ADVERTISEMENT

Nike TOC 12/10/18

Question: do you think that the reason more top teams aren’t going is a lot of schools are moving finals before winter break? I know it’s not cheap to travel but I thought this is normally a good a draw

Question: do you think that the reason more top teams aren’t going is a lot of schools are moving finals before winter break? I know it’s not cheap to travel but I thought this is normally a good a draw
I say yes! Most likely a little bit of both. Finals are very important for the upperclassmen trying to increase those gpa’s and cost of travel is always associated with it.

The calendar is always key for Christmas events. Next year, for example, the Jamboree will have to extend over four days because there's a Sunday in the middle, and we can't play on Sundays.

Finals have a major impact on the TOC, especially as more schools are starting earlier and having finals before Christmas instead of in January.

The week before? Everyone is in school then, and it's a four-day tournament. That would mean most teams would fly in Tuesday and miss four days of school.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT