in the North Bay!? Fort Bragg in the D4 playoffs!?????? LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

First off, our league is stronger than EVERY league in Norcal. We played CVC in a non-league game. Your BEST team got blanked by them!!!! Sounds like "big game" to me!

I don't know about squirrels. But I do know about rings...2 of them in the last 5 years. STATE titles....not section titles ;)

Everyone knows the North Bay is completely inferior to the Bay Area and SJS schools. It will always be that way. It also doesn't help that many families are leaving your area in droves. Hence, the declining enrollments ;)

"We hunt real game in the hills" ;););););)

I like Folsom. A kid that came up in Rohnert Park moved to Folsom and did well for them. I was in a barbershop no too long ago and heard about another kid who moved there from far away to play for them. Folsom is good in my book.

I am not being sarcastic at all when I ask this....

Have you ever been to Folsom?

Yes. It's been years though. I would swing by to chill at the lake with you but there's only one problem.

That's the problem!
It is bad. I live very close to the lake. On the weekends, I go running out there. You can actually walk out into the lake and see the old ruins of Mormon Island right now. Scary stuff.

It is bad. I live very close to the lake. On the weekends, I go running out there. You can actually walk out into the lake and see the old ruins of Mormon Island right now. Scary stuff.

I know. I saw pictures of it in the news paper not long ago. Hopefully this El Nino lives up to the hype.

I know. I saw pictures of it in the news paper not long ago. Hopefully this El Nino lives up to the hype.
Me too. We really need a huge snow pack. That is what really keeps the lake full.

Fingers crossed.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT