ADVERTISEMENT

Newman Vs Mt Eden- Sonoma County Classic

larry legend33

Hall of Famer
Silver Member
Dec 4, 2007
Big game tonight in Santa Rosa as Newman gets it first big test outside of the "bubble" of sonoma county. Mt. Eden has impressive wins against Oak Tech, Las Lomas, Fremont-Oak, EC, and a close loss to power Salesian. This would be a big momentum builder going into the NBL.

Football players Damien Wallace and Jalen Dural are starting to get into shape and playing well for Newman now.

Mt Eden beat Newman tonight. Good win against Las Lomas in this tourney too. The teams from Santa Rosa area look horrible. Newman is down this year. I now see what another poster was saying about Mt Eden. When they shoot well from the outside, they can surprise some teams. #13 and #24 from Mt Eden play hard. Of course, Tony #5 is the engine that runs that team.

That team can play and they have gaurd play which is essential to winning
At the high school level.Mt eden and James Logan are two teams to keep an eye
On both had solid pre seasons.

How bad is newman? Mt Eden beat them 51-44 and the game was basically even at halftime. Sounds like Newman shat the bed in the 3rd qtr scoring 4pts. This is the same Mt Eden team that beat Oakland Tech by 10 who just won the platinum division of the St Hope Classic against Burbank. In the first round game Santa Rosa lost to Mt Eden 47-44. Mt Eden is really good but the top teams from Santa Rosa aren't far behind and its a down year. (agree).

Souley did not play! That's huge. Mt Eden can upset some teams but they also have bad losses. If their guards don't score, they don't win. I believe they will be up and down all year. They play bad against bad teams. They believe they will win and reduce their energy level. That's a great recipe for upset. But I think they get up for the big games and #5 Tony brings it and that is a recipe for upset in their favor. That kid can play for real. Bones40, good call from earlier in the season. Santa Rosa teams looked bad. Normally, Cardinal Newmas is better. The rest are not good.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT